This is the most negative the board has been after a WIN ever

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What would make me happy is some fucking accountability which actually would help the team. You think the McCaskeys should sit there with their collective thumb up their ass while the millionth front office in a row fucked up at QB again? Or should they fire Pace? The man who built a 12-4 team last season with excellent drafting. Pace gets a free ride this season because of last season. Maybe Windy is right and Raggone should get the axe, my point is SOMEBODY not named Ryan Pace who was involved in picking Mitch needs to be fired.

You are being an idiot. It is not accountability when you punish the wrong person for a screw-up. That is called scapegoating. No one in the organization will walk away thinking they are held accountable for their actions. They will walk away thinking the firing was bullshit because the fault lies with Pace.

It is like you have no comprehension of what it means to work with other people and how morale destroying scapegoating people can be.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is not logical, but it is how football works. Guys get the bus driven over them all the time.

How many OCs and QB coaches did we fire because Cutler did not get better? The truth was that he wasn't that good to start with and the guy who traded for him or paid him should have gone.

The concept of sacrificial lambs should not surprise Bears fans. Lovie was a master of it.

This is some stellar logic here. Because an eventual failed coach and GM scapegoated people, we should learn from their failures by scapegoating people.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
You are being an idiot. It is not accountability when you punish the wrong person for a screw-up. That is called scapegoating. No one in the organization will walk away thinking they are held accountable for their actions. They will walk away thinking the firing was bullshit because the fault lies with Pace.

It is like you have no comprehension of what it means to work with other people and how morale destroying scapegoating people can be.
Cool. So you think Pace should be fired then? Or do you think nothing should happen?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
others not other's.

You would think you would get that right in a post bashing others for their comprehension about a post bashing others for their comprehension.

Touche.

SOME of the arguments in this thread are stupid asf lol.

Altitude sickness? Really?

Anyways, I feel obligated to contribute:

TRUBISKY SUCKS, FLACCO IS ELITE, IF TRUBISKY WAS BLACK HE'D BE TOLD TO RUN MORE, AND PEGGER IS A GEM

^ only one of those is a true opinion of mine. Or rather, none of them are an opinion of mine, but one of them is an absolute fact.

If Trubisky were black, there would be more play designs that took advantage of his running ability. Stereotypes in the NFL still exist. The dude was one of the best running QBs in the NFL and now he sucks trying to be a pocket passer.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You cannot fire Pace, he has gotten too good at the job.

Pace will get to choose another QB and ride it out with Nagy.

But someone is going to get blamed for Trubisky's lack of progress. That shit will land somewhere.

No one is suggesting Pace be fired. I am suggesting they act like adults and learn from the situation.

Cool. So you think Pace should be fired then? Or do you think nothing should happen?

In the real world when mistakes happen, adults sit down and determine the root cause. If it turns out that their evaluation process was sound and they simply got it wrong then guess what shit happens sometimes. That is fucking life. At the end of the day one should be judged on their entire body of work and the same scouts that helped Pace draft Trubisky also helped him draft and thus build the team that went 12-4. So it is the height of stupidity to praise Pace for building a winner and ignore the fact that he did not do so alone.

Now if they find flaws in the evaluation process or in the development process then you correct them but this blanket stupidity of firing someone just cause is asinine.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
If Trubisky were black, there would be more play designs that took advantage of his running ability. Stereotypes in the NFL still exist. The dude was one of the best running QBs in the NFL and now he sucks trying to be a pocket passer.
[/QUOTE]
Must find a way to make him black.

But yeah, have to get him outside of the pocket more, it's not like he took a tremendous beating or anything, he slides and gets out of bounds, he's not Carson Wentz.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
No one is suggesting Pace be fired. I am suggesting they act like adults and learn from the situation.

In the real world when mistakes happen, adults sit down and determine the root cause. If it turns out that their evaluation process was sound and they simply got it wrong then guess what shit happens sometimes. That is fucking life. At the end of the day one should be judged on their entire body of work and the same scouts that helped Pace draft Trubisky also helped him draft and thus build the team that went 12-4. So it is the height of stupidity to praise Pace for building a winner and ignore the fact that he did not do so alone.

Now if they find flaws in the evaluation process or in the development process then you correct them but this blanket stupidity of firing someone just cause is asinine.
A simple I think this should go unpunished would have sufficed.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Like I told Remy, should the Bears be dumb enough to fire Pace on principal? Somebody needs to be held accountable, but not the guy who turned the oldest and least talented team in the NFL to a 12 win team last season. He’s too valuable.
So just fire somebody, I think the hotdog vendor is section 224 is sort of an asshole, let's blame him.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
So just fire somebody, I think the hotdog vendor is section 224 is sort of an asshole, let's blame him.
Is somebody had a significant part in the decision to draft Mitch then yes somebody should be fired.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Using the Pro Bowl, as a 2nd or 3rd alternate as some kind of confirmation that Trubisky is good is the most comical part of all of this.

2 bad games this season. How many last season? The truth is that we have seen far more bad than good from him and that is no even counting the John Fox era. Where is the growth, the progression, the 202?

I want him to move on from a young QB who seems to have stalled at mediocre. Now, Trubisky could change that over the next 14 weeks, but if I was betting on it I would bet against him taking the step that Nagy talked about. I do not want to waste years of an elite defense on sub par QB play. We have done that for most of my football watching life.
The point is the guy is far from the trash you are Chicken Littling about. Saying he has stalled to the point of needing to move on from, after game two of what most would hope would be his break out season, is more premature than a 15 yr olds ejaculation at touching his first boob.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A simple I think this should go unpunished would have sufficed.

Did you read what I said? If there were flaws in the process then something should be done so no it is not simply I think this should go unpunished. It depends. I am objecting to your blanket statement.

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It is not logical, but it is how football works. Guys get the bus driven over them all the time.

How many OCs and QB coaches did we fire because Cutler did not get better? The truth was that he wasn't that good to start with and the guy who traded for him or paid him should have gone.

The concept of sacrificial lambs should not surprise Bears fans. Lovie was a master of it.
Yet you are suggesting what you call an act that is "not logical" needs to be done.
Why?

Hey, I know banging my head with my fist logically won't knock an idea loose, but I have seen it in cartoons so I think I should continue trying it.

Last edited:

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Is somebody had a significant part in the decision to draft Mitch then yes somebody should be fired.
Probably. Usually scouts are hired and fired behind the scenes in the offseason. Firing a non-coach in season isn't going to spark the team or anything.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Probably. Usually scouts are hired and fired behind the scenes in the offseason. Firing a non-coach in season isn't going to spark the team or anything.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The games are so boring tho....
this is exactly why i believe i get upset..i like good fights, back and forth unless it's the packers, just try to shut them out of the game. Chiefs imo are pretty damn fun to watch, same goes for the Patriots now, after the fact i hated them for years until 2016 with just plain hate for Brady and Belichick, now i respect them and labeled them two guys G.o.a.t.s and appreciate what i've witness from them two, wishing that us Bears fans can have that same thing here in Chicago. We need that.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Their defense was ranked 12th in points (that's despite a poor offense that didn't help them). They were in the top 8 in sacks and INTs. They gave up more yards than average, that's it. This year they also have Vic Fangio, who should make them better.
You see how that Broncos defense is not even average? GB will score more than 30 on them!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
You see how that Broncos defense is not even average? GB will score more than 30 on them!

Two of those TDs were off turnovers in or close to the red zone. They've played three games. Long way to go.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Two of those TDs were off turnovers in or close to the red zone. They've played three games. Long way to go.
24 points to the Raiders, and 24+ to the Packers, who could only score a single TD against the Bears.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
24 points to the Raiders, and 24+ to the Packers, who could only score a single TD against the Bears.
LOL, ok, giving up 27 to Packers when your offense gives up the ball in your territory 3 times, including one a the 4 yard line, in Green Bay. missing their leading tackler. That really isn't too bad.

Anyway, who cares? You necroed this thread, that now has nothing to do with the Bears, to tell me about a game you clearly haven't seen one snap of today. It's a long season. If the Broncos defense is really bad in December, come back and tell me how right you were. But if you're going to do this every week without even watching the games, that might get a bit boring.