This is the most negative the board has been after a WIN ever

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Wasn't suggesting he be fired. I am saying his trying to scapegoat someone other than himself for drafting Trubs would be complete and utter bullshit.
I was responding to a post made by Windy about who gets the axe. Obviously pace isn’t getting fired and you can’t punish a coaching staff for a decision that was made before they got there so the next logical solution is a higher up in the scouting department.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
10 pages? No way I'm reading all that shit!

Anyway, I can see why the fan base is frustrated with the win. The team kinda lost the game right before they won it, so it was a roller coaster. I'd compare it to Detroit's week 1 tie with Arizona. Sure it's not a loss, but it really feels like a loss.

What compounds the frustration is that many of the annoying things from week 1 have mapped over to week 2. Seems logical. Not all problems get fixed in a week, so the team is still sorting itself out.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
He isn't good enough right now, no debate there.

My point was" So long as when he starts to play better, which I suspect will happen often this season, will it be enough for those that say he isn't good enough NOW? or it will be because of Nagy or some other reason THEN?

I have no issue with calling a thing a thing NOW...seems others have already built in excuses on why #10 will suck even when he doesn't (but Tampa, But the Philly drive, etc)
I hear you.

My concern is the intangibles that were supposed to show up when the game "slowed down" for him and he got into "202" of the offense aren't happening.

Compare it to any other sport. You can be a monster athlete and practice all day long, but some people just don't have the intangibles for certain things that are inherent in others that excel at them. Maybe he just can't read defenses the way a good QB can. It just isn't how his makeup is at the professional level. I don't know how you change that at this point. It's year 3, so not being able to read a defense at a good level is concerning. I've become highly skeptical that he will be able to turn around. The things that were evident from day 1 have not gotten better for the most part.

Reading a D is a basic thing for an NFL QB, and he's struggling with it in year 3.

Last edited:

MadeinChicago

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. LSU Tigers
I hear you.

My concern is the intangibles that were supposed to show up when the game "slowed down" for him and he got into "202" of the offense aren't happening.

Compare it to any other sport. You can be a monster athlete and practice all day long, but some people just don't have the intangibles for certain things that are inherent in others that excel at them. Maybe he just can't read defenses the way a good QB can. It just isn't how his makeup is at the professional level. I don't know how you change that at this point. It's year 3, so not being able to read a defense at a good level is concerning. I've become highly skeptical that he will be able to turn around. The things that have been evident from day 1 and have not gotten better for the most part.

Reading a D is a basic thing for an NFL QB, and he's struggling with it in year 3.

His play is definitely concerning. As is the whole Offense really. Thought the OL would be better with folks moving to their natural spots on the OL, thought the receivers who were in their first year n the system and with #10 would be more in sync as well. The whole Offense is concerning and that's not bailing #10 out, just a realistic observation.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
His play is definitely concerning. As is the whole Offense really. Thought the OL would be better with folks moving to their natural spots on the OL, thought the receivers who were in their first year n the system and with #10 would be more in sync as well. The whole Offense is concerning and that's not bailing #10 out, just a realistic observation.
I just posted a concern over the OL itself in another thread. They've been hot trash.

Maybe like @Pegger said in the other thread, move Daniels back of to LG and Whitehair back to Center.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

No, it's not. It's the opposite really. It's what separates the good starting QBs from the bad ones (that eventually become backups).

Basic would be like throwing a 10 yard out route pass.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
No, it's not. It's the opposite really. It's what separates the good starting QBs from the bad ones (that eventually become backups).

Basic would be like throwing a 10 yard out route pass.
I hear you, but I was talking about good starting QBs. I don't hold Mitch to Chase Daniel standards (who reads a D better). He's the number 2 overall pick in year 3 and was supposed to be our franchise answer.

Pick apart the "basic" if you must. Think you know what I meant.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
That was 20 years ago. A Trent Dilfer type isn't going to go to the Super Bowl and out play Brady....even though the Pats didn't score many points last year....it's not likely to win with a low scoring offense.

See 2015 Denver Broncos.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
The question I am trying to figure out is who's job does Trubisky cost?

There is no way you miss on the 2nd pick in the draft and everyone survives. It was either a garbage evaluation, which I think it was, or it was poor development.

My guess is Ragone is a dead man walking. He has been with Mitch the entire 3 years that he has had limited development and Pace will need someone to drive the bus over.

The problem for Pace is that it was largely his evaluation. He was personally all in on him from February of that year and I assume he must have watched Watson in particular a ton.

So don't see how he can fire scouts.

And Nagy is very high on Ragone so that is a very risky fire!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The problem for Pace is that it was largely his evaluation. He was personally all in on him from February of that year and I assume he must have watched Watson in particular a ton.

So don't see how he can fire scouts.

And Nagy is very high on Ragone so that is a very risky fire!

Pace should take the blame. But even Biggs said in his article this AM that he is not going anywhere.

Someone is getting shoved under the bus and it won't be fair or enough, but that is what happens when a major decision like this is blown.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Pace should take the blame. But even Biggs said in his article this AM that he is not going anywhere.

Someone is getting shoved under the bus and it won't be fair or enough, but that is what happens when a major decision like this is blown.

I don't think anything happens this year. They keep the pretense going right the way through to 9-7 and watching Mahomes lift the Lombardi. Then people get disapeared in February.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think anything happens this year. They keep the pretense going right the way through to 9-7 and watching Mahomes lift the Lombardi. Then people get disapeared in February.

We are talking about the offseason.

They are going to ride out 2019 and hope and pray that it can be salvaged.

The worst thing that could happen is that we hear "Mitch is our QB" and we throw away 2020 on him as well.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
We are talking about the offseason.

They are going to ride out 2019 and hope and pray that it can be salvaged.

The worst thing that could happen is that we hear "Mitch is our QB" and we throw away 2020 on him as well.

Let's be honest though - there is a good chance that happens.

Say his season pans out like 2018. Terrible to start, break out game vs garbage defense (Skins, Raiders), some improvement, continues to shit the bed in primetime, promising 4th quarter drive in loss.

They will say it was a tougher schedule and his improvement in practice was real and 2020 is his year for 303.

There was a great quote from a cricket legend when asked why a talented player showed no imorovement after 50 Tests for his country. He said he hssn't played 50 games. He's played one game, 50 times.

I always think if #10 now when I hear that now.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Let's be honest though - there is a good chance that happens.

Say his season pans out like 2018. Terrible to start, break out game vs garbage defense (Skins, Raiders), some improvement, continues to shit the bed in primetime, promising 4th quarter drive in loss.

They will say it was a tougher schedule and his improvement in practice was real and 2020 is his year for 303.

There was a great quote from a cricket legend when asked why a talented player showed no imorovement after 50 Tests for his country. He said he hssn't played 50 games. He's played one game, 50 times.

I always think if #10 now when I hear that now.

If Pace cannot admit his mistake and take the necessary steps to get a consistent QB in here then we should talk about his job.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
If Pace cannot admit his mistake and take the necessary steps to get a consistent QB in here then we should talk about his job.

And just like that we're back to the January presser apology.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was responding to a post made by Windy about who gets the axe. Obviously pace isn’t getting fired and you can’t punish a coaching staff for a decision that was made before they got there so the next logical solution is a higher up in the scouting department.

Or you just accept that you as GM blew it and not punish anyone. If the GM was sold on Mitch then there is no reason to punish anyone. You accept you fucked up and try to do better next time. This act of trying to scapegoat someone for something that was your fault is ultimately cowardly.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Or you just accept that you as GM blew it and not punish anyone. If the GM was sold on Mitch then there is no reason to punish anyone. You accept you fucked up and try to do better next time. This act of trying to scapegoat someone for something that was your fault is ultimately cowardly.
I think Windy was saying that ownership should make somebody pay for fucking that pick up. Not Pace himself. They would be foolish to pick Pace or Nagy so again the next logical choice would be a higher up in the scouting department or FO.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think Windy was saying that ownership should make somebody pay for fucking that pick up. Not Pace himself. They would be foolish to pick Pace or Nagy so again the next logical choice would be a higher up in the scouting department or FO.

Yeah and I am saying that is cowardly. Doesn't matter who is doing it. At the end of the day, Trubs was Pace's pick. For Pace or ownership to try and scapegoat someone else is bullshit. It serves no purpose. You don't prove anything to anyone by false firing someone for something that is Pace's responsibility.

Now I will say if you want to get someone new to try and get through to Trubs that is fair game. So if you think he may need a new QB coach then so be it. However, it shouldn't be the case that you are doing it just to scapegoat and find fault but rather because you genuinely believe Trubs me need a new perspective to get him over the hump.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
If Nagy plays Mitch like this, the bears will put up some nice numbers and the D would feast on leads and rest. Why is Nagy so ****ing dumb????????

Simple really.

He has to do things his way. Everything has to fit his system.