Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
My money is on Franks Arkansas as a sleeper.
No chance. He was given every opportunity and coached be Mullen at UF. He sucked ass. I will be surprised if he ever makes it off an NFL PS.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lawrence and Lance will be future HOFers out of this class. Everyone else will be an afterthought in a few years. Stay away from Jones. Way too much talent around him at Bama to make any kind of rational evaluation.
So there wasn't too much talent at Ohio State and Clemson? Should we stay away from Lance because the competition wasn't good enough to evaluate him and he effectively hasn't played in a year?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No chance. He was given every opportunity and coached be Mullen at UF. He sucked ass. I will be surprised if he ever makes it off an NFL PS.

He will probably be a TE in the NFL like Logan Thomas. He's 6'6, 235. Also played baseball and some basketball in high school

Bort

Liked Posts:
Lawrence and Lance will be future HOFers out of this class. Everyone else will be an afterthought in a few years. Stay away from Jones. Way too much talent around him at Bama to make any kind of rational evaluation.

I learned from last time not to give too much credit to a QB for consistently throwing to wide open receivers from a clean pocket. That's why I overrated Peterman and Trubisky last time.

I think Lance actually has a bigger issue with talent disparity than Jones does. Lance is constantly throwing with no pressure to receivers with like 5 yards of separation. When doing my final evaluations, I'm going to be very careful not to give them too much credit for easy plays and focus on the plays where they're under pressure and/or forced to fit the ball into a tight window.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He will probably be a TE in the NFL like Logan Thomas. He's 6'6, 235. Also played baseball and some basketball in high school
My kids time at UF overlapped his and he was widely known as a douchey prima donna. He is not a fluid or fast runner( his projected 40 time is 4.8), so a requested transition to TE would be difficult and I don't think well received by him. I can't imagine him having much success.

He hit 94 on a radar gun after not pitching for 5 yrs. I think his best chance at professional success would be to pursue baseball.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I learned from last time not to give too much credit to a QB for consistently throwing to wide open receivers from a clean pocket. That's why I overrated Peterman and Trubisky last time.

I think Lance actually has a bigger issue with talent disparity than Jones does. Lance is constantly throwing with no pressure to receivers with like 5 yards of separation. When doing my final evaluations, I'm going to be very careful not to give them too much credit for easy plays and focus on the plays where they're under pressure and/or forced to fit the ball into a tight window.

Jones and Trask were also throwing with no pressure . In his last game, they applied a little pressured onTrask and he threw 3picks in the 1st qrt.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So let me get this straight...Mac Jones started one year, and wears number 10...is that right?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

At least Mitch showed arm talent and movement in college. Had some nice deep throws with weird arm angles. Guy just can't read and that's hard to tell from college. Seemed like he lost accuracy once they messed with his mechanics as well... at least until this year when he was a bit better again. Nobody questioned his arm coming out of college.
Jones and Trask were also throwing with no pressure . In his last game, they applied a little pressured onTrask and he threw 3picks in the 1st qrt.
Did you watch the game? Only the 3rd one came from pressure and getting his arm hit when throwing. First was just being blind with no pressure and the 2nd was a WR drop. I don't want him at 20 but it was just a bad day and little to do with pressure.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Total disagree on Jones. He has good feet. That's one of the things I like about him. He doesn't have that top end speed, but he's quick and nimble and moves well in the pocket.

I agree that Trask has limited arm strength, but he's not a noodle arm, and his accuracy is outstanding. Also, Trask is less mobile than Jones. They may have similar sprint speed, but Jones is quicker and more agile.

I agree that Fields tends to be one read and then tuck and run. He might be the one I end up souring on.

Lawrence has an unusual combination of size, athleticism, arm strength, and accuracy. There's a reason EVERYONE thinks he'll go #1 overall.

I haven't watched enough of Wilson to have any opinion yet.

fixed it

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I wasn't going to post about it until I was finished, but with all the QB trade rumors whirling, I just wanted to say that this QB class looks DEEP. So far Mac Jones and Kyle Trask look really, really, really good for guys that are supposed to be the 5th and 6th QBs taken (Kizer and Webb were the 4th and 5th QBs taken in 2017 and it's not even close, Jones and Trask look so much better on film).

Could be like 5 or 6 starters from this class.
So you think Pace should be prepared to trade up for one of these guys, yes?

I mean, how many QBs are taken in the 1st 19 selections depends on how many QBs look like starters. Bears might be very close to one of those "6 starting QBs", so don't be flatfooted about moving up.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Jones and Trask were also throwing with no pressure . In his last game, they applied a little pressured on Trask and he threw 3picks in the 1st qrt.

At least Mitch showed arm talent and movement in college. Had some nice deep throws with weird arm angles. Guy just can't read and that's hard to tell from college. Seemed like he lost accuracy once they messed with his mechanics as well... at least until this year when he was a bit better again. Nobody questioned his arm coming out of college.

Did you watch the game? Only the 3rd one came from pressure and getting his arm hit when throwing. First was just being blind with no pressure and the 2nd was a WR drop. I don't want him at 20 but it was just a bad day and little to do with pressure.

Study the LOS closely. Note I said "a little pressure ". I didn't see it as a 100 % clean pocket on the 3 picks. If u did, ok.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL, like he had only clean pockets for all his stats last year. One quarter exception proves the rule for you if it fits your personal biases. He had 43 TDs to 5 INTs before that quarter. That said, I'm not a Trask fan because I don't think he always makes the best choices.

Last edited:

Bort

Liked Posts:
So let me get this straight...Mac Jones started one year, and wears number 10...is that right?

He played quite a bit in 2019. He had this weird time share thing with Tua and then took over full time when Tua got hurt. I remember him playing really well in the bowl game against Michigan that year, but I haven't watched film on it yet.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Study the LOS closely. Note I said "a little pressure ". I didn't see it as a 100 % clean pocket on the 3 picks. If u did, ok.

The guy played two entire seasons against SEC defenses loaded with NFL talent. One bad game doesn't erase all of that.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He played quite a bit in 2019. He had this weird time share thing with Tua and then took over full time when Tua got hurt. I remember him playing really well in the bowl game against Michigan that year, but I haven't watched film on it yet.

He played late in blowouts and then took over when Tua went down.

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
Your kidding right? Lawrence is gonna be Ryan Leaf 2.0 look at the actual big games he plays. Nfl d coordinators are gonna eat this kid alive. Hes been coddled in the acc on the best team with the most talent. Wait and see what happens going against the best players in the world, with exotic coverages he has never seen. With a college coach thats gonna put him in harms way several times a game.

Callin it now. Lawrence busts.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Been a fan of Jones for awhile now. I’m obviously no scout, but after looking at all of his film breakdowns, I see an incredibly accurate thrower who delivers with excellent timing and accuracy. Feels pressure and moves within the pocket expertly.

If the theory is the talent around him made him look better than he really is, then I guess Lawrence and Fields will also bust. He also played in the toughest conference in the country and won a championship.

But no, let’s not keep drafting QBs early until one of them hits.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The guy played two entire seasons against SEC defenses loaded with NFL talent. One bad game doesn't erase all of that.

Some where some weren't. I'll take another look at his 2020 schedule. The conversation was about the bowl game. Not his whole college career.