This might be a ridiculously deep QB class

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Total disagree on Jones. He has good feet. That's one of the things I like about him. He doesn't have that top end speed, but he's quick and nimble and moves well in the pocket.

I agree that Trask has limited arm strength, but he's not a noodle arm, and his accuracy is outstanding. Also, Trask is less mobile than Jones. They may have similar sprint speed, but Jones is quicker and more agile.

I agree that Fields tends to be one read and then tuck and run. He might be the one I end up souring on.

Lawrence has an unusual combination of size, athleticism, arm strength, and accuracy. There's a reason most people think he'll go #1 overall.

I haven't watched enough of Wilson to have any opinion yet.
Trask has cinder blocks for feet. You can be slow and survive in the league as a QB but you can't be slow and have slow footwork from the pocket on top of it. he reminds me a lot of Christian Hackenberg in that aspect.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
To me the drop off by the time it gets to the Bears' current draft position says go OL in the first and QB in the second. Unless they trade their second for Wentz in which case draft a QB next year.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trask has cinder blocks for feet. You can be slow and survive in the league as a QB but you can't be slow and have slow footwork from the pocket on top of it. he reminds me a lot of Christian Hackenberg in that aspect.
I agree and think Jones a better value in 1 than Trask in 2.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Warming up to the idea of Jones. He's about the only QB the Bears have a shot at (maybe Lance if he falls) pending a big trade up and they still might have to trade up 5-8 spots to get him. Is he the best prospect? nah, but Bears have to start taking shots on QBs in the draft.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I would be fine with Jones, not with Trask.

The thing about this class is it's very top heavy. You might have more QBs drafted in the first round than in the last 6 combined, because past the top 4 (Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Lance), you've got a potential first rounder in Jones, probably a second or third rounder in Trask, and then Neumann and Mond. Past that I don't think there are any locks to get drafted. Book, Erlinger, White, Buechele, Franks, not sure any of them are drafted.

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
What motivation does Pace really have to draft a QB this year?

Bort

Liked Posts:
As Jones is now flying up mock draft boards, maybe it was just a case Jones being initially underrated rather than it being a super deep QB class.

I'm also becoming less impressed with Lance and Trask the more I watch, but I'll reserve final judgment until I watch all of the film.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
All I can tell you about quarterbacks is that I don't know shit. Seriously, I'm done setting my hopes up for one QB over another. Just give me a dude with an excellent work ethic and I'll root for him.