This Might Be The Best Draft...

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
This looks like the best draft the Bears have put together in a long time but there is still one glaring issue. Let’s start with why this is the best draft in years IMO.

In the first round Pace has generally gone with the super high upside players with little production, but this year he went with the high upside player with the production to match.

Roquan Smith is the real deal. I’ve watched every game he’s played at the collegiate level. He’s the high level athlete Pace covets but he’s also instinctive and productive. 137 tackles, 14 for loss, 20 QB hits and 6.5 sacks as the leader of arguably the best defense in college football last year. His closing speed and instincts are rare. His leadership is off the charts. The Bears got themselves a stud.

From what I’ve seen James Daniels seems like an ideal fit as an athletic guard to help form a dominant interior line.

Anthony Miller was my favourite WR in the draft off of two games watched live. The two games I saw he had 200+ and multi tds in each game. He showed crisp route running, the ability to go up and get it and YAC. When the game was on the line Memphis went to Miller, and he delivered.

Wims in the 7th is a solid pick. Georgia’s top WR in an offense that wasn’t exactly scary downfield.

I don’t know much about the other guys we drafted to be honest.

The biggest issue I see and I’m sure most agree is that edge rush is still a huge need. Aaron lynch is not the player you want starting opposite Floyd and Floyd hasn’t been able to stay healthy through 16.

You can’t hit every hole but I sure would have liked to see Josh Sweat over a special teams LB in the fourth.

Overall this is the best draft Pace has put together based on the first three guys he nabbed.

Pumped to see this draft class and FA group added to the Bears.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
This looks like the best draft the Bears have put together in a long time but there is still one glaring issue. Let’s start with why this is the best draft in years IMO.

In the first round Pace has generally gone with the super high upside players with little production, but this year he went with the high upside player with the production to match.

Roquan Smith is the real deal. I’ve watched every game he’s played at the collegiate level. He’s the high level athlete Pace covets but he’s also instinctive and productive. 137 tackles, 14 for loss, 20 QB hits and 6.5 sacks as the leader of arguably the best defense in college football last year. His closing speed and instincts are rare. His leadership is off the charts. The Bears got themselves a stud.

From what I’ve seen James Daniels seems like an ideal fit as an athletic guard to help form a dominant interior line.

Anthony Miller was my favourite WR in the draft off of two games watched live. The two games I saw he had 200+ and multi tds in each game. He showed crisp route running, the ability to go up and get it and YAC. When the game was on the line Memphis went to Miller, and he delivered.

Wims in the 7th is a solid pick. Georgia’s top WR in an offense that wasn’t exactly scary downfield.

I don’t know much about the other guys we drafted to be honest.

The biggest issue I see and I’m sure most agree is that edge rush is still a huge need. Aaron lynch is not the player you want starting opposite Floyd and Floyd hasn’t been able to stay healthy through 16.

You can’t hit every hole but I sure would have liked to see Josh Sweat over a special teams LB in the fourth.

Overall this is the best draft Pace has put together based on the first three guys he nabbed.

Pumped to see this draft class and FA group added to the Bears.

Ah, last years draft was better. But this year is very good too.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Round 1: Mitchell Trubisky (QB), North Carolina
Round 2: Adam Shaheen (TE), Ashland
Round 4: Eddie Jackson (S), Alabama
Round 4: Tarik Cohen (RB), North Carolina A&T
Round 5: Jordan Morgan (OL), Kutztown University

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
The moves I've seen look like it's clear they want to free Floyd up from his high number of pass coverages. So he can rush the passer more. Also the Bears vastly increased their ILB pass rush.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

This draft will never work. Too many small school guys and Trubisky is inexperienced.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
The moves I've seen look like it's clear they want to free Floyd up from his high number of pass coverages. So he can rush the passer more. Also the Bears vastly increased their ILB pass rush.

My hope exactly. Our only OLB pass rusher is in coverage way to much. If we free him up we can see him get the sacks we brought him here to get.

Svic

Liked Posts:
Hopefully they can figure something out regarding getting another pass rusher. But I agree. It’s the weak part of this team. While I get the 4th round choice because Trevathan gets hurt. But an edge rusher would have been nice

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I would say this whole offseason so far has been refreshing

Pace got his guy @hc while retaining a successful dc despite there being a market beyond the bears for naggy and Fangio services

His fa this year was night and day to the failures of his past. We weren’t spurned for other teams. We got top guys to buy into what is going on here. We didn’t lose our promising young talent-some will harp about Meredith I really didn’t care much for him and his vulture stats from Jeffrey

And the draft was pretty damn solid

So overall this whole offseason was tits. I think we will be a solid team this year and another solid offseason away from being a dominate franchise if all these pieces work out

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Great draft, the only wasted pick outta those to me is Adam Shaheen, But time will tell

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is the draft in the last decade that I am the most excited about.

The draft just makes sense, I think outside of the 4th round, they landed awesome values.

1. The draft was strong in the top 10 on defense and they did not reach for need, they took an elite defensive prospect.

2. The draft was strong in the 2nd round with interior OL and they saw the run happen and the stayed pat and landed a great scheme fit in Daniels and a dude who at 20 is strong enough to play in the NFL.

2. The draft was also loaded with 2nd round WR talent and they moved aggressively to get a great scheme fit and a player I love in Miller to complete the offensive overhaul. Why wait a year to draft a 2nd round WR? Get him in on the ground floor with Trubisky.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great draft, the only wasted pick outta those to me is Adam Shaheen, But time will tell

As odd as this is, he led the team in TD receptions last year. I think you will more out of him in a real offense.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Ah, last years draft was better. But this year is very good too.

Really liked last years as well but not a huge fan of the Shaheen pick. I also feel like this year the Bears got football players instead of projects/projections. The first three picks should have an impact from day 1.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Sweat or Oronkowo would have made it a perfect draft imo.

But you never really know, maybe those guys were numbskulls. We aren’t privy to the types of interviews that they go through.

Bears fans are crazy in love with Oronokwo. Analysts describe him as an NFL backup at best, and GM's passed him a zillion times. Quite the varying views.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
not wasted at all. Shaheen is going to be a top TE. Showed that last year when Fox actually let him play.

Just like Cohen. Criminally underused by a coach who hates playing rooks

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As odd as this is, he led the team in TD receptions last year. I think you will more out of him in a real offense.

The only thing that was odd to me was that Bilbo Loggains and Old Man Fox River didn't use Shaheen more in the red zone. He can't throw the ball to himself and certainly isn't going to get it thrown to him when he's not out there running routes. They developed him as a blocker far more than as the pass catching TE he was billed as being. The damn kid caught the vast majority of what little was thrown to him. I certainly can't fault him for not having a better rookie season.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
not wasted at all. Shaheen is going to be a top TE. Showed that last year when Fox actually let him play.

He was really starting to play well just before he was injured at Cincy.