This Might Be The Best Draft...

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
IMO, If there is an achilles heal to this offseason it was not addressing the RT position. I know a lot of people believe that an edge rusher should have been addressed early & I dont disagree with that, but I do think the Bears can scrape up 7-10 sacks, even if it's 7-10 sacks by committee from one side of the defensive formation.

On the other hand Massie is fucking terrible, & the Bears really dont have a replacement now, or even someone to develop now for when Massie is out the door. The Bears had two QBs injured in Massies first year trying to pass the ball & Massie was part of the problem. The only reason Massie wasn't as terrible last year was because of how often the Bears ran the ball & they didnt leave the door open for him to get the QB killed.

IMO, one way or another, RT should have been adressed

I agree it would have helped if we'd addressed the RT position at least with a better quality back up than Sowell. However Massie isn't terrible he's just not great. Basically he's an average to slightly above average RT in the NFL who is pretty good in the run game who comes at a respectable price.

Two problems for this roster the first of which can be solved short term: EDGE and OT. Houston and Galette solve the former. Nothing we can do now about RT.

Eric Reid would be the only other signing I'd like to make for now.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
This looks like the best draft the Bears have put together in a long time but there is still one glaring issue. Let’s start with why this is the best draft in years IMO.

In the first round Pace has generally gone with the super high upside players with little production, but this year he went with the high upside player with the production to match.

Roquan Smith is the real deal. I’ve watched every game he’s played at the collegiate level. He’s the high level athlete Pace covets but he’s also instinctive and productive. 137 tackles, 14 for loss, 20 QB hits and 6.5 sacks as the leader of arguably the best defense in college football last year. His closing speed and instincts are rare. His leadership is off the charts. The Bears got themselves a stud.

From what I’ve seen James Daniels seems like an ideal fit as an athletic guard to help form a dominant interior line.

Anthony Miller was my favourite WR in the draft off of two games watched live. The two games I saw he had 200+ and multi tds in each game. He showed crisp route running, the ability to go up and get it and YAC. When the game was on the line Memphis went to Miller, and he delivered.

Wims in the 7th is a solid pick. Georgia’s top WR in an offense that wasn’t exactly scary downfield.

I don’t know much about the other guys we drafted to be honest.

The biggest issue I see and I’m sure most agree is that edge rush is still a huge need. Aaron lynch is not the player you want starting opposite Floyd and Floyd hasn’t been able to stay healthy through 16.

You can’t hit every hole but I sure would have liked to see Josh Sweat over a special teams LB in the fourth.

Overall this is the best draft Pace has put together based on the first three guys he nabbed.

Pumped to see this draft class and FA group added to the Bears.

It was a really good draft with the potential to be a great one further down the road.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who's gonna be available as a cap casualty?

Got enough $$ to buy or rent an upgrade Tackle and proven EDGE on yet another prove-it deal (or front-loaded easy out deal) for a while...at least til next draft.

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This looks like the best draft the Bears have put together in a long time but there is still one glaring issue. Let’s start with why this is the best draft in years IMO.

In the first round Pace has generally gone with the super high upside players with little production, but this year he went with the high upside player with the production to match.

Roquan Smith is the real deal. I’ve watched every game he’s played at the collegiate level. He’s the high level athlete Pace covets but he’s also instinctive and productive. 137 tackles, 14 for loss, 20 QB hits and 6.5 sacks as the leader of arguably the best defense in college football last year. His closing speed and instincts are rare. His leadership is off the charts. The Bears got themselves a stud.

From what I’ve seen James Daniels seems like an ideal fit as an athletic guard to help form a dominant interior line.

Anthony Miller was my favourite WR in the draft off of two games watched live. The two games I saw he had 200+ and multi tds in each game. He showed crisp route running, the ability to go up and get it and YAC. When the game was on the line Memphis went to Miller, and he delivered.

Wims in the 7th is a solid pick. Georgia’s top WR in an offense that wasn’t exactly scary downfield.

I don’t know much about the other guys we drafted to be honest.

The biggest issue I see and I’m sure most agree is that edge rush is still a huge need. Aaron lynch is not the player you want starting opposite Floyd and Floyd hasn’t been able to stay healthy through 16.

You can’t hit every hole but I sure would have liked to see Josh Sweat over a special teams LB in the fourth.

Overall this is the best draft Pace has put together based on the first three guys he nabbed.

Pumped to see this draft class and FA group added to the Bears.

On some of those highlights, i especially liked how fast he was getting to the QB when he was blitzing. I'm hoping for that franchise LB on this one.