CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Both got 4 minute roughing penalties...lol

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I personallythink it is a change of scenery effect. If Buff can put those poins up year after year, then i might believe we made the wrong move

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where would we be without Sharpy? Dude will have 30+ goals possibly before February.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
im glad sharp was the guy we kept. sure buff had a nice run in the playoffs, but really was a no show the regular season.

yes he is doing well in ATL. but no one can predict shit like that.

However, isn't part of that caused by what line he was placed on? IIRC he was generally on the third line then, right? He seemed more of a better fit with Toews and Kane to me, which would have had to have resulted in a better point return.

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:
However, isn't part of that caused by what line he was placed on? IIRC he was generally on the third line then, right? He seemed more of a better fit with Toews and Kane to me, which would have had to have resulted in a better point return.

Atlanta is showing us that Q should have had him playing the blue line all along...

AddisonStation

Donator
Liked Posts:
im glad sharp was the guy we kept. sure buff had a nice run in the playoffs, but really was a no show the regular season.

yes he is doing well in ATL. but no one can predict shit like that.

Ya but at the same time who would have predicted sharp would be playing this well? Plus, I don't think buff was a no show last year. His points totals werent great but he still scored 17 and was a force. And like someone else mentioned he wasn't on a great scoring line.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was a supporter of Savvy's Buf to forward move and there were a shit ton of games where he was invisible, despite being a monster.

I also didn't care about 'em as much as others here. He had gas and brought it when it mattered.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Atlanta is showing us that Q should have had him playing the blue line all along...

Actually it was Savard that first put him at forward, and it wasn't a wrong decision to make either, at the time there was a glut of defensemen in the system, and not many forwards performing above a certain level.

The thing is, for my money the guy played both positions well enough anyways.

As to who could have predicted Sharp -- possibly that would be the past 3 seasons where he emerged from being a throw in -in a trade (iirc) Tallon made.

Last edited:

AddisonStation

Donator
Liked Posts:
I was a supporter of Savvy's Buf to forward move and there were a shit ton of games where he was invisible, despite being a monster.

I also didn't care about 'em as much as others here. He had gas and brought it when it mattered.

I liked the move too but now we're seeing what he can do as a defenseman... I wouldn't have expected he'd perform like he has but hot damn that'd be nice right now.

AddisonStation

Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually it was Savard that first put him at forward, and it wasn't a wrong decision to make either.

The thing is, for my money the guy played both positions well enough anyways.

As to who could have predicted Sharp -- possibly that would be the past 3 seasons where he emerged from being a throw in -in a trade (iirc) Tallon made.

I know it was Savard originally moving him to a forward. Q didn't have to keep him there.

When i say who could have predicted sharps play this year i meant carrying the team at times. We all know he can score but this is a better stretch than i can remember him playing.

Last edited:

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Maybe it would be nice maybe not -- the deal is about defensive depth -and I am not saying that he wouldn't be a top 4 guy -- but rather that as a top 4 guy, and not the go to guy, that he wouldn't have had the numbers here like he has there in Atlanta.

AddisonStation

Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe it would be nice maybe not -- the deal is about defensive depth -and I am not saying that he wouldn't be a top 4 guy -- but rather that as a top 4 guy, and not the go to guy, that he wouldn't have had the numbers here like he has there in Atlanta.

Thats a good point because his TIO would be way lower but it very impressive non the less.

AddisonStation

Donator
Liked Posts:
eager is not an upgrade.

but with that said. 22 games without a goal or whatever it is, stalberg kinda has been a disappointment.

Theres no doubt he's been disappointing but at least he has an upside. He may never end up being a huge contributer and maybe he will at some point but you know what Eager is going to give you. A lot of nothing with a side of stupid penalties.

Last edited: