Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bears O line sucks but montgomery is nothing special

In his 1st 2 seasons, Jones had a total of 753 yds at 3.3ypc so... Maybe Monty can get some juice this offseason and pull a Jones. That and a better OL.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know what to think about Monty. I cannot believe all the hoops we jumped thru to draft him. I think he's an above average receiver, but we only target him 3 or 4 times a game. I think he's a below average runner. Even considering the o-line, a good runner will break a big one eventually. He's only good for like 55 yards per game. To get a 100 yards this guy would almost have to rush 30 times...lol. He isn't better at rushing than the two guys he replaced - he's actually been a downgrade.

I know ppl are going to pile on the o-line, but just like with Mitch there are times when you can evaluate a player independent of the o-line especially with a large sample size.

I pointed out that Monty's 40 times are the same as the guy who he replaced and was told that he was hard to tackle and had more "wiggle." I knew the "wiggle" thing was bullshit, and being hard to tackle is only a plus in the NFL if you're Derrick Henry or The Bus or Craig Heyward - I knew a 215 to 220 guy breaking tackles at Iowa State wasn't going to do the same in the NFL.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He’s getting hit in the backfield way too much. When there have been discernible holes, he hits them and is tough to get on the ground. He doesn’t have anything close to breakaway speed but he would be more than efficient with even league average blocking. This isn’t that hard to see. Also, he has soft hands.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I don't know what to think about Monty. I cannot believe all the hoops we jumped thru to draft him. I think he's an above average receiver, but we only target him 3 or 4 times a game. I think he's a below average runner. Even considering the o-line, a good runner will break a big one eventually. He's only good for like 55 yards per game. To get a 100 yards this guy would almost have to rush 30 times...lol. He isn't better at rushing than the two guys he replaced - he's actually been a downgrade.

I know ppl are going to pile on the o-line, but just like with Mitch there are times when you can evaluate a player independent of the o-line especially with a large sample size.

I pointed out that Monty's 40 times are the same as the guy who he replaced and was told that he was hard to tackle and had more "wiggle." I knew the "wiggle" thing was bullshit, and being hard to tackle is only a plus in the NFL if you're Derrick Henry or The Bus or Craig Heyward - I knew a 215 to 220 guy breaking tackles at Iowa State wasn't going to do the same in the NFL.

There are no holes. He's a finesse/contact balance runner similar to leveon bell. If he doesn't see a hole, he will wait for one to develop. It doesn't with this line. By that time the linebackers are at the play already. Hard to break that.

He's got the 3rd lowest yardage before contact in the league. Hard to break a big run like that.

Trust me, the issue is the oline. Monty isn't special, but he's good enough if you put him behind a decent oline to get the job done.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He’s getting hit in the backfield way too much. When there have been discernible holes, he hits them and is tough to get on the ground. He doesn’t have anything close to breakaway speed but he would be more than efficient with even league average blocking. This isn’t that hard to see. Also, he has soft hands.

I wouldn't even know if he has breakaway speed or not. He hasn't hit the 2nd level yet on a run this year I don't think.
He's in better shape than last year, so should be faster. Don't matter if you're constantly being hit at the LOS every play.

Kinda like it don't matter having a homerun threat at WR if you can't block a defensive line for 3 seconds.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I wouldn't even know if he has breakaway speed or not. He hasn't hit the 2nd level yet on a run this year I don't think.
He's in better shape than last year, so should be faster. Don't matter if you're constantly being hit at the LOS every play.

Kinda like it don't matter having a homerun threat at WR if you can't block a defensive line for 3 seconds.

He had a couple of second level runs against the Giants. Since the Colts game, the line has regressed significantly. Some of it is quality of opponent and the Daniels injury but Leno has been a disaster all year.

I wonder if Bars truly is worse than Coward or if he’s hurt. I thought Bars settled in well after his initial snap against the Bucs.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:

He doesn't. He's been caught from behind a few times. He is like Marion Barber in that regard.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Regardless, its time for Miller to get carries

msadows

Liked Posts:
He doesn't. He's been caught from behind a few times. He is like Marion Barber in that regard.

This season? Because I can't really recall one time he even got to the 2nd level outside of that pass play that went for a TD.

He supposedly was stronger/faster coming into this season.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Don’t remind me about T. Jones....the perfectly acceptable starting RB the Bears had before they burned a 1st round pick on C. Benson.

TOO SOON.

The minivan was pulling away from a stop sign when the crash occurred and both vehicles caught fire, he said. The woman on the motorcycle died immediately. The man was conscious and alert when officers pulled him away but died moments later, Officer Johnson said.