Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gabriel is an asset but not really the deep threat he was expected to be. He's obviously not as fast in pads as shorts and when you're smaller, you need to create a additional separation with speed or shake to get more balls thrown at you. Running a 1/2 step in front of a taller defender on a deep ball doesn't give a throw window but fortunately it still moves the safeties. I didn't actually watch the coverages that game but when you've got a guy like Sherman, you can man on one side and zone on the other to take away deep balls or mix it up to keep em guessing.

casinnova

Liked Posts:
SiDQOs.gif

Oh my goodness... they committed 3 guys to block Mack and he was like NOPE and went inside while they just stood there with no one to block. How fucking hilarious. MACK BABY. His last second SURGE is incredible... a normal human would not have gotten his hand on the QBs arm. Same quickness he showed last week when sacking rodgers like a fucking PUMA.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
I thought they were great. They were giving the Bears 6-8 yards.

I was shocked the 49ers didn’t bail out of the 2 deep when Mitch was 16/17 between the 2nd and 3rd quarter.

Weird that they played deep so often. I guess the early deep completion to Robinson spooked them, because the Bears really haven't been good going deep this season and there's not much of a reason to respect it until they start hitting them more consistently.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yup and when you look at how we handled that, you only need one stat, an average of 8.5 yards per pass attempt. In terms of league leaders for the season, that would be 2nd and .2 yds behind Mahomes. Anyone not satisfied with that # just doesn't know the game or is just digging for dirt.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Weird that they played deep so often. I guess the early deep completion to Robinson spooked them, because the Bears really haven't been good going deep this season and there's not much of a reason to respect it until they start hitting them more consistently.

Their DC is from the Seahawks, who play a ton of Cover 3, it is what they do.

It was really a Fangio game plan. Fangio plays 2 deep, gives you little deep, unless it is a true sideline shot, and forces you to go underneath a ton.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Gabriel is an asset but not really the deep threat he was expected to be. He's obviously not as fast in pads as shorts and when you're smaller, you need to create a additional separation with speed or shake to get more balls thrown at you. Running a 1/2 step in front of a taller defender on a deep ball doesn't give a throw window but fortunately it still moves the safeties. I didn't actually watch the coverages that game but when you've got a guy like Sherman, you can man on one side and zone on the other to take away deep balls or mix it up to keep em guessing.

I think he can run, I just don’t think they are wanting to take the risk in these games they are winning of airing it out.

I am sure if they get in a shoot out we will see it a little more.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The 9ers defense looked like they did a good job, from a score perspective, but in reality they fucked their own offense.

An offense typically needs as many chances against the Bears D as possible. The 9ers D sold out against the deep stuff and it opened up Trubisky to pick apart the 9ers LBs and CB s on the short routes. Whilke this may seem like a smart game plan...Bears only had 14 points.

The 9ers offense had little time to operate. The bears had some decent, sustained drives that didn't always come back with points, but it simply took time away from the 9ers offense.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
This last game was all about the field conditions. It was going to be hard to get into a rhythrym in those type of conditions, where you are always slipping. Windy is right, it was almost like Fuller was taking a look at each step he was taking to make sure he did not slip and givve up the big play instead of being able to play aggressively. The 49ers field and Raiders field should not be played on.