Thoughts on Bears-Packers: Praise for Ryan Pace

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
take a look at the two point conversion, the left tackle is almost upright before the snap, no false start call.

Oh and on the play that Mack sacked Rodgers using his back, he's being held no flag. At least throw the fking flag and they will decline the call, but the call still should be made.

Yeah I. Itches a couple of no call false starts in GB.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Yeah I. Itches a couple of no call false starts in GB.

As far as teams getting calls, I must say, GB gets their fair share for sure. We get them too, but the plays that are critical, seem to be the ones missed most frequently for GB.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Great thread an OP. Thanks Rory.

mecha

Liked Posts:
had to go to sleep way later than usual today, so I'm a little late to the party lol. the fake punt at midfield on 4th & 2, I supported going for it, but not the way they did it. if Rodgers has shown anything historically, even now when he kinda sucks, he can just kind of march up the field at will. 4th and short, I'll take the chance on getting a first down, cause Rodgers will take it whether he's pinned inside his own 10 or midfield. no, they should've just tried a conventional play instead of a trick gimmick deal. though the safe move probably would have been to just punt and let the defense take care of business.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
The game was closer than I thought it would be. Even with all the injuries, the Packers are still a good team. Of course they were playing like they had to do everything to stay alive, but still they are a pretty decent team. I do not like them one bit, but they played us tough. It looked to me like they held our D line on every play. Rogers is hurt. I think it is his collar bone with the 13 screws and 1 plate in it. It is not just his knee. His demise has begun.

On the Packer message board, they are bitching and moaning how we are not very good and how they lost by just a few plays. No one even mentions that we gave them a touchdown gift on Coach Nagy's ill advised call. Packer nation is extremely disgusted with the entire team. Some are even calling for Rogers head. It is as if the Bears are not good and they should have beat us like any other year. Delusional.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
I see what you are saying. Nagy seems to want to make a name for himself. A lot of Coaches could coach this talented team. Bring back Trestman and give him another shot!!

From my view, Nagy is making a name for himself in just turning around the Bears. I do not think for a minute that calling a bone head play like that fake punt was for making his name known. He is already huge in the Bear nation. I just think he picked the wrong time and the wrong play. He was being aggressive, but it still was a bone head call. We need to be aggressive, but Nagy is a household word without the fake punt and other trick play calls. Just my opinion.