Thoughts on Bears-Vikings: Established Powerhouse

Monster

Liked Posts:
My expectations for this year have been far exceeded. If the growth and experience playing together in this system keep improving I think the sky’s the limit in 2019.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is interesting about NO and the Rams....

An article mentioned that most of the league is trying to outscore each other with offense and the Bears are trying prevent the other team from outscoring the offense....

No one except maybe KC can outscore New Orleans, but the Bears may have the formula to actually stop NOs offense....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
As far as the 2pt conversion goes I think Nagy may have decided that his offense can outscore, more often than not, the kicker on extra points....may just be math

The offense can convert 2 times out of 3 then they will get an extra point a game....

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

An article mentioned that most of the league is trying to outscore each other with offense and the Bears are trying prevent the other team from outscoring the offense....

No one except maybe KC can outscore New Orleans, but the Bears may have the formula to actually stop NOs offense....

A good point as not many teams are actually trying to win by playing defense. Chicago has a good amount of investment in the defense while the offense is still running on rookie contracts. Kind of reminds me of Seattle and the legion of Boom, except the Bears have invested in the front 7 with a very good but not dominant secondary.

I think KC is the best team in the league. It will be interesting to see them face off with the Rams tonight.

jc456

Liked Posts:
I’m curious how this defense stacks up against the power house offenses of the league.

In the event the bears play in the playoffs I don’t see anyway this offense can win a game that becomes a shoot out. The saints are something else right now....

first off, they need respect from the refs. Period. the pass interference calls on the Bears last night were horrible. Just flat out horrible. Having said that, the hand checking wasn't called finally.

The two plays in the endzone by both Prince and Fuller were outstanding plays. I will finally give Fuller his respect. he played his best game for me. Feet getting tangled up like what Happened to Smith over the middle, can't get called. That was a very bad call.

Oh, and another thing, the holds not getting called against the opposition Oline is staggering.

Finally, get rid of the zone coverage near the goal line. That tactic isn't working.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As far as the 2pt conversion goes I think Nagy may have decided that his offense can outscore, more often than not, the kicker on extra points....may just be math

The offense can convert 2 times out of 3 then they will get an extra point a game....

In press conference he said that he had some carryover plays from last week he wanted to try and felt confident in using those plays in that situation. He also,said he is aggressive.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last summer we were arguing about whether the Bears could finish above .500 and now we're getting ready to argue about how far they can go in the post-season. Worst to (probably) first makes it a good year in my book. In fact I'm already looking ahead to next year's argument about how they can progress from a post-season early exit to the top tier with no first round picks or cap space.

Last summer I was hoping for 6-7 wins...They definitely outperformed my hopes

jc456

Liked Posts:
Last summer I was hoping for 6-7 wins...They definitely outperformed my hopes

I didn't have them winning more than five. I am truly amazed. Mack is part of that swing though.

Nelly

Liked Posts:

I wouldn't put money on anyone stopping New Orleans' offense. Hold them to maybe 30 or so? Sure, but not stop them.

The Bears have pretty clearly established themselves as the best defense in the NFC though, if not the NFL, so we'd stand a tiny chance of hanging.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Problem is the secondary is simply not elite. Jackson is ascending but they can't stop when teams go no-huddle & start throwing quick passes. I was kind of amazed that Minnesota just didn't ditch the run altogether and keep throwing quick passes

I think people confuse "opponent going no huddle" and "Bears in 'Don't allow the big play' mode".

People say we couldn't stop the no huddle, when in fact that no huddle used 5 minutes to score a TD when there was 8:30 remaining when they got the ball. That is exactly what the D was designed to do. Obviously we'd like to prevent he TD, but forcing them to use the time is the design of the softer D that we went to because we were up two scores.

Minnesota did ditch the run. They ran the RB 13 times and 8 of those were on the first two drives. 11 were in the first half. They abandoned the run.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I did not think that Mitch's accuracy was an issue. I think he made a couple of idiotic decisions.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

All you have to do is complete 50% of 2pt conversions and you will outscore the FG kick

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think people confuse "opponent going no huddle" and "Bears in 'Don't allow the big play' mode".

People say we couldn't stop the no huddle, when in fact that no huddle used 5 minutes to score a TD when there was 8:30 remaining when they got the ball. That is exactly what the D was designed to do. Obviously we'd like to prevent he TD, but forcing them to use the time is the design of the softer D that we went to because we were up two scores.

Minnesota did ditch the run. They ran the RB 13 times and 8 of those were on the first two drives. 11 were in the first half. They abandoned the run.

I saw a few posts last night on some Minny message boards stating that the no huddle is the key to beating the Bears...I don't think they realized that our defensive mode at that point was allowing the no huddle to succeed..Maybe it was just wishful thinking on their part..At any rate, we shall see when the next Minny game comes around

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The only team that in my opinion we have no chance of winning is against NO in the super dome. Other than that, I think we can beat anybody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I did not think that Mitch's accuracy was an issue. I think he made a couple of idiotic decisions.

He almost chumped the TD pass but AntMill made a great adjustment and reception. Outside of Arob's "soft effort", I thought the Bears WRs did really well in making Trubisky look good on some inexact throws.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
It seems like when the Bears are up leading in the 4th quarter they go into a soft defense, but also, it seems like there are many questionable calls that the refs make to seemingly make it a closer/more interesting game. The Vikings game wasn't the first of that nature.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He almost chumped the TD pass but AntMill made a great adjustment and reception. Outside of Arob's "soft effort", I thought the Bears WRs did really well in making Trubisky look good on some inexact throws.

I thought that was a fine throw on the run 18 yards.

Gabriel bailed him out on one that was high and outside, but that is what good WRs do.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Also, so what was the deal with going for 2? Nagy seems to like to mix things up unexpectedly, like the no huddle offense against DET.