Thoughts on Bears-Vikings: Established Powerhouse

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Yeah, I hear you. I'd add that in your particular example, They did get a big plan out of Robinson when Harrison Smith did that "show and go" for a big pass (3rd down?) conversion. It was the one Robinson almost broke into the open after stumbling. They threw right in front of the deep Harrison Smith for the play.

IMO going control clock allowed the Vikings to dick around with Mitch's pre-snap reads making the timing of the snap far more predictable.

Let's assume the pre-snap misdirecting and shuffling is mentally exhausting for the offensive players and the coach feels like it's safer dialing that down a bit. I wouldn't have a problem with it except for it seems that when they dial it back, they can't get reliable production through more conventional means. I wish I could have Fox-era J. Howard in the 4th quarter but please don't burn me at the stake for it as I am not a disbeliever in Nagy overall.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
IMO going control clock allowed the Vikings to dick around with Mitch's pre-snap reads making the timing of the snap far more predictable.

Let's assume the pre-snap misdirecting and shuffling is mentally exhausting for the offensive players and the coach feels like it's safer dialing that down a bit. I wouldn't have a problem with it except for it seems that when they dial it back, they can't get reliable production through more conventional means. I wish I could have Fox-era J. Howard in the 4th quarter but please don't burn me at the stake for it as I am not a disbeliever in Nagy overall.

I felt going to Cohen in clock kill mode was a mistake.

Too many negative runs that are hard to overcome and force you to pass and then he also fumbled.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
True, but how much longer will Brees be playing? I feel like the powerhouse Saints are going to be short-lived.
I could see the Saints' defense getting exposed at some point, but Brees would have to be a very unusual pro athlete to even think of retirement after an MVP caliber season.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This Bears team feels like one of those early 90's Bears teams to me from the stand point that they might end up being a 10-6 or 11-5 team, get to host a playoff game, are a pretty darn good team, but aren't in the class of the Rams or Saints(49ers/Giants/ascending Cowboys)
What class are you calling 49ers, Giants, Cowboys?

Last edited: