Thoughts on Cameron Meredith

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How are you "not sure my point"? I just spelled it out for you.

Robinson has less receiving yards than Tyreke Hill...cool! So your point is that the Bears should have acquired Tyreke Hill instead of Allen Robinson? Hill still has fewer targets than TE Travis Kelce. Do you ever watch Bears or Chiefs games?

No my point is 285 yards going into yesterday is underperforming for a No 1 and this offense is not to blame.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There are expectations that he comes in and plays well, but as I have already stated this offense looks for mismatches, not forcing a ball to a guy because he makes a lot of money. That is shit that will hurt your offense.

Right now he has the second most TDs on the team receiving and is less than 20 yards behind the Bears leading receiver, and played in two less games.......halfway through the season....

Just maybe you may want to wait to see the big picture and understand that production, as Rory said, is not linear. 6 games was way too small a sample size to make any judgments....

No it isn't. You guys again hyping Trubs 19 TDs so no it isn't too early. I can judge and then revise that judgement as more data comes in.

Maybe if I cared about being right or wrong I would wait until all the data is in but I have no problem adjusting my opinion if the data changes.

Just like ya'll happy about what the data says about Trubs after 9 games.

oping00@gmail.com

Liked Posts:
Pace was right on this one not to sign Cam.
In other news Saints signed brandon marshall to replace dez.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
No it isn't. You guys again hyping Trubs 19 TDs so no it isn't too early. I can judge and then revise that judgement as more data comes in.

Maybe if I cared about being right or wrong I would wait until all the data is in but I have no problem adjusting my opinion if the data changes the reality.

Trubisky gets the ball on almost every play.....AR is one receiver out of several on a team that doesn't force the ball to one or two guys.....there is a difference.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trubisky gets the ball on almost every play.....AR is one receiver out of several on a team that doesn't force the ball to one or two guys.....there is a difference.

Lol how convenient. Except of course when the small sample stats were not in Trubs favor, ya'll would say it is too early.

Let's be honest here. Whether small samples are useful to look at is dependent on whether it fits the narrative people want to sell.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Lol how convenient. Except of course when the small sample stats were not in Trubs favor, ya'll would say it is too early.

Let's be honest here. Whether small samples are useful to look at is dependent on whether it fits the narrative people want to sell.

What narrative are you trying to sell...ARob ROI isn't as good as Cam Meredith's?

I'm not trying to sell a 'narrative', because its too early to have a 'narrative'. I am just telling you what I see when I watch the Bears. I don't think Robinson is "underperforming" (your terminology).

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

6 games on a guy that is part of the offense is too small. While I have continued to say that I want to see the entire year to make a judgement on Trubisky and 3 full years to give a final judment, Trubisky gets the ball significantly more than Robinson on a per play basis and I can make a judgment on the trend. I have not made my final call on Trubisky. And I certainly am not making a judgment on Robinson and I not enough info to even judge a trend...........

But on a per games played basis, he has more TDs and Yards than any other receiver on the team.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What narrative are you trying to sell...ARob ROI isn't as good as Cam Meredith's?

I'm not trying to sell a 'narrative', because its too early to have a 'narrative'. I am just telling you what I see when I watch the Bears. I don't think Robinson is "underperforming" (your terminology).

That Arob's numbers were disappointing because from my perspective they were.

6 games on a guy that is part of the offense is too small. While I have continued to say that I want to see the entire year to make a judgement on Trubisky and 3 full years to give a final judment, Trubisky gets the ball significantly more than Robinson on a per play basis and I can make a judgment on the trend. I have not made my final call on Trubisky. And I certainly am not making a judgment on Robinson and I not enough info to even judge a trend...........

But on a per games played basis, he has more TDs and Yards than any other receiver on the team.

And I can do the same for Arob and revise as more data comes in which I did. So not sure the point. Just because you want to wait doesn't mean I have to. As long as I accept that the trend or data can change as more games are played then there is no issue.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
And I can do the same for Arob and revise as more data comes in which I did. So not sure the point. Just because you want to wait doesn't mean I have to. As long as I accept that the trend or data can change as more games are played then there is no issue.

But I think making any judgment on Arob at this point is meaningless. Hence the discussion. I believe it was you who brought up Robinson when people were making the call that Pace made the right call on Cam. The difference between the two is that the Saints had him for a two year contract and the thread didn't start until The Saints were moving to sign another receiver....Bears weren't looking to replace Arob.

No one mentioned Arob in this thread until you did. The premise of this thread was that Pace was right to not sign Cam. And he was. Cam is on a two year deal which leaves little time to let his contract play out, especially when the Saints decided to pick up Dez.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But I think making any judgment on Arob at this point is meaningless. Hence the discussion. I believe it was you who brought up Robinson when people were making the call that Pace made the right call on Cam. The difference between the two is that the Saints had him for a two year contract and the thread didn't start until The Saints were moving to sign another receiver....Bears weren't looking to replace Arob.

No one mentioned Arob in this thread until you did. The premise of this thread was that Pace was right to not sign Cam. And he was. Cam is on a two year deal which leaves little time to let his contract play out, especially when the Saints decided to pick up Dez.

ARob's contract is essentially a 2 year 28 million contract.

Umm one can comment about how someone played in a game or 6 games. Not meaningless at all. If ARob put up 7 100 yard games we could certainly comment on that so no reason we can't comment on how he performed over 6 games.

This idea if a guy had 5 targets and had 1 catch and 4 yards, I can't say he sucked that game is absurd. Particularly when again that is tempered by the recognition that things can change with more data. Evaluations can be fluid.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
ARob's contract is essentially a 2 year 28 million contract.

Umm one can comment about how someone played in a game or 6 games. Not meaningless at all. If ARob put up 7 100 yard games we could certainly comment on that so no reason we can't comment on how he performed over 6 games.

This idea if a guy had 5 targets and had 1 catch and 4 yards, I can't say he sucked that game is absurd.

sure you can make a judgment about 1 game...that is fine....but to bring up Arob in comparison to Cam after 6 games and talk about contract value is a bit absurd..there is an out after 2 years but it is still a 3 year contract and 6 games is too early to make a judgment....

We were judging Cam because the Saints brought in another receiver, and not specifically the stats.......that was the point of the post.....At the time, before Cam went on IR, it seemed like the Saints were throwing in the towel. The thread wasn't started based on his stats....

No one is replacing Arob on the Bears....

You brought up Arob.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
sure you can make a judgment about 1 game...that is fine....but to bring up Arob in comparison to Cam after 6 games and talk about contract value is a bit absurd..there is an out after 2 years but it is still a 3 year contract and 6 games is too early to make a judgment....

We were judging Cam because the Saints brought in another receiver, and not specifically the stats.......that was the point of the post.....At the time, before Cam went on IR, it seemed like the Saints were throwing in the towel. The thread wasn't started based on his stats....

No one is replacing Arob on the Bears....

You brought up Arob.

It would be absurd if I didn't acknowledge he has time to turn it around which I said repeatedly.

If I sign an employee to a big contract and he starts off struggling, I don't wait until the contract is over to say you really blew it. I evaluate his performance as I go and if he is struggling then I let him know he has to improve. That is real time feedback and it is subject to change.

ARob was not living up to his contract. If he blows up the last half of the season then my evaluation will simply change but I will continue to evaluate real time.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would be absurd if I didn't acknowledge he has time to turn it around which I said repeatedly.

If I sign an employee to a big contract and he starts off struggling, I don't wait until the contract is over to say you really blew it. I evaluate his performance as I go and if he is struggling then I let him know he has to improve. That is real time feedback and it is subject to change.

ARob was not living up to his contract. If he blows up the last half of the season then my evaluation will simply change but I will continue to evaluate real time.

Could be worse. Could have paid Allen Robinson. Oh wait!

6 games, 25 receptions, 285 yards, 2 TDs, 25 million guaranteed

6 games, 9 receptions, 114 yards, 1 TDs, 5.4 million guaranteed

that was your first post about it...

The crux of the initial post is that the Saints were going to get Dez....hinting that Cam may be done....that is why people were calling Pace correct....you wanted to post contract values....that was your argument....

Turns out Pace was correct....and so were the Bears doctors......you started the production to contract talk...

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I think we'll see Allen Robinson finish with really nice numbers. He has 31/418/4 through 7 games. With 7 more games remaining and with Mitch getting more comfortable with him I think it's fair to say we'll see closer to the full extent of what Robinson can do.

I think 40/500/4 over the next 7 is realistic, and that would put him at 71/918/8. Traditionally I guess people see the #1 as someone who can consistently put up I guess 80+/1000+/5+ or something. So I would say in an offense that spreads the ball around finishing up with those projected numbers would prove that he's a true #1 and a superior red zone weapon.

We'll see if he hits those marks but I just hope he stays healthy, because the offense is clearly better when he is.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
that was your first post about it...

The crux of the initial post is that the Saints were going to get Dez....hinting that Cam may be done....that is why people were calling Pace correct....you wanted to post contract values....that was your argument....

Turns out Pace was correct....and so were the Bears doctors......you started the production to contract talk...

Not sure your point. I am aware I brought up ARob and contract values. And? What do you think this proves?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure your point. I am aware I brought up ARob and contract values. And? What do you think this proves?

You brought up the contract values for some phantom productivity argument you wanted to make to counter the argument of why the Saints were bringing on another receiver, then completely give yourself an out of the argument......what was even the point of bringing it up then?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You brought up the contract values for some phantom productivity argument you wanted to make to counter the argument of why the Saints were bringing on another receiver, then completely give yourself an out of the argument......what was even the point of bringing it up then?

I brought it up to get the emo fans worked up and 6 pages later, I would say mission accomplished.