Thoughts on Cameron Meredith

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
My statement wasn't intended to lay out the chronology. I was saying he was playing thru it so unlikely to be a re-tear of the ACL as they said it was swelling. They obviously went out and got Dez as a result of the injury. See link above of Payton's comments. I don't know if it was something that would force him to go on IR if Dez were not available or whether he could have continued fighting thru it if Dez was not available.

You’re right but you’re also so wrong at the same time about so many things but I won’t bother.

I will say that if you are on a team that could potentially use you for a playoff push and potential Super Bowl run why in the world would you get a surgery? I don’t care if dez bryant was just signed if i think I’m and NFL caliber player there’s no way I sit this out for an optional surgery.

I don’t really have any clue what we are arguing about but I’m trying to tell you that without a shadow of a doubt the scope he may or may not need and the increased swelling that continues to happen is undoubtedly from his surgery for his ACL, and for his rehab from that injury.

So what I’m saying is all the nonsense spewed from the other cam Meredith thread, though proven to be wrong back then, we are now seeing why the bears docs were right. We are also seeing what I was trying to explain about why Allen Robinson was sitting out routes due to the time frame of his injury.

It was stated Meredith was ahead of schedule and I was a moron for doubting that without evaluating his knee! Turns out he ain’t so far ahead of schedule and now he needs another surgery to clean up his first one. That’s not normal btw.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I said could be worse, could have paid Allen Robinson.

Again, i don't know what your point is with this. What specifically could be worse? What do you mean with "could have paid Allen Robinson"?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You’re right but you’re also so wrong at the same time about so many things but I won’t bother.

I will say that if you are on a team that could potentially use you for a playoff push and potential Super Bowl run why in the world would you get a surgery? I don’t care if dez bryant was just signed if i think I’m and NFL caliber player there’s no way I sit this out for an optional surgery.

I don’t really have any clue what we are arguing about but I’m trying to tell you that without a shadow of a doubt the scope he may or may not need and the increased swelling that continues to happen is undoubtedly from his surgery for his ACL, and for his rehab from that injury.

So what I’m saying is all the nonsense spewed from the other cam Meredith thread, though proven to be wrong back then, we are now seeing why the bears docs were right. We are also seeing what I was trying to explain about why Allen Robinson was sitting out routes due to the time frame of his injury.

It was stated Meredith was ahead of schedule and I was a moron for doubting that without evaluating his knee! Turns out he ain’t so far ahead of schedule and now he needs another surgery to clean up his first one. That’s not normal btw.

You have no idea what is causing the swelling and whether it would have happened regardless of whatever you think Meredith was doing. Shit happens. One can be ahead of schedule and then suffer a setback. Doesn't mean they weren't ahead of schedule nor does it mean their routine is the reason they now have a setback. So you are inferring causation for no other reason than it suits your narrative. We don't know the reasons for the swelling.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Again, i don't know what your point is with this. What specifically could be worse? What do you mean with "could have paid Allen Robinson"?

I said "Oh wait" after making the comment hence the tongue in cheek element. The point was we paid Allen a lot of money for production that is not worth that money thus far. Think that is pretty obvious from the comment.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I said "Oh wait" after making the comment hence the tongue in cheek element. The point was we paid Allen a lot of money for production that is not worth that money thus far. Think that is pretty obvious from the comment.

Even at this point, I'm happy the Bears signed Robinson. Since I still don't understand your point, and you still can't explain it, I'll also say the Bears are better off paying more money for Robinson than less money for Meredith. I'm not sure the Bears would be 5-3 right now if they kept Meredith and didn't sign Robinson. The offense would look completely different, IMO.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Even at this point, I'm happy the Bears signed Robinson. Since I still don't understand your point, and you still can't explain it, I'll also say the Bears are better off paying more money for Robinson than less money for Meredith. I'm not sure the Bears would be 5-3 right now if they kept Meredith and didn't sign Robinson. The offense would look completely different, IMO.

And I disagree. I think he has underperformed and the offense has not looked completely different without him. Never suggested we keep Meredith and not sign Robinson.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Where in the above does it say we should keep Meredith? I was commenting on the fact that both have been disappointing in their own way. I already said I agreed with taking a chance on Robinson but he has not delivered thus far.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Where in the above does it say we should keep Meredith? I was commenting on the fact that both have been disappointing in their own way. I already said I agreed with taking a chance on Robinson but he has not delivered thus far.

"Could be worse"...no?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Here is the unseen, non stat, impact of Robinson

Seattle-Shaq Griffen
Arizona-Pat Peterson
TB-Brent Grimes
Miami-Xavien Howard
New England-Stephone Gilmore

The opposing teams best CB has followed him in almost every game that the Bears have played. That means that other guys are drawing, and in many cases succeeding against worse coverage players.

He is the Mack of the offense right now. He draws the attention.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Seattle-Shaq Griffen
Arizona-Pat Peterson
TB-Brent Grimes
Miami-Xavien Howard

The opposing teams best CB has followed him in almost every game that the Bears have played. That means that other guys are drawing, and in many cases succeeding against worse coverage players.

If Slay goes on Sunday he'll shadow Robinson too.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Seattle-Shaq Griffen
Arizona-Pat Peterson
TB-Brent Grimes
Miami-Xavien Howard

Not entirely correct. Against the Seahawks, ARob got 7 targets when Griffin was on him but other receivers were also targeted 3 times with Griffin on them. In addition, ARob was targeted 7 other times when people other than Griffin were on him.

Against, the Cards, it is even more pronounced as there were 7 targets on Peterson. Miller was 2 for 2, Robinson was 0 for 1, Burton was 0 for 1 and Gabriel was 2 for 3. Robinson got 6 other targets when others were on him.

Brent Grimes only had two targets and were to Cohen and Gabriel. Arob got 4 targets with others on him.

Xavien Howard - 1 target to Gabriel and 2 to Robinson. 4 other targets when others were on him.

Gilmore - 5 targets to ARon and 1 to Gabriel. 1 other target when others were on him.

So no idea where you get that teams shadow Robinson. The stats suggest they do not and ARob has made most of his yards when not being covered by the other teams No 1 CB. The evidence is that teams don't bother shadowing ARob. The CB on whatever slide he lines up on simply covers him.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
"Could be worse"...no?

Umm that doesn't mean sign Meredith. That was a tongue in cheek way of saying paying a guy 25 million guaranteed to be a decoy is not the best return on investment.

The dude has performed as a mediocre receiving threat.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Umm that doesn't mean sign Meredith. That was a tongue in cheek way of saying paying a guy 25 million guaranteed to be a decoy is not the best return on investment.

The dude has performed as a mediocre receiving threat.

:alborland:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bump for the vortex

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Glad Robinson has played well today. Hope he keeps it up for rest of year.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Don't think we would need him. Man that feels good to say.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is just funny that Robinson's biggest game was the week after this discussion. The NFL works in mysterious ways.

Robinson was sensational yesterday. The adjustment to the back shoulder throw in the endzone. The seam route that he caught over the nickle and infront of the CB was awesome, and it seemed like his wheels were back.

Offense looks different with him.