Time to admit it; Mitch is god awful

msadows

Liked Posts:
Been watching a lot of gamepass since I've been under quarantine.

The guy is just.....lol. Just rewatched the Eagles game which was one of his worst and this play made me cry:

jaP85St.png

Nagy legit runs 5 wide and has them all either curl at 5-10 yards or run a simple in, all the dudes are technically open, Miller is by far the safest choice and mitch is staring the fucker down. What does he do with a clean pocket? Well, lets move up past leno and get sacked. The fuck.

After watching like 10 weeks of tape now from the all 22 I can say mitch is worse than blake bortles.

I'm finally on the bandwagon boys. Time to burn my Jersey

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There was nothing redeeming about his play last year. His arm or ability to throw left are not the issues.
Branes and composure in the pocket were abysmal.

msadows

Liked Posts:
There was nothing redeeming about his play last year.

Its sad because he reads the field and sees the open guy sometimes then just decides "huh, well, IDK maybe I shouldnt throw that". That or he holds onto the ball too long and throws it late. That shit happens a ton.

How the fuck you an nfl qb and don't trust your arm at all? It's like the dude is going out there not to make a mistake instead of trying to make a play.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I believe some of us including Bearmick had him pegged correctly all along. Better late than never I guess.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I believe some of us including Bearmick had him pegged correctly all along. Better late than never I guess.

My issue with bearmick wasn't that he was wrong, its how quickly he called him out. I think at the point mick pointed to him as a bust mitch hadn't even played 10 games?

Mitch has more than enough tape now to suggest he's getting worse and not better.

Reactions: DC

msadows

Liked Posts:
Calm down guys ....he has a SB MVP as a mentor now. In another 2-3 years he should be serviceable. Give the guy time to learn.....geeezz

I know you're joking but who knows, maybe. Most of his problems are mental. When he feels comfortable and confident the guy whips it. When he makes a couple bad throws to start the game off the guy crumbles like a little beta bitch. Seriously starts seeing ghosts in the backfield and preemptively leaves the pocket, his mechanics go to shit, he starts focusing on arob.

I've pretty much lost all hope on the guy tho after watching the majority of the season on coaches tape. I can only imagine what Nagy sees.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

The guy is just.....lol. Just rewatched the Eagles game which was one of his worst and this play made me cry:

jaP85St.png

Nagy legit runs 5 wide and has them all either curl at 5-10 yards or run a simple in, all the dudes are technically open, Miller is by far the safest choice and mitch is staring the fucker down. What does he do with a clean pocket? Well, lets move up past leno and get sacked. The fuck.

After watching like 10 weeks of tape now from the all 22 I can say mitch is worse than blake bortles.

im surprised it took you this long, i jumped ship by game 3 of last year

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Yeah we paid 4th round pick and 20 million for a mentor for Mitchell right?

Lol

It's Foles or bust this year, all the coaching additions plus him scream Mitch to the bench.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
The best comparison I have heard is Rich Gannon, a guy that had the physical tools just didn't put the mental side together until later in his career.

I haven't lost all hope, just 80% of it.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yeah we paid 4th round pick and 20 million for a mentor for Mitchell right?

Lol

It's Foles or bust this year, all the coaching additions plus him scream Mitch to the bench.

No, we paid him to be an emergency plan, and yes, a mentor. Foles is a team first guy, he's not like the qb's up north in cheese country.

I very much doubt pace has given up on mitch, so it's his job to lose. I expect the hook to be pretty quick tho (4-5 games).

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
The best comparison I have heard is Rich Gannon, a guy that had the physical tools just didn't put the mental side together until later in his career.

I haven't lost all hope, just 80% of it.

I feel like Rich Gannon is the de facto comparison for every Bears QB who has been a long term disappointment

msadows

Liked Posts:
How'd you go from Mopeds biggest fan to realization over night? Did you finally watch him play?

I've been down on trubisky since the saints game last year. After his 5th game.

I still believed you could salvage him with a better run game/oline. I still think you can, but I don't think there is any chance the guy can be the answer going forward.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

IIRC, the CCS Film Review determined that this was not Mitch's fault because having too many wide open receivers is bad play design.

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:

jaP85St.png

I'm not going down your path until I get to see what he does or doesn't do this yr (If there is a this yr). With all the turn over on offense,maybe there will be a much better Mitch then everyone saw last yr.
Until we get to see if Nagy came back down to earth from his drunken high from last yr, we really don't know what the kid is capable or uncapable of!
Maybe we should get to see what you were last yr vs this yr???????

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I believe right after the game someone broke down this very same play on this board.

It’s easy to be a Monday morning QB but this guy is an NFL QB getting paid millions and can’t read a simple curl pattern?!?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
No, we paid him to be an emergency plan, and yes, a mentor. Foles is a team first guy, he's not like the qb's up north in cheese country.

I very much doubt pace has given up on mitch, so it's his job to lose. I expect the hook to be pretty quick tho (4-5 games).
4-5 games? 1-2 like last year max...