Time to admit it; Mitch is god awful

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I said just bad enough to miss the trigger. Read what I said to MS. if the trigger was 4k and 30 TDs then yes I would rather 3.9k passing and 30 TDs for example. He just barely misses the trigger but it means jack shit in terms of wins or losses. Hence why I said he still has a great season and we make the playoffs even if he just barely misses trigger.

But you are free to disagree. No biggie.

I do disagree as long as you are aware that I need not re-read or process any more than I already have. I got what you were saying. You were very clear. I disagree because I have seen enough games where 3 yards passing on a 3rd and 5 where 6 yards passing gets a first down with a lead late in the 4th can - and does - affect the W-L. 100 key yards can matter but also 100 yards here or there may not amount to much in terms of W-L as well. So in the end, I would not root for "bad enough"; I would root for taking everything that he can get and not worry about incentives or money.

Again, disagreeing fine, but fully aware of your position when I do so.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Well, I'm all broken up about the "hard" time I gave you. Everyone is all up in arms about one guy like this some sort of newsflash....it's been going on for years. It's nothing new.

But hey, don't let me stop the water works....maybe there can be 100 more threads about him. Then you can start a new one on why Foles sucks....because you know he will. He's now in the Bears QB Fraternity.

Your reply here is utterly baffling to me. Like you want to address some posters here that are under your skin but instead of taking one or two of them head-on with what you feel is a wrong way of looking at QBs like Mitch and Foles you are lashing out in all directions. If you focus your energy on what one poster says and work on replying to it, you might be able to see the forest for the trees.

You might remind yourself in the process that Mitch was unlike any other QB in history as he was a top 5 draft pick by Chicago. Maybe your neurons would fire clearly and you would see that fan expectations for him to pick up the game and play at a high level were unlike any other QB in Bears history.

Now before you say "They shouldn't have been expecting more because owners suck!" etc …. remember not all fans believe Halas Hall is doomed with a phantom curse that affects every QB walking in like they got pricked with a shadow-blade from Mordor or something.

If you would like to talk more about why and how I agree that the owners suck, Pace sucks, and how I do not agree that Mitch should have been expected to suck and how I do not agree that fans should temper their hopes for QB play, I would be happy to.

But please refrain from irrationally casting those who don't agree as "turning on waterworks" and implying that they are "posting wrong".

If you really feel that way, step up, champ. Post more. Start a few of the "gazillion threads" you feel should be about the McCaskeys. You will quickly see how much agreement you have even among those most disappointed by Mitch (gasp!)

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What I'm not all about is pretending that this team is a career backup QB away from winning a Super Bowl.

To be fair, I believe no one is unironically claiming this. They do claim we are now playoff material.

And from 8-8 with Mitch playing 14 and Chase playing 2, that doesn't seem so unreasonable.

If Foles can play top 15 and defense is more consistent in pressuring and attacking, we could be in the conversation as one of the better playoff teams. Now comes the question if the OL, RBs and TEs can hold their end of it, if Nagy won't be stupid in big moments etc so that any QB can play top 15 level with what we have right now. A very fair question / concern indeed.

I happen to believe it's possible but unlikely.

Last edited:

mecha

Liked Posts:
ok I'm back. when I say the team culture is garbage, Ted Phillips is a bean counter. Ted Phillips hires basically yes men General Managers. yes man General Manager merely goes along with the status quo. yes man GM will just acquire quarterbacks over time, of which the Chicago Bears have had like 60 since Brett Favre came to the Packers (estimated). as long as they make moves, it appears they're doing their job. the Chicago Bears are the kind of team that tells yes man GM to not hire the coaches that they want, that's how you wind up with a bunch of suck hards and interrim-ish guys (John Fox) or edgy out of the box selections like Trestman or Nagy. yes man GM is placed in extraordinary situations like having to rebuild a team that was shafted by the previous 2 GMs over the course of a few years.

oh, I forgot, yes man GM and whoever the head coach is have to be first timers at what they do (I get Jerry Angelo is a recent exception). getting established guys is against the rules for the Chicago Bears, unless of course it's burned out John Fox who has the impossible task of coaching a team that's virtually non-existent. barren of any talent or composed of basically temp players on 1 year prove it deals that aren't part of any long-term plan. the point is when they make these hires and they fuck up the Chicago Bears franchise can shrug their shoulders then and say they didn't know what they were getting, or something along those lines.

the Chicago Bears are in a perpetual holding pattern of mediocrity due to a) the front office b) the coaching or c) the talent (either they suck balls out the gate or they're over the hill)

Mitch Trubisky was forced into his role undercooked because the hot shot giraffe asshole that never accomplished anything proved that he can't even do a fake handoff to a runningback properly among his other shortcomings. I was not excited about the giraffe signing. if the Chicago Bears were to play anyone in 2017 it should've fucking been Mark Sanchez, he at least went to conference titles early in his career with the fucking New York Jets. not that I would've expected the John Fox administration to magically make Mitch Trubisky into a contender against his contemporaries Deshaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes, because the John Fox hire was made strictly in the mold of "LOL WE GET OFF THE BUS RUNNING AND PLAY DEFENSE VERY WELL" ... today with first timer Matt Nagy at the helm we have a team that can't convert a 3rd & 1 with a run play and a defense that was physically worn out by the ineptitude of the offense (probably due to being unable to run, and the starting tight end complaining of vaginal cramps) and was chronically injured last season.

I have nothing to be excited for with the Chicago Bears anymore. firing people won't change the outcome, in case you haven't noticed the last 4 coaching staffs. letting Trubisky walk won't fix the quarterback problem. this is what I mean when I say the ownership have constructed a losing culture with this team. if they beat the Packers once every 5 years that's considered a victory. that kind of shit.

that's all. have fun with your discussion paddling in opposite directions and going nowhere.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm all for saying that Trubisky is not good, or that Trubisky is bad. What I'm not all about is pretending that this team is a career backup QB away from winning a Super Bowl.

I'm on-board the Foles train, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that he balls out in Chicago. But the draft needs to upgrade this OL badly. RG and a LT imo. We need a WR. We probably need another RB.

People need to be held accountable for Trubisky not being the guy. People need to be held accountable if this doesn't work out with Foles, too.

Nobody has claimed Foles is getting us to the SB. We are talking about making the playoffs again with the defense and being competent on offense.

I already know some ppl will be screaming "I told you Foles sucks" when we don't win the SB. But all we are saying is he can execute the offense better than Mitch and get enough points on the board to win more games.

No one is saying we'll be the greatest show on turf.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nobody has claimed Foles is getting us to the SB. We are talking about making the playoffs again with the defense and being competent on offense.

I already know some ppl will be screaming "I told you Foles sucks" when we don't win the SB. But all we are saying is he can execute the offense better than Mitch and get enough points on the board to win more games.

No one is saying we'll be the greatest show on turf.

I want the Bears to be a dangerous team that can beat anyone. Not just a team that sneaks into the playoffs and gets pooped on.

I guess Foles could be good enough. I mean, he is a Super Bowl MVP. But we need Nagy and Pace to be good enough, too. I have less confidence in them than I do in Foles.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I do disagree as long as you are aware that I need not re-read or process any more than I already have. I got what you were saying. You were very clear. I disagree because I have seen enough games where 3 yards passing on a 3rd and 5 where 6 yards passing gets a first down with a lead late in the 4th can - and does - affect the W-L. 100 key yards can matter but also 100 yards here or there may not amount to much in terms of W-L as well. So in the end, I would not root for "bad enough"; I would root for taking everything that he can get and not worry about incentives or money.

Again, disagreeing fine, but fully aware of your position when I do so.

You are arguing a completely different point.

Yeah but the question is what triggers it. We may basically need him to be just bad enough to miss the trigger with the assumption that the triggers are high enough where just missing them still results in a great season and the playoffs.

So you didn't get what I was saying because you are altering Wins and Losses when I was basically saying if it doesn't affect the team, I would prefer he just barely miss the trigger. The scenario is basically.

1. 12-4 and Foles hits trigger, opts out and now wants 30 million a year or more.
2. 12-4 and Foles just barely misses trigger and is locked in at 20 million.

I vote Option 2.

Last edited:

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I've said this before. Mitch has gotten really good at looking off the open receiver.

Not looking off the safety, but his own offensive player.

Sort of sad. It's like he's looking to a specific spot because he's supposed to, not because he's actually thinking of throwing there. It's all so he can quickly look to another spot, half-assed set his feet and let it rip.

If you've watched enough film this will make sense. It's as if he's being taught how to look like a QB as opposed to going through progression. I'm not sure if that's just a dumbed down approach or if that's just the exact way Nagy wants it.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Hey, Kurt Warner started his pro career at age 28. Sometimes maturity helps.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
jock itch mitch will be playing in preseason games this year.

Now that mitch knows the job is not handed to him. Can he step his game up cause he WANTS IT?? or will he just cave in?

Mitch has never been used to competition and he was more then willing to hold a clipboard at UNC.

Remember what guys like Aaron Rodgers response was when he heard rumors the Packers are going to draft a QB, "they can bring anyone in but they won't take my job..." What will Mitch's response be????