Told you all Pace was incompetent years ago

Ditka19861

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fascinating to see who their "guy" is in this draft, or the next. Glennon has all the smell of a stop gap, not named Jay Cutler. Who knows, Shaw may shock us all and take the reins.

That's exactly what I think too. If Pace signs Glennon, even at 14 million per year, it's the lowest paid starting QB and after cutting/trading Cutler, it's a wash against the cap. The salary cap has gone up so too is the price on QBs and he would be the lowest paid starting QB in the league. If Pace doesn't have confidence in the top 3 QBs of this year's draft, he can pick up a developmental guy in the later rounds. MG is a guy who has potential upside that Cutler hasn't reached in the last 8 years and if he tanks, we have next year's draft to try to grab a 1st round QB.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are very few options, listening to the Radio this AM, they have a point. If not Glennon, then who? Hoyer? McCarrin? Shaw? Um.. a rookie when non are touted as starting caliber out of the box? Picks are extremely limited. >bangs head against the desk< :shot::dunno::pity:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I like the idea of Glennon short term. He's young and might have some upside. We know what Hoyer is and always will be. Also, I don't want the QB that Pace drafts to be under pressure to start year one. I want the kid to get acclimated to the NFL before he's thrown into the fire. Goff was flopping around like a fish last year. I hope we can avoid a disaster like that. Some of these guys coming in have never even called plays in the huddle. It will take time with any of the top guys in this draft to be ready.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I've already pre-ordered a Glennon jersey with the words "THE STATUE" on the back. Can't wait to wear it to family day at Soldier Field.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I got a bingo from that op

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the idea of Glennon short term. He's young and might have some upside. We know what Hoyer is and always will be. Also, I don't want the QB that Pace drafts to be under pressure to start year one. I want the kid to get acclimated to the NFL before he's thrown into the fire. Goff was flopping around like a fish last year. I hope we can avoid a disaster like that. Some of these guys coming in have never even called plays in the huddle. It will take time with any of the top guys in this draft to be ready.

I will say you are right in having someone take the lead to open the season, but Bear fans hate this move so much that they will be calling for the rookie in preseason. Right or wrong, if Pace picks a qb high Bears fans will be clamoring for him to start. I just think it's wasted money, and already feel bad for Glennon and he hasn't even been signed. If he was smart he'd stay on the bench in Tampa and away from Chicago.

Washington

Liked Posts:

I disagree. I say let the rookies play and learn. Phi is far better with Wentz having a year under his belt. Same is true with Dak in Dallas. Same is even true with Goff. If the team is going nowhere anyway, let the kids develop.

WhatAMess

Liked Posts:
Maybe the strategy is to sign 40 guys during draft week at league minimum? I mean, we know how much better the talent gets as time goes on.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you can insert any other 14 -15 mil FA you like, it was just an example.

Yeah...give me Adrian Peterson and Wagner for about 16 total. AND Jeffery. Draft TE.

Offense. Frigging crazy

optimus prime

Liked Posts:
You all should just listen to me, I know things

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree. I say let the rookies play and learn. Phi is far better with Wentz having a year under his belt. Same is true with Dak in Dallas. Same is even true with Goff. If the team is going nowhere anyway, let the kids develop.

But at the beginning of last season you argued Whitehair shouldn't start game 1 at center that he needed practice time to learn the position.