dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Never too early for the Bears. We have to get a franchise QB to get this team to where we're a consistent playoff team. Trevor and Justin will be out of our reach but here's 6 QB's that could be choices for the Bears in 2021.

We turn our attention to what quarterbacks the Chicago Bears could have their eye on in the 2021 NFL Draft.
The 2020 NFL Draft has concluded for the Chicago Bears and once again, Ryan Pace refused to draft a quarterback — at all. Despite indicating very early on in his tenure that he thought it was a good idea to add one each year, he has done it only once in the last six drafts.

When questioned about it during his post-draft press conference, Pace indicated that to draft a quarterback, things have to “align for us the right way.” Apparently over the last 42 rounds worth of NFL drafts, things have only “aligned” once. Even then, that’s not entirely true as Pace had to “align” things himself by trading up for Mitchell Trubisky in 2017. It’s not as if he left it to the gods of the NFL draft to decide. Be that as it may, the fact remains there is no young, developmental quarterback on the roster once again.

Therefore, Bears fans will have to look towards the future and the 2021 NFL Draft for their next opportunity to select a franchise quarterback.

Of course, Bears fans are probably salivating over the thought of having a shot at a guy like Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence or Ohio State’s Justin Fields, but there is virtually no chance of that happening absent a cataclysmic failure on a number of fronts. The Bears simply have too much talent to be picking near the top of the draft. However, there are still likely to be some quality options for the Bears in the middle of the first round, and so that is whe

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm ready for Pace to pull a Mike Ditka for Ricky Williams type deal next year to get us a real deal franchise QB.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Trey Lance if you can’t get one of the top 2. What do we got to lose?

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Great. Now I have to start following North Dakota State.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Trey Lance if you can’t get one of the top 2. What do we got to lose?

Okay i guess i'm gonna go google Trey Lance real quick.....................

Edit: Ummmmmm okay, he's on the list of the link that i posted....oops.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It won’t matter in two years Aaron Rodgers will be a bear according to wilbon lol

exdwhw.gif

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm from North Dakota and Trey Lance is a great QB. Some of the highlights you will get will mostly be him running, but he is a great decision maker/passer. Can't talk to reading defenses as NDSU is a powerhouse and outmatch a lot of teams, but when you are 28 tds to zero ints, he is doing something right. GREAT at read option

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
M.Miller did a way too early 2021 draft and has us taking J.Fields at pick #13 which in no way will he drop that far IMO but would be a happy man if he did. Give me any one of T.Lawrence, J.Fields or T.Lance and i'm happy. He has Trey lance (North Dakota St) going before him. I like Jamie Newman as well but he's transferring from Wake Forest to Georgia so we'll see how he does in the SEC, if we have a college football season.

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Has anyone gone through all the teams to see who would potentially be looking at adding a qb next season?

patriots
Jets
Steelers
Colts
Jaguars
Titans
Raiders
Redskins
Bears
Lions
Panthers
Saints
Bucs
49ers

obviously not all willwant a qb but potentially those are the teams that might want one. I don’t see us being worse than all of them. I also don’t see us picking in the top ten. We going to be in retread mode at qb for awhile thanks to pace big time miss

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why I wanted Gordon late. Probably not going to amount to much like any late QB but you can't win if you don't play and the kid has the intangibles.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
When you dont have a QB, its never too early to look at QB's

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Fuck no, it's never too early

Windy City is already finishing up on his 2027 Mock Draft
True, he calls it his 6th annual Omelet Memorial mock.