Too early to look at 2021 QB draft?

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
2021 needs RT,QB,SS,WR,TE,LT thats how i see our needs lining up. I really believe we'll have a suprise RG play lights up. Leno will be above avg again and Massie will do good but it'll just be time to move on from him...

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video]

TBF, I have never watched Trey Lance play. But, I’m just not seeing any important aspects of quarterbacking that translates to the NFL.

It looks like the next time Trey Lance has to make a NFL throw into a tight window will be a first. Just count how many times in the highlights when he is actually throwing the announcer says “WIDE OPEN.” These dudes are running free with 7-10 yards of separation.

I like that he is mobile, has experience under center with playaction, and appears to be a good decision maker. But when I watched Wentz play there he JUMPED off the screen with his arm talent, etc. I don’t think Lance has that level of potential. For me, Jordan Love was a MUCH more impressive and quality prospect and possessed many more traits that translate.
that highlight video is better than any video I've seen of Justin Fields

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Yeah a saw a 2021 mock that had T.Lance getting drafted before J.Fields. The deeper the QB class for 2021 the obviously better it is for us cause just our defense alone will get us 6-7 wins so at worst we'll be picking right in the middle of the rounds again. If we don't get a college season then it's gonna make it real hard to use our 1st round pick on any QB after Lawrence and Fields with only having the 2019 college football season to go off of when looking at T.Lance, J.Newman, B.Purdy and others.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I disagree completely.

Justin Fields looks and plays exactly like Cam Newton did at Auburn.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
[video]

TBF, I have never watched Trey Lance play. But, I’m just not seeing any important aspects of quarterbacking that translates to the NFL.

It looks like the next time Trey Lance has to make a NFL throw into a tight window will be a first. Just count how many times in the highlights when he is actually throwing the announcer says “WIDE OPEN.” These dudes are running free with 7-10 yards of separation.

I like that he is mobile, has experience under center with playaction, and appears to be a good decision maker. But when I watched Wentz play there he JUMPED off the screen with his arm talent, etc. I don’t think Lance has that level of potential. For me, Jordan Love was a MUCH more impressive and quality prospect and possessed many more traits that translate.

Imagine watching highlights to determine a guy can't throw into tight windows.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
M.Miller did a way too early 2021 draft and has us taking J.Fields at pick #13 which in no way will he drop that far IMO but would be a happy man if he did. Give me any one of T.Lawrence, J.Fields or T.Lance and i'm happy. He has Trey lance (North Dakota St) going before him. I like Jamie Newman as well but he's transferring from Wake Forest to Georgia so we'll see how he does in the SEC, if we have a college football season.

Ok

Reactions: WCL

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Chicago Bears: 6 QBs to watch for in the 2021 NFL Draft ...

5) KJ Costello.....Costello is not going back to Stanford, choosing instead to transfer to Mississippi State University where he will work with another QB expert in the “Mad Scientist,” Mike Leach. Here he will look to improve upon his 2018 campaign in which he completed 65 percent of his passes while attempting 8.6 yards per pass.

4) Kenny Pickett.....Pickett’s statistics certainly won’t jump off the page at you. In fact, he only threw for 3,098 yards, 13 touchdowns, and 9 interceptions last season. However, he attended the prestigious Manning Passing Academy where he impressed a number in attendance, putting him squarely on the radar of NFL teams.

3) Brock Purdy.......According to the article, in a Matt Nagy style offense, to be able to quickly diagnose the defense and where the quarterbacks mismatches are. Purdy has shown an impressive ability to do just that while hanging in the pocket and going through his progressions. However, he has shown that he has more than enough athleticism to get outside the pocket and make plays with his feet when necessary.

2)Trey Lance......

Yes, he played in the FCS for North Dakota State, but Lance put up 2,786 yards while throwing 28 touchdowns and exactly 0 interceptions. Yes, you read that right — his TD/INT ratio last season was 28/0. You don’t put up that kind of ratio unless your decision-making is impeccable — and his is.
You may want to get on board the Trey Lance hype-train because it might not be at the station long.

1) Jamie Newman.....If Newman can do the same things in the SEC that he did at Wake, and do it over the course of an entire season, he is really going to improve his draft status. Newman could be the perfect fit for the Bears based on his skillset (smart, athletic, confident) as well as availability. He could fall right in the sweet spot of where the Bears are expected to draft in the first round.

Outside of Lance, thank God the Bears didn't pick any of those bums

msadows

Liked Posts:
Did you find something interesting in this post from over a year ago?

matt Miller thought fields would drop to 13

back then no one thought he’d drop out of the top 3.

pretty close to spot on. He also had lance going ahead of fields. I bet you dude is cheesing right now if he even remembers writing that.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Did you find something interesting in this post from over a year ago?
I actually appreciate this one because it says barring a cataclysmic event there's no chance the Bears get Justin fields. So I am laughing my ass off right now...

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
@Myk is going to be pissed at this thread.

You managed to not be blocked through Cutler or Trubisky and now you're going to give it your all by trolling after we get a QB and an offense?
You do realize ending the troll is as easy as a right click on your name, right?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You managed to not be blocked through Cutler or Trubisky and now you're going to give it your all by trolling after we get a QB and an offense?
You do realize ending the troll is as easy as a right click on your name, right?
Then fucking do it. Don't just say it, do it. Honest to God, I remember your avatar, but I don't remember you ever making an intelligent football point. I promise you, I will forget about you the moment I click 'post reply' to this thread. The fact that you got your panties in such a mess, and sticking up for....hell, I fucking forget what poster I was trashing. In any event, you're clearly a shitty poster - so bye. Go kick rocks.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Then fucking do it. Don't just say it, do it. Honest to God, I remember your avatar, but I don't remember you ever making an intelligent football point. I promise you, I will forget about you the moment I click 'post reply' to this thread. The fact that you got your panties in such a mess, and sticking up for....hell, I fucking forget what poster I was trashing. In any event, you're clearly a shitty poster - so bye. Go kick rocks.
The nerve of Gus to commit murder on this beautiful Sunday

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bears really find themselves in a position to draft Fields or Lawrence, that means Pace wouldn't be around to select the QB anyway.

I had some interesting takes in this thread. lol. I'm actually happy with Fields over Lance now