Top 10 Most Marketable NBA Players

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yet Lebron had the best selling jersey in the league...and I would be willing to bet he will be the top seller this year coming up. Lebron made more money on Madison Avenue than most of that list combined. Again, Steve Nash and Vince Carter do not have more appeal than Lebron James and Dwyane Wade...Lebron's "Q Score" was at its lowest before the season if I'm not mistaken, he still sold shoes and jerseys...

That list is b.s....no reason trying to explain it.

LeBron James led the league in jersey sales because of the simple fact that he moved from one team to another. A lot of his fans, who already had his Cavs jersey, wanted his Heat jersey, as well.

And you still obviously are not getting it. LeBron James and Dwyane Wade are far from the most marketable players (at least right now) because they are not well-liked. Likability directly correlates with marketability. Even more-so than how good you are as a player.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And last year was ironically the first year that he led the NBA in jersey sales since his rookie season, by the way.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that's stupid...Kobe and Kidd should be on the list but Lebron shouldn't? OK!!! Those guys are no better than Lebron, they're worse as far as what they've done during their time in the league.

You are honestly comparing LeBron's marketability to Kobe's...... get real.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Kind of surprised Dwight Howard isn't up there.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
LeBron James led the league in jersey sales because of the simple fact that he moved from one team to another. A lot of his fans, who already had his Cavs jersey, wanted his Heat jersey, as well.

And you still obviously are not getting it. LeBron James and Dwyane Wade are far from the most marketable players (at least right now) because they are not well-liked. Likability directly correlates with marketability. Even more-so than how good you are as a player.

dwyane wade is well liked...

and kobe is definitely NOT well liked...atleast in the US

i guess this is concern GLOBAL marketability and not national marketability..that i can see why kobe and guys like pau,nash,etc. have a high marketability(international ties and such)

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
You are honestly comparing LeBron's marketability to Kobe's...... get real.

you need to get real and read what I was responding to.

That said, when Lebron's Q rating was at an all time low...it was BARELY lower than Kobe Bryant's.

Kobe has been top 5 amongst most disliked athletes for YEARS! Yet he is tops amongst most liked...it was and is the same with Lebron, but he only became a disliked figure this offseason, the Decision did not affect his marketability one bit. He still sold shoes and jerseys, and if he kept his base of loyal fans, that is what matters...

DCguy

Liked Posts:
Also if the public perception of someone isn't positive, how do you expect them to be marketable? We all know Wade and James' public perception is low and certain people will not support things from certain people because of their antics or they just don't like that person.

Jersey sells don't correlate to being a pitch person for a product. Iverson was always in the top 10 in jersey sales but he didn't get endorsement deals because he wasn't well liked. Same goes for LeBron and Wade at the moment. That shouldn't be hard to figure out.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
And last year was ironically the first year that he led the NBA in jersey sales since his rookie season, by the way.

...which pisses all over your 'likeability directly correlates with marketability" claims...

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Also if the public perception of someone isn't positive, how do you expect them to be marketable? We all know Wade and James' public perception is low and certain people will not support things from certain people because of their antics or they just don't like that person.

Jersey sells don't correlate to being a pitch person for a product. Iverson was always in the top 10 in jersey sales but he didn't get endorsement deals because he wasn't well liked. Same goes for LeBron and Wade at the moment. That shouldn't be hard to figure out.

I will say it again, Kobe is one of the most disliked players in America...has been for a while. There are 300 million people in this country...its not a hard concept to understand...a player can be liked and disliked. The Yankees are a prime example.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

where is this myth of wade being not well liked coming from?

lebron and bosh are the ones that make miami so hated..not wade....

maybe some of y'all dont like wade because he scorned chicago a bit..but overall he is well liked in nba and overall

DCguy

Liked Posts:
where is this myth of wade being not well liked coming from?

lebron and bosh are the ones that make miami so hated..not wade....

maybe some of y'all dont like wade because he scorned chicago a bit..but overall he is well liked in nba and overall

I like Wade personally. But I was going off this list. It was mentioned that LeBron and Wade were left off. But I feel you though.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kobe Bryant is huge internationally and in one of the biggest markets (L.A.). EVERYTHING is purple and gold out there.....

I guarantee that Kobe Bryant has more fans than LeBron James. The guy's legacy is that much bigger as well. Obviously, Kobe has a lot of haters, too. But he definitely has a lot more respect behind his name.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And Wade is associated with the Heat and everything they did in the off-season. And failing in the playoffs this season. That is why I am not shocked to see him off of a top 10 list like this.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will say it again, Kobe is one of the most disliked players in America...has been for a while. There are 300 million people in this country...its not a hard concept to understand...a player can be liked and disliked. The Yankees are a prime example.

What is not a hard concept to understand is that LeBron James pissed off his entire fanbase one year ago and has dug himself in a deeper and deeper hole ever since. Kobe Bryant may have more haters than LeBron James, but he also has more fans. I guarantee you that.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Wade and Lebron took a hit image wise...hell, Pat Riley and Spolestra took hits image wise.

I for one can't stand Wade...but a lot of people wised up to who the real culprit was behind all of this when Wade made fun of Dirk's illness, and James followed his lead. It showed who the ringleader was. Wade is not as well loved as he may have been at one time.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
What is not a hard concept to understand is that LeBron James pissed off his entire fanbase one year ago and has dug himself in a deeper and deeper hole ever since. Kobe Bryant may have more haters than LeBron James, but he also has more fans. I guarantee you that.

And I guarantee you Lebron has more fans than Jason Kidd...

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
on a global scale, LBJ should be on this list, I dont think people in China or Turkey cared that he took his talents to south beach.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
on a global scale, LBJ should be on this list, I dont think people in China or Turkey cared that he took his talents to south beach.

Absolutely...he was just number 2 worldwide behind Usain Bolt in May....now dude tells me he is surprised Nate Robinson isn't more marketable? What???

Anderson Silva makes world's most marketable athletes list - MMA News

The world’s 2nd most marketable athlete - LeBron James - Notes & Insights - SportsPro Media sports blog - SportsPro Media

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nate Robinson is a hero to little people all over the country. And, to top that off, the guy is a 3-time dunk contest winner? Sure, he's a bit of an idiot, too. But the guy is very marketable.

If we are talking purely about right now... people in general would much rather be associated with Jason Kidd than LeBron James.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Nate Robinson is a hero to little people all over the country. And, to top that off, the guy is a 3-time dunk contest winner? Sure, he's a bit of an idiot, too. But the guy is very marketable.

If we are talking purely about right now... people in general would much rather be associated with Jason Kidd than LeBron James.

If you were to write that first paragraph as part of your thesis for a marketing degree, you wouldn't graduate on time. Nate should be popular, because midgets love Nate....what????

I asked you to watch those adjectives...Kidd is NOT more popular, not now, not ever...and I don't quite understand how you are speaking for "people in general". Madison Avenue wouldn't agree with you.