Top 10 Most Marketable NBA Players

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you were to write that first paragraph as part of your thesis for a marketing degree, you wouldn't graduate on time. Nate should be popular, because midgets love Nate....what????

I asked you to watch those adjectives...Kidd is NOT more popular, not now, not ever...and I don't quite understand how you are speaking for "people in general". Madison Avenue wouldn't agree with you.

Posting an article about how LeBron James is the 2nd most marketable athlete in the world before buttering it up in the NBA Finals is kind of funny. Long-term, LeBron James will be one of... if not the most... marketable athlete in the NBA. But how many commercial offers do you think LeBron James is getting right now? My guess is not as many as Jason Kidd. No business wants to be associated with a loser. And Wade and James are seen, right now, as losers.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Posting an article about how LeBron James is the 2nd most marketable athlete in the world before buttering it up in the NBA Finals is kind of funny. Long-term, LeBron James will be one of... if not the most... marketable athlete in the NBA. But how many commercial offers do you think LeBron James is getting right now? My guess is not as many as Jason Kidd. No business wants to be associated with a loser. And Wade and James are seen, right now, as losers.

So is Kobe...dropping "F bombs" and choking in the playoffs isn't losing? Worldwide, Lebron IS the most marketable athlete in the NBA. And I really don't think Lebron losing in the Finals takes him from number 2 to underground that quickly. That is not very realistic in my opinion.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So is Kobe...dropping "F bombs" and choking in the playoffs isn't losing? Worldwide, Lebron IS the most marketable athlete in the NBA. And I really don't think Lebron losing in the Finals takes him from number 2 to underground that quickly. That is not very realistic in my opinion.

Marketability changes with the wind... None of these "rankings" are scientific anyway. Long-term, LeBron James is still one of the most basketetball athletes in all of the world. But, in this short window of time... James has some downside associated with his name and that is undeniable. And a lot of enterprises don't want to tie themselves to that.

And the Heat, fair or unfair, get the bulk of the spotlight on them whenever one of them/their team screws up at all. Moreso than Kobe/the Lakers for sure.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
If only players reported their endorsement earnings in full. Then we wouldn't have all this speculation. The last few lists that I saw didn't even have half of their reported earnings listed correctly. I guess it's ideal to hide money when you can go to Asia or Europe, and take a spot, leave that money in a fund sitting with a few account managers, reinvest it, and float it slowly back to to wherever you eventually want it.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
^thats probably part of the issue...its not like these reports are completely accurate and all global endorsement information is available

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What a random list. No Scalbrine?