Top FA available for 2nd Wave, with a focus on Center

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Second and third wave names you are not hearing but fit as short term placeholders:

Sammy Watkins WR
Bryce Callahan NB
OJ Howard TE

All three have janky teeth and warts on the face of their career but with a bag over their face are kinda hot.
Robert Tonyan is a TE I’d take a flyer on.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Would have rather overspent on a center than the mythical 3 tech. Fields should have been priority #1.
Offense is/should be the priority but that doesn't mean the defense should be neglected. We're losing mainstays of our defense from prior seasons in Mack, Hicks, Nichols, Goldman and Trevathan while carrying over holes at CB, S and needing a MLB and SLB for the scheme change. I wouldn't be surprised if Eberflus was like "I just need an impact 3T on D, the rest can be just guys." Word is also that the Bears were in on Brian Allen but he (unsurprisingly) chose to return to the superbowl champions.

There's been a lot of overpays already. Even though we have needs, I'm glad Poles has shown restraint.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Offense is/should be the priority but that doesn't mean the defense should be neglected. We're losing mainstays of our defense from prior seasons in Mack, Hicks, Nichols, Goldman and Trevathan while carrying over holes at CB, S and needing a MLB and SLB for the scheme change. I wouldn't be surprised if Eberflus was like "I just need an impact 3T on D, the rest can be just guys." Word is also that the Bears were in on Brian Allen but he (unsurprisingly) chose to return to the superbowl champions.

There's been a lot of overpays already. Even though we have needs, I'm glad Poles has shown restraint.
Restraint? Like 3 years 40 million for a guy who had foot surgery 2 months ago? That kind of restraint?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
One of the worst offenses in the league with a bad sack and pressure rate, and a struggling rookie QB that needs help, and the Bears spend big money on a defensive tackle.

And you guys wanted Ryan Pace gone. LOL.
Pace would have given Kirk more money than the Jags did. I applaud Poles for not over spending on middle of the pack Wrs. There are still serviceable OL and Wrs available in the 2nd and 3rd wave.

Calm your tits down.

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
WR:

Daesean Hamilton - Bigger kind of slot guy than Dazz. 49ers nearly traded for him but he got injured, i.e. Shannahan connection.

Zach Pascal - Another bigger slot receiver. Special teams contributor. Can be used as a ball carrier. Eberflus connection.

Cam Sims - Huge outside receiver. Special teams value. Has a knack for splashy catches.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I can’t believe we still have people caping for pace. We are literally in the position we are right now cause of that shithead
Clearly that poster thinks the Bears are in a position to go spending crazy on “high end” free agents. His boy Pace was great at that.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
One of the worst offenses in the league with a bad sack and pressure rate, and a struggling rookie QB that needs help, and the Bears spend big money on a defensive tackle.

And you guys wanted Ryan Pace gone. LOL.
God, I wish we could shoot all you pace defenders into the sun.

Can’t say I’m surprised by the stupidity of this post, we all saw it coming after how all the Mitch apologists jumped on Fields after the Cleveland game.

Pace 7 years, zero playoff wins, one winning season and you still sniff his underwear. Poles already worse because of 1 signing.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Would have rather overspent on a center than the mythical 3 tech. Fields should have been priority #1.
Yeah, Poles should have waved his magic want and gotten the top OL guys to not re -up with their current teams, or to sign for half the price others were offering. Or he should have just gone out back and picked one off the OL tree…

You guys seem to want him to sign someone just to sign someone. That’s stupid. But this is ccs…

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Yeah, Poles should have waved his magic want and gotten the top OL guys to not re -up with their current teams, or to sign for half the price others were offering. Or he should have just gone out back and picked one off the OL tree…

You guys seem to want him to sign someone just to sign someone. That’s stupid. But this is ccs…
The OL tree is still too young to pick from, it was just planted last year. But he can go rummaging through the dumpster fire that Pace left him.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Restraint? Like 3 years 40 million for a guy who had foot surgery 2 months ago? That kind of restraint?
If you want a guy on the first day, you need to overpay, plain and simple. And like I said, if Eberflus said he needs a 3T and perhaps particularly likes Ogunjobi, there you have it.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If you want a guy on the first day, you need to overpay, plain and simple. And like I said, if Eberflus said he needs a 3T and perhaps particularly likes Ogunjobi, there you have it.
Allot of people forgot lovie tenure when it comes to the defense we will see allot of similarities especially with what the priorities would be

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
why do you guys wants ESB or MVS? Both were worse than Anthony Miller despite having significant better QB play ... .you guys are terrible ....I would rather have Chark or Juju who have actually had a WR1 level performance for one year
Yeah don't know why anyone would want ESB but i'd take a shot on MVS just not at the $10+ some on here want to sign him for.

Would rather:
B.Pringle
Z.Pascal
JuJu
J.Crowder
S.Watkins--1 year deal
R.Gage

C
Bozeman
Matt Paradis

Would anyone want to bring back either one of Kyle Fuller to play opposite JJ or Bryce Callahan to play NB?

CB
K.Fuller?
B.Callahan?
P.Peterson
X.Rhodes
M.Hughes
Rasul Douglas

S
K.Neal
L.Collins
J.Peppers
T.Edmunds

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Allot of people forgot lovie tenure when it comes to the defense we will see allot of similarities especially with what the priorities would be
Haven't forgotten Lovie tenure, that's why we were hoping it would be a little different and be what Poles said it would be, focusing on helping Fields.

Ogunjobi shows the priority, good word for this signing, is Defense, once again, meet the new boss, same as the old boss.