Top FA available for 2nd Wave, with a focus on Center

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I think everyone needs to lighten up. If you can't take a joke about the Bears spending 40 million dollars on a DT with a host of needs on offense.. well then you just can't take a joke.

If Pace didn't get fired and made the same deal, people would be bitching and moaning like crazy.

It's comical guys. We suck on offense so we hired a defensive head coach and signed a big money DT. If its not worth a cry then its worth a laugh.
Only because your so clueless. That’s why I keep coming to ccs…

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
We're one day through free agency. This "OMG his first free agency signing was a defensive guy he doesn't care about Fields we're doomed life sucks" attitude is entirely unjustified.
It’s too late. He’s gone. Lost another one.

Time dick ripped: whenever his first post this thread happened.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think everyone needs to lighten up. If you can't take a joke about the Bears spending 40 million dollars on a DT with a host of needs on offense.. well then you just can't take a joke.

If Pace didn't get fired and made the same deal, people would be bitching and moaning like crazy.

It's comical guys. We suck on offense so we hired a defensive head coach and signed a big money DT. If its not worth a cry then its worth a laugh.
I definitely laugh at this franchise all the time. I also laugh at @dabears70 all the time too

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I think I have caught on to the CCS evolution:

Years 1-2 of a new GM: He can do NO wrong.
Years 3-4: Moderate criticism allowed.
Year 5+: If you don't think our GM is an effing idiot don't even post here.

And yes, this post is a joke as well.

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
This board is so busy cutting everybody, and then amazingly assuming that we’re going to replace them, that is frustrating. We cut Goldman. We have not re-signed Hicks or Nichols. We have no meaning for defensive tackles outside of Tonga. We would need to use one or two of our second or third round draft picks to fill this hole, and oh my Lord if we don’t limit our draft to offensive lineman and WR, then Poles is Pace 2.0. This team has so many holes, it is not a one-year fix. Draft the best player available, and if it is close make it a wide receiver or an offensive lineman. And from my understanding, this is a very deep draft for wide receivers and potentially offensive lineman, so that makes sense that you would focus the draft on those assets and not on a defensive tackle.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
This board is so busy cutting everybody, and then amazingly assuming that we’re going to replace them, that is frustrating. We cut Goldman. We have not re-signed Hicks or Nichols. We have no meaning for defensive tackles outside of Tonga. We would need to use one or two of our second or third round draft picks to fill this hole, and oh my Lord if we don’t limit our draft to offensive lineman and WR, then Poles is Pace 2.0. This team has so many holes, it is not a one-year fix. Draft the best player available, and if it is close make it a wide receiver or an offensive lineman. And from my understanding, this is a very deep draft for wide receivers and potentially offensive lineman, so that makes sense that you would focus the draft on those assets and not on a defensive tackle.
Blackson and Edwards are also under contract at DT.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
it’s crazy to think at least a decent defense could help a young QB to develop too.
Meh not really all that much. It can help the te win, but a QB is gonna develop by going through all the growing pains and just flat out gaining experience.

A good defense and having your QB hand the ball off don’t really help your QB experience crucial plays. Just mho

Now, a good OL and some receivers directly help a typing QB the way I see it.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is no question Poles’ plan includes tanking in 2022, to get another year of experience for Fields, good draft picks and lots of cap room to compete in 2023. He doesn’t care. He hasn’t suffered since 1985 like many of us. Shit, he was just born in 85.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Dudes, the sky isn't falling. We didn't get the top 2 Centers that we all wanted. But, seriously, did you guys see the money that was thrown around today? What the fuck? Come on now! The Panthers gave Ian Thomas $16.95 mil! Did you see how much Kirk got?

Big Poles played it right. Big Poles playing spades. He got his pass rushing, penetrating 3 tech from a Super Bowl team who balled out last year. My man is doing it right.

Now, Let's talk about Center.

Of the FA Centers that are left, my first choice is Bradley Bozeman. I mean, who wouldn't want the guy. The Jets and Panthers are reportedly interested.

Now, my second choice is a dude nobody's talking about. I had to check with Spotrac to make sure that he's still available. Austin Blythe from KC. Yeah, they haven't signed him yet. We can get him at about $1.039 AAV. You know that Poles knows the dude. Watch for this signing.

These are some FA that I like that we still may sign:

Taco Charlton DE
DJ Chark WR
Jarvis Landry WR
Kyzir White LB
Russel Gage WR
Equanamious St. Brown WR -- with the money MVS is asking, fuck him. I want this guy.
Billy Turner OG/OT (FGB)
Jordan Whitehead S
Terrell Edmunds S
Jayron Kearse S
Arden Key DE/Edge
Derrick Nnadi DL -- you can't have too many run stuffing dudes who can pressure the QB, especially for around $2 mil.
My man Jacoby Brissett QB -- Send Foles packing!
Solomon Thomas DL -- I want this guy more for the irony than anything. Would he really have been a better pick than Mitch? I remember the board melting down when we didn't draft him.
Desmond King CB/KR
Patrick Ricard FB/DL -- bring me the 300 lb. FB that puts the hurt on people. More please.

Also, Honeybadger is still available; his price is probably going down every day he isn't signed. So, we can dream, can't we?

The moral of this post is don't panic. Big Poles is playing spades.
The sky is blue for sure. Several of the guys you list are already signed, I wanted Bozeman as well as 1st chose but read he is a poor fit for what they want to do.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The top fa centers didn’t get mega contracts. Big whiff there imo. Talking heads say bozeman doesn’t fit what they are looking for. Guess fields has the luxury of having mustifer still on the roster

Scratch chark off your list he signed with Detroit. Not a loss just one less option.

I think they just ended up back on their old teams. Can't really fault them for that if they wanted to stay in place

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Restraint? Like 3 years 40 million for a guy who had foot surgery 2 months ago? That kind of restraint?

The one who missed 2 or 3 games in like 4 years?

Yeah, not gonna overreact to it

GSHSoldier

Liked Posts:
This season was a wash regardless. Next offseason will be roses with 8-10 draft picks due to compensatory picks And trades. They’ll have. $131 million free cap space and the packers will pay the piper for half a decade very soon. They can’t keep kicking the can down the road forever. Poles builds through the draft and I’m glad we have 2 seconds this season. I’d trade up and get Olave. If Poles stays pat then I’d grab 2 WRs or 2 OL or one of each in the 2nd depending who drops. Next offseason will be a lot of fun!

Last edited:

GSHSoldier

Liked Posts:
They essentially swapped out Goldman for Larry. Not that big of a difference in money either
One sat out an Entire season after a big contract while the other played. And one came back and produced less than the Bears’ 7th round rookie DT while the other had a career year. I’d take the latter

GSHSoldier

Liked Posts:
I was always high on Watkins preferred him over Cooper when he was in Buffalo and amari in Oakland. He’s a sleeper imo, for sure has breakaway speed. He runs a 4.43 40 time. Sign me up!!