Total rebuild? Or just a new coach and some moderate changes?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I think we're closer to a rebuild than many are willing to admit. I'd call it a renovation at best. We have good parts, but they're sparse. Not enough on the team now to win within 3 seasons.

We have young pieces to build towards the future with like Fields, Monty/Herbert, Kmet, Mooney on offense. Hopefully we can add Jenkins and Borom to that list, but they're unknown at this point. I think Daniels is also worth keeping around for the right price. Those three working out at whatever positions on the OL will help tremendously with the renovation. Danies-C, Borom-RG, Jenkins-RT is my thinking. Then we'd only need to find two more OL. Obviously, fixing the OL is the most important need right now.

On defense we have Nichols, Goldman, Roquan and Johnson that are guys you see here beyond the initial struggle period. But beyond them, not many long-term building block pieces. Fixing that defense is probably going to take two offseasons by itself.

I think if done perfectly, this team can compete in 3 years at best, but that's with a lot of "ifs."

If we hire the right HC/OC to develop Fields. If Fields progresses at a high level. If Jenkins gets healthy and becomes the starter we thought he'd be. If we can find at least two, maybe 3, more starting OL. If we can find two pass rushers to replace Mack and Quinn. If we can fix both safety positions.

A lot of needs for this not be a rebuild.