Tracking the top 3-4 OLBs

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Beasley looked good in shorts but I don't want him at 7 as he has shown the least power of all the top prospects on tape. Dupree lit it up as a 4.56 at 269 lbs with a 42" vertical is outstanding.

I personally hope the pick comes down to Ray, Fowler or Dupree.

I would agree with this Beasley looks very soft on tape.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
So Dupree and Beasley had the best combines by position. Dupree is bigger and stronger while Beasley is the better overall athlete.

With Beasley adding 15 pounds and putting up 35 reps on the bench, do you think he will significantly improve holding the edge?

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
With Beasley adding 15 pounds and putting up 35 reps on the bench, do you think he will significantly improve holding the edge?

I don't personally. Some guys lift weights some guys have power in their hands. Beasley doesn't have hand power from what I can see on tape. I think picking Beasley would be the only way the Bears could fuck up the 7th pick at this point. Get Ray, Fowler, Dupree, even Gregory or Shelton and the first round is a success. I am pulling for one of Ray, Fowler or Dupree personally.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Beasley blew the combine away but i gotta agree. On film he doesnt look as strong.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
There's no way Beasley will maintain that 246 thru the hottest part of the summer and running around an NFL camp. I'd imagine he'd get back around 235lbs during the season. That being said, I don't think his weight matters. 245 or 235 he's going to be undersized either way. His functional strength is what matters. And the bench is nice. He may have the functional strength to be a 3-4 OLB. I honestly don't really know enough about the 3-4 to determine. But I'd absolutely love him as a SAM LB in the 4-3 and nickel pass rusher. Simlar to Von Miller. But Von Miller actually has played OLB in the 3-4, so maybe Vic can too. I don't know if I want to see if he can fit in the defense at 7, especially if guys I know can fit in the 3-4 are on the board.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Windy said something a little while back that made a lot of since. He said that combine weights will be the lightest players will be in their career in order to post the best 40 time, vertical jump etc.

I don't see Beasley being lighter than 246 in his career. He'll probably be asked to put on more weight once he gets into an NFL strength program year round.

The question is, does his added weight translate to functional, football strength?