Trade Deadline Talk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like it for a third because of the way he may fit with Hino, Hossa, Hartman, Motte, and other skill players now on the bottom 6.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
very Panik type move.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Blackhawks scouts continue to follow Colorado (As are a lot of teams). A couple taking in the Colorado vs Buffalo game tonight.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Morin was moved again. Now with the Coyotes but really the Roadrunners

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Bishop to LA.

Talk of Hanzal to Minnesota for a whole lot of picks.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Looks like wild all in.

I don't really understand la move

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Looks like wild all in.

They weren't confident in how effective Quick would be from the long layoff in injury he had.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Can Hanzal score in the playoffs? Because that's the guy that Minnesota really needs: a top-flight scorer.

Do they though? They have three lines that can all score. Their depth is damn impressive. Not to mention, they have the most goals for in the West by a pretty good margin (and a great goal differential margin). A top flight scorer isn't a concern when you have a guy like Parise playing on the "third" line and the most goals in the conference. They should be looking to improve their #6 dman at this point and go from their. Minnesota is looking like a real good team this year and will give anyone trouble if they are playing their game.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like wild all in.

Well....it helps us maybe. Bare with me for a second I have a question. It seems the expansion rules are too favorable to incoming team if they haven't changed, because I can remember the Avalanche winning immediately, and maybe Carolina or the Lightning having quick success too within the development time of the initial player haul they stole.

One of the controversial rules is only protecting one goalie. You would think if you allowed 2 protected, they could still find some gems in the 3 deep. Instead...they are allowed to take somebodies immediate future.

This pertains to Darling who might be priced out in free agency anyway. Couple inquiries...

1. Bishop was moved so Lightning could protect their young/cheap guy. Is Bishop exposed behind Quick or does his veteran contract/status protect him? Will he be taken 1?
2. After Bishop is selected, can Darling be protected, or do they get a double dip?

So I think L.A. got Bishop to either protect somebody else in the system, or for legitamate PLayoff push reasons to always have an elite goalie going even though Quick needs extra rest for a bit, and as insurance with his injury history.

It was a groin...thats why they took extreme measure. Very easy for a groin to re-tear on a goalie

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Isn't Bishop an UFA this offseason?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Isn't Bishop an UFA this offseason?

So is Darling. I think partly because neither the Hawks nor Lightning could both fairly extend their back-ups AND protect them from expansion?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
9-1-0 in the last ten, undefeated with Jurco in the lineup (see what I did there)... get what you can get but don't fuck it it, the boys have been sailing lately.

Only 1 loss in the month of Feb. Which amazingly was at home, in a month that saw them play 10 games with 7 on the road. And saw them have a stretch of 8 out of 9 games on the road... fuck me. (By the way, they pulled 14 points out 16 points on those 8 road games.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Do they though? They have three lines that can all score. Their depth is damn impressive. Not to mention, they have the most goals for in the West by a pretty good margin (and a great goal differential margin). A top flight scorer isn't a concern when you have a guy like Parise playing on the "third" line and the most goals in the conference. They should be looking to improve their #6 dman at this point and go from their. Minnesota is looking like a real good team this year and will give anyone trouble if they are playing their game.

Here's the biggest problem for Minny, in my mind, aside from their coach's notorious playoff collapses and their goalie's similarly bad playoff career stats:

Say the Wild are down by one late in the third period. Who do they put on the ice to get that goal? They've got 10 guys with double-digit goal totals but none of them have even cracked 20 yet. (Hawks have 3 with Kane at 24, Anisimov at 22 and Hossa at 21). Having depth is great, don't get me wrong. But depth alone does not a championship team make. They don't have a Kane or a Tarasenko or a McDavid or a Pavelski and that's going to be their downfall.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Here's the biggest problem for Minny, in my mind, aside from their coach's notorious playoff collapses and their goalie's similarly bad playoff career stats:

Say the Wild are down by one late in the third period. Who do they put on the ice to get that goal? They've got 10 guys with double-digit goal totals but none of them have even cracked 20 yet. (Hawks have 3 with Kane at 24, Anisimov at 22 and Hossa at 21). Having depth is great, don't get me wrong. But depth alone does not a championship team make. They don't have a Kane or a Tarasenko or a McDavid or a Pavelski and that's going to be their downfall.

Just like in basketball, who do you want to take the potential GW shot with that team? Reminds me of the 2000 trailblazers that were ultra talented and very deep but nobody that was capable of sinking the big shot.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Jordie Benn to Montreal.

Burrows to Ottawa.

Boyle to Toronto.

A lot happening in a short period today. Blackhawks were supposedly in on Burrows.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
The Benn bromance is over

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now Montreal trading for another D man.

If they can't sign Shattenkirk that one is really going to sting.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Shatty to the Caps.

All these trades are firing up, will Sakic actually trade anyone