Trade Deadline:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't say that, Busch just started playing first regularly and he has developed nicely there, better than average. And he used to play second so yeah there would be a drop off from a gold glover to him, but calling it horrible is a bit extreme.
I’ve seen Alonso try to play D.

And I agree Busch has gotten better at first, but I can’t see him having adequate range or glove at 2nd.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

And I agree Busch has gotten better at first, but I can’t see him having adequate range or glove at 2nd.
Doubtful they are moving Nico. What they need is for PCA to continue to bunt, work on learning the strike zone, draw more walks and continue running. It may or may not happen but if it does he could be Kenny Lofton part 2. With he and Nico batting 1 and 2.

BTW......Alonso scares me because he's right at that age that Hoyer loves as he turns 30 this year.
You never know what that dumbass might do.

Last edited:

CSF77

Liked Posts:

We don't know much on it other than what has been said. From most that I have heard, his best D in the minors was 2B. Also seeing him pick the ball while moving to 2B he looked pretty natural throwing from there. So I would assume league avg with a bat that plays better than Hoerner.

It would take some justification to do it. Like Cody sticks and Owen is crushing it and PCA solidifies as a MLB regular. Then Hoerner becomes expendable and a good contract to deal out. Alonso I might agree it would be a step back. The power is there but you lose elsewhere.

I'm leaning towards status que here. Let things play out. As is they are pretty good and they will have Ballesteros and Cassie adding to the mix giving Jed options on team direction.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
We don't know much on it other than what has been said. From most that I have heard, his best D in the minors was 2B. Also seeing him pick the ball while moving to 2B he looked pretty natural throwing from there. So I would assume league avg with a bat that plays better than Hoerner.

It would take some justification to do it. Like Cody sticks and Owen is crushing it and PCA solidifies as a MLB regular. Then Hoerner becomes expendable and a good contract to deal out. Alonso I might agree it would be a step back. The power is there but you lose elsewhere.

I'm leaning towards status que here. Let things play out. As is they are pretty good and they will have Ballesteros and Cassie adding to the mix giving Jed options on team direction.
Que?!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Doubtful they are moving Nico. What they need is for PCA to continue to bunt, work on learning the strike zone, draw more walks and continue running. It may or may not happen but if it does he could be Kenny Lofton part 2. With he and Nico batting 1 and 2.

BTW......Alonso scares me because he's right at that age that Hoyer loves as he turns 30 this year.
You never know what that dumbass might do.
Jed needs a phone call from Ryan Poles.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Que pasa.

Now stop picking on him. You’ll look like a pre-Madonna.

Was he trying again? I got them on ignore. Nothing worth while come out of their posts anyways

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Nice come back game. Wrong thread but w/e.