Trade down from #20?

Trade down from #20?

• Total voters

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I said trade down if not there but I I almost said this. If there's a viable LT there you don't pass with the idea of getting one latter. Best case is you have a few guys of equal need and rating there so you move a couple spots and still get your guy.
I agree if there's a legit LT there, id scoop him up in a second. Its just so easy to talk about the draft strategy now but the draft never falls the way everyone expects it to, especially when you're picking at 20 like the Bears. So much can happen. If you have a slew of players you love still available and a team really wants to move up for you pick, go ahead and trade back. But i hate the idea of just trading back to getting an extra pick for the sake of getting an extra pick.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
Would rather not since a lot of good players will slip due to 5 QB's taken before #20.

However, if they do, I won't mind it. Moving down just 5 spots could net you a 3rd round pick.

If they don't get any of those top 5 qb's, it might be better just to drop down a bit so you can get an extra 3rd and take mond/newman/trask

Who are we kidding tho? Pace doesn't trade down, he trades up. I'll be shocked if he doesn't trade up in the first round to pick a QB.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Of course it depends on who's there at #20 but i'm always good with a good ole trade down, unfortunately my guy Pace rarely does the trade downs and is more of a trade up GM. The few trade downs he has made he's done pretty decent with them.
He likes to trade down in the later rounds I'd say, but obviously has never done it in the first. He hasn't had much opportunity tho. 2017 he wanted Mitch and then he gave up two firsts for Mack.

If you look at his first rounders outside of Mitch (Roquan/Floyd/White) he has mainly stuck to BPA.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This topic goes back to something I said months ago, short version. In a deep draft I'd rather have 10 shots at getting good players over 6. Make of that what you will. If a team has more holes, more rookie contracts the fill them, the better.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
GUYS, are thee fck are you trusting Pace with another QB??? HMMM?? :unsure: ? .

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd have to see what the board looks like before I could discuss a trade down or a trade up. Unless we're talking about trading up to #2 and taking a QB that isn't Trevor Lawrence.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why pass up the best OT available? Regardless of who the QB is, the Oline needs to improve

Not necessarily "pass up". Absolutely MUST still get a really good one in 1st or 2nd. A blessing there's many this year.

Trading down might be a solution to get *(both)* OL AND WR. The reality is that good linemen are not exclusively found in the first round, and the WR depth this year is pretty good...

I mean if they are really going to ride into this year with Foles/AD, they better get the O-line right, and set it up for the future.

1000% agree that OT is critically important. It's known this class of OTs is very strong. Apparently so is WR and CB?. All three are top needs in addition to QB. Seems that if there's a 5% drop off yet still getting a starter 5-8 spots later, wouldn't moving down + a 3rd would be great to plug 2 holes or add that developmental QB with the extra pick!?

I want OT to be priority in 1st or 2nd. No matter which, so long as the pick can start at LT immediately and surpass Leno's proven basement low bar production.

I defer to you guys to dissect the OT, WR, & CB prospects and whether moving down would really mean a significant drop in talent, if any?

PickSix

Liked Posts:
What ever happened to that Omeletpants guy? This was his favorite subject.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Usually trading down is just wishful thinking and rarely ever occurs. Its still fun to dream about, and I usually entertain the idea, but this year its not even worth pondering.

To me there is a 90% probability we trade up. And 9.99% we pick at #20. I think Pace will be working the phones to try and find a way to into the top 10
I imagine him being persistent about moving up even if it means overpaying to only go up 5 spots or so just so he can get a top 5 QB. Once the top 3 go, the panic will ensue. I think Trey Lance and Mac Jones will be the targets.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The #20 pick everyone on CCS would hate but would be a hell of a addition to this team. I can get behind it even knowing QB and T are bigger needs.

Who are you kidding, whoever we take at 20, every homer on this board will call him the steal of the day !!!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Who are you kidding, whoever we take at 20, every homer on this board will call him the steal of the day !!!

Well there isn't many homers left on this board so maybe we keep the haters out of the homers thread which should be easy cause they'll all be in the many many threads that will be made about what Pace should of done with that pick. Lots of crying, whining and dick ripping going on in those many threads.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Take Bateman or an OT.

The offense needs talent, just add it and do not get cute.

• Love
Reactions: DC

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
If Bears draft D in 1st round, so many dicks will be ripped. Utter tragedy