Trade down from #20?

Trade down from #20?

• Total voters

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
What all the non-idiots said, stay pat and draft a monster on the offensive line. A "rich draft in later rounds" is what people say when their team drafts outside the top 15.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, don't we have three 6th round picks? Go crazy then.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
In a year where the salary cap is limited, it would make sense to try and fill as many roster spots as possible with draft picks, but that has not been Pace's MO. Drafting as late as we are in the first round would typically mean that we are not getting a first rounder this year in return. A trading partner could very well be a team that wants to jump back into the first round for a specific player....

Pace has forfeited the opportunity for the last two years to pick in the first round....he is going to want to take his shot.

Pace might be on the hot seat, so I doubt he is going to do what is right for the future of the Bears, he will do what is right for his future and I think that is by trying to make a splash in the first round....

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well there isn't many homers left on this board so maybe we keep the haters out of the homers thread which should be easy cause they'll all be in the many many threads that will be made about what Pace should of done with that pick. Lots of crying, whining and dick ripping going on in those many threads.

So you're ignoring the Trubisky and Shaheen threads of the past.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Take Bateman or an OT.

The offense needs talent, just add it and do not get cute.
A deep class for both, but I would take the OT who can replace Leno every time. There is some real good WR talent in the mid rounds. I believe it’s harder to find a bonfide OT starter in those rounds.

However, I think he will trade up into the top 10 for either Lance or Jones.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I think it really depends on how the QBs fall. If Pace can't get one of the top 5 QBs, and still wants one (which I think he does), a trade down makes sense. Trask or Mond aren't first round selections but both may not necessarily be there at 53.

For instance, our 20th pick is roughly worth a very early 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

You could draft a RT with your early 2nd and trade your early 3rd or 4th to move up from 53 and grab a QB. And you still have another pick or 2 of the top 100 players.

If you aren't in love with Trask or Mond, then you do probably take the best OT available at 20 and call it a day.