Trade Talks with Islanders

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
leddy? im not sure who may go and who the hell are we going to get?

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow yea I wonder who'd we get but it will be a defensemen.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Disclaimer- Eklund has been (by my count) right - 1 time in the past 3 or 4 years I even knew about the guy when it concerned the Hawks - that being said - - well, no I don't buy it, and will believe it when I see it -as it is still Eklund.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I hope they trade Scott... won't happen though.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Disclaimer- Eklund has been (by my count) right - 1 time in the past 3 or 4 years I even knew about the guy when it concerned the Hawks - that being said - - well, no I don't buy it, and will believe it when I see it -as it is still Eklund.

Yeah but this still provides disussion, and from what I heard Streit isn't anywhere near ready to come back, so they are looking for some help on D.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
I got logged out editing my original post- but since, there has been a couple of posts since that time- this probably works better as its own post.

but the deal involves a defenseman coming to the Islanders, who continue to impress early.

Well, I'm not sure which one that might be, as what exactly does "impress" mean? Performing better than expected? Which could mean a couple of guys ( Cullimore, Boynton, maybe even Scott - only in that he isn't minus kajillion) Or is it really "impressive" - which seems to narrow it down to pretty much no one... and make it more Eklund bullshit.

-Edited to add: - though the odd part is -is that it wouldn't be a bad move, if you could get Leddy in to the lineup again - from what I understand, Leddy, being a right handed shot- the team also wanted Leddy to be getting significant playing time in at right D instead of left D (where I read) that they had him. -So who would be a right d, playing better than expected (if not "impressive" - which would clear some cap room? ) .

Last edited:

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I got logged out editing my original post- but since, there has been a couple of posts since that time- this probably works better as its own post.

Well, I'm not sure which one that might be, as what exactly does "impress" mean? Performing better than expected? Which could mean a couple of guys ( Cullimore, Boynton, maybe even Scott - only in that he isn't minus kajillion) Or is it really "impressive" - which seems to narrow it down to pretty much no one... and make it more Eklund bullshit.

-Edited to add: - though the odd part is -is that it wouldn't be a bad move, if you could get Leddy in to the lineup again - from what I understand, Leddy, being a right handed shot- the team also wanted Leddy to be getting significant playing time in at right D instead of left D (where I read) that they had him. -So who would be a right d, playing better than expected (if not "impressive" - which would clear some cap room? ) .

Hes talking about the Islanders team who were not projected to be where they are right now.

Also if the deal involves moving a Hendry to bring up Leddy, and send Cullimore down i'm all for it. Also getting a pick inreturn wouldn't be bad for hendry, also the Isles have some friendly cap hits who could play a role too.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Canadiens and Canucks Talk, Hawks and Islanders Too
Think these are true? What makes me question this is its rumored Campbell may be back this weekend and all of a sudden talks with the Islanders, for a D-man, hmmmm? :confused:

If they are true, I think it is probably Hendry. Doubt the Islanders take Scott, or Cullimore

If it were Hendry, I'd think he'd be playing more, unless the point of the return is more/future financial flexibility. But you're definitely right about him being the odd man out atm.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
according to tbo yandle is on the block. cheap salary and is a FA next year. and i agree 100percent with TBO that yandle would get more love if he wasnt a yote.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If so, then Stan Bowman is on a heavy dose of drugs.

Scott/Cullimore. :rolling:

remember not to blame shit on stan bowman, he is just a puppet in this game. dig deeper, any blame for any moves here on out are on scotty. period.