Trade Talks with Islanders

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd kill to get that 7 mil + off the books.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if anything we get a draft pick or picks, maybe some type of prospect.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Hes talking about the Islanders team who were not projected to be where they are right now.

Also if the deal involves moving a Hendry to bring up Leddy, and send Cullimore down i'm all for it. Also getting a pick in return wouldn't be bad for hendry, also the Isles have some friendly cap hits who could play a role too.

Ok right - I appreciate the clarification. Would moving Hendry allow the room to bring up Leddy? Plus, if the team is wanting Leddy to play RD - moving Hendry wouldn't do that, since Hendry is sitting -so it becomes what is more valuable- having Leddy in the lineup playing LD at the NHL level, or playing the RD spot which (supposedly the team wants him to focus on) ?

Darn it - now I've done it and have to go and look up who is where....

Ok - the current RD corps ...

Seabrook
Boynton
Cullimore

w/ Campbell coming back soon, so to me that ... well, I suppose it could be anyone - would they give up on Seabrook? I don't know ... but I suppose Boynton or Cullimore could be moved -it might make more sense.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
If we trade with the Islanders, my guess would be Milan Jurcina...perfect Sopel-esque type player for the 3rd pairing, and only a 1mil cap hit

Hendry, prospect
for
Jurcina, 1st or 2nd round pick

SIGN ME UP!

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I doubt we take anyone back. We can trade Hendry and send down Cullimore, then call up Leddy. Our D would look something like this
Keith~~Seabrook
Hammer~~Campbell
Boynton~~Leddy
Scott

Last edited by a moderator:

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Matt Moulson would be a nice addition for the 2nd line. (LW)

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
according to tbo yandle is on the block. cheap salary and is a FA next year. and i agree 100percent with TBO that yandle would get more love if he wasnt a yote.

Yotes would want a king's ransom for Yandle. I like the idea, but it would take an awful lot.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Yotes would want a king's ransom for Yandle. I like the idea, but it would take an awful lot.

the papers out here saying they want a top 6 forward...

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
the papers out here saying they want a top 6 forward...

Ok, but common sense tells me Kopecky or Brouwer doesn't get that deal done. So that leaves Toews, Kane, Hoss, and Sharp. Are you comfortable with moving one of them?

Who else is really considered a top 6 (and I realize I was being loose with the names above)? Rat? One of the kids?

Last edited:

Matthew

Liked Posts:
Keith Yandle is one of the most underrated players in the league, he is good enough to bump Seabrook and play on our top pairing. Coyotes are not going to give him up for nothing right now and will probably wait until the deadline to get more value for him.

Either way Eklund is pure bullshit most of the time and until a reliable source states otherwise I would act like nothing is in the works. Also I don't know of any defensemen "impressing" early on from the Hawks that would be moved. Maybe if it is true Brian Connelly is the player?

Last edited:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
all i know is tbo, skille wont be a scratch all the time like you stated.

Matthew

Liked Posts:
a complete hypothetical here, but does a skille and beach get it done?

I think right now that would get it done, but why trade for a top defensemen who is going to command a good sized contract after this season (He will still be an RFA but he will get a large offer sheet). Stan Bowman is already in talks about getting a Seabrook deal done (I think Yandle is a better player but Seabrook is not going anywhere even thought he is overrated and is going to be over paid). That has our top 4 locked up, then we have Leddy, Olsen, Vishnevskiy, Connelly, and Lalonde in our system. Keith Yandle would really help out the team right now but once Campbell returns he does not significantly upgrade anyone that plays real minuets.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
a complete hypothetical here, but does a skille and beach get it done?

Tough question, but there are other factors involved. I think Yandle is a stud, but I don't think I make that deal without moving Seabrook, Campbell (who is a bitch to move), or Hammer (who cannot be moved). The reason why is I don't think any of these guys (well, besides Keith) who would benefit from a significant decrease in minutes as they'd be demoted. And in Keith's case, the significant decrease would be too significant, so that's not happening nor does he deserve that demotion. So, that pretty much leaves Seabs. I would consider flipping Seabrook somewhere else to replace the top 6 forward moved for Yandle, but that'd be a tough move to do and now we're dismantling our top 2 who have fantastic chemistry together.

I also don't think Phoenix is interested in Skille and Beach. Plus, I haven't read about their ownership predicament lately to know where they stand in terms of $.

I'm also not a huge fan of "superteams" as our defense corps would become by adding a defenseman of his stature without subtracting one. They simply don't work in the NHL and it's been proven in the recent past, before there was a salary cap (granted, more so in terms of forwards)...but you know this already.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tough question, but there are other factors involved. I think Yandle is a stud, but I don't think I make that deal without moving Seabrook, Campbell (who is a bitch to move), or Hammer (who cannot be moved). The reason why is I don't think any of these guys (well, besides Keith) who would benefit from a significant decrease in minutes as they'd be demoted. And in Keith's case, the significant decrease would be too significant, so that's not happening nor does he deserve that demotion. So, that pretty much leaves Seabs. I would consider flipping Seabrook somewhere else to replace the top 6 forward moved for Yandle, but that'd be a tough move to do and now we're dismantling our top 2 who have fantastic chemistry together.

I also don't think Phoenix is interested in Skille and Beach. Plus, I haven't read about their ownership predicament lately to know where they stand in terms of $.

I'm also not a huge fan of "superteams" as our defense corps would become by adding a defenseman of his stature without subtracting one. They simply don't work in the NHL and it's been proven in the recent past, before there was a salary cap (granted, more so in terms of forwards)...but you know this already.

you are right, it was just a hypothetical. i think campbell coming back is going to make a huge difference.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
I'm going to back out of this thread unless someone like Dreger starts talking about it. Actually I guess I'll write that for anything from this source. If something comes of it, great- then I can reassess the source's credibility.

More of a personal reminder if anything