Trade up price..

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Texans and Chiefs both give up a first rounder next year, we give up a third, so, I'm notterribly upset.

I just hope he works out.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Texans and Chiefs both give up a first rounder next year, we give up a third, so, I'm notterribly upset.

I just hope he works out.

Both of those teams jumped up multiple spots, not 1. The Bears are in a "rebuild" yet they give up 3 picks to jump up 1 spot for a back-up QB. They tried to sell MG to us, obviously they lied. Pace lied about drafting the BPA.

I'm not really upset about the pick but the cost to just 1 spot is an epic terrible mind fuck.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
KC and Hou both gave up 520, figuring middle round pick next year, equivalent to 38th pick.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
Both of those teams jumped up multiple spots, not 1. The Bears are in a "rebuild" yet they give up 3 picks to jump up 1 spot for a back-up QB. They tried to sell MG to us, obviously they lied. Pace lied about drafting the BPA.

I'm not really upset about the pick but the cost to just 1 spot is an epic terrible mind fuck.

they tried to sell you on MG? they sold me that he's a bridge qb that they signed to a frontloaded contract so they can cut and run as soon as next year. 1st rd qb was in the cards this whole time.

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
We'll see exactly what they gave up when the 67 and 111 picks roll around.... I'm willing to bet we could've gotten a really good TE and CB prospect

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
they tried to sell you on MG? they sold me that he's a bridge qb that they signed to a frontloaded contract so they can cut and run as soon as next year. 1st rd qb was in the cards this whole time.

You obviously haven't listen to Pace after he signed MG.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
trading up for mahomes and watson were terrible moves imo. watson might suck but at least the texans have nothing to lose, but trading up to take mahomes top ten when you have a 32 year old QB with plenty left is fucking weird, considering i find it hard to believe that they love the kid so much that they didnt think theyd come across at least one other qb they like just as much, that could be had in a later round, at some point in the next few years. i liked the kid as a second or third round pick with upside, but theres plenty of those types. top ten? thats crazy.

and what some people are ignoring or failing to realize is that pace probably knew he was giving sf a really good deal and likely got on the phone with them before anyone else could and said heres a deal, take it or leave it, but once we hang up its off the table, with the intention of it being too good for the niners to risk losing out on in the hope of another team offering more.

CNiel36

Liked Posts:
The value was just right. Browns were trying to move up for MT. I was against going QB early, but I have to say I am xcited to see what we have. A great QB curses a lot of woes, see Eagles and Bucs.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm a bit surprised by this one, but it adds up as one of the many ways things could've gone. I've very glad they kept hold of 34 early tomorrow. That is essentially another 1st Rd. pick in this draft.

Seems like a high risk but highest ceiling of the QBs. Only 49s know if the smoke about Mitch(ell) at #2 was legit or not. Likely smoke OR perhaps they gambled that we'd go Salomon or Adams & it backfired on them. Sucks that we'll never know!! Interesting how polarizing these moves can be within the same outcome.

Seems likely they shop for a trade down tomorrow however. Moved down in 2nd and get that 3rd back (obviously TBD on who's left on their board & if the deal's right).

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Pace only drafts well in the first second and fifth rounds anyway so no loss to us!!!