Tribune 5 Observations from first day of rookie mini camp

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...arrith-white-emanuel-hall-20190504-story.html

15 second Summary since I don't want to post the full article here for copyright reasons:
1. Rookie/tryout Kickers sucked, be patient

2. Kerrith Whyte and Emmanuel Hall have legitimate speed that shows up on the football field.

3. Whyte and Matt Forte had dinner.

4. Riley Ridley working to try and make a good impression.

5. Undrafted tight-end Dax Raymond spent two years in Vladivostok, Russia and learned Russian, and thus feels confident he can pick up the playbook.
Literally only 1 of the 5 observations makes me excited about our rookie class. Sad!

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I really hope Adam Shaheen manages to be somebody this season. Or, ever. In his Bears career

At this point I'm hoping he stays healthy and becomes a solid in-line blocking tight end. Obviously not ideal for a 2nd round pick, but better than nothing. It's easy to write him off, but thanks to the injury he's hardly been on the field.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I feel like it might be time to give Matt Bryant a call.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
This should have been a non-issue 5 years ago now. When Fox was HC and the team clearly was garbage, the kicker was Connor Barth. Why? Bears should have given the reigns to some UDFA that won a camp battle and then let him develop. Things would be a ton better right now even if said kicker was average.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
What would you do differently?
Hire a full time coach to assist the ST coach with the unit that is responsible for 1/3 of the teams points?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Hire a full time coach to assist the ST coach with the unit that is responsible for 1/3 of the teams points?
So it doesn't matter what hes currently doing, it's only the title he gets that matters to you?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
So it doesn't matter what hes currently doing, it's only the title he gets that matters to you?
What matters to me is results and the teams that have placed a coach on the staff to focus on the kicking game exclusively have had positive results in the kicking game... If Jamie Kohl gets results without being a "coach" just a consultant, then I am fine with that, but I'm still not sure if a Consultant can be on the field during the game to help make any adjustment that might need to take place.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because of the Bears lack of depth and receiving ability at TE, Dax Raymond may have the best chance of any of the UDFA in the league to make the team.