TRU is Wentz 2.0

BPo001

Liked Posts:
"They aren't the same player, but Trubisky -- like Wentz -- has shown flashes of brilliant play during his six pro starts."

Might want to edit that thread title.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
I think the better comparison is Wentz being Aaron Rodgers 2.0

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As for Trubs being Wentz, nah. Wentz is his own man and not Rodgers either. He's a bigger stronger guy than either of the other 2.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it’s a better comparison then Trubs/Goff but still not perfect.

Goff looked overwhelmed a lot last year. I haven’t seen that from Trubs. He’s made mistakes but has never looked like he didn’t belong imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it’s a better comparison then Trubs/Goff but still not perfect.

Goff looked overwhelmed a lot last year. I haven’t seen that from Trubs. He’s made mistakes but has never looked like he didn’t belong imo.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000881733/article/doug-pederson-mitchell-trubisky-can-be-wentz-20

The Eagles found a way to rebuild in 2 yrs. Can the Bears finally make the final step next year?!?
Yes the Bears can, and in the same way the Eagles did, by revamping the passing game in the offseason. Eagles brought in Jeffery and Smith in free agency, to go along with Ertz, and Agholor who developed in his third year.
Now the Bears have to use both Free agency and the draft to upgrade at wr and continue to develop Shaheen this year.

As for Wentz and Trubisky. Their numbers over the same period of time are very close. Wentz in games 5-10, 4 td's 6 int's 12 sacks. Trubisky's six starts 4 td's, 2 int's, 17 sacks.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Whether we're making the comparison to Goff or Wentz, the comparison we need to be making is the coaching staff around our young QB. One is needed that has offensive background to develop our young franchise QB.

The other comparison we need to make is to the GM. Ours, like both the Rams and Eagles did, needs to surround Trubisky with play makers. The Rams added Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp and a solid LT in Andrew Whitworth. The Eagles added Alshon, Torrey Smith and Jay Ajayi. Mr. Biscuit needs help.

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:
Wentz has a much better support system in Doug Pederson and Frank Reich, both of whom played QB in the NFL and John DeFilippo, who all together have a lot more experience in developing quarterbacks. Hopefully we get a similar regime to bring out Trubisky's true potential. Kid has a really high ceiling.

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
Each player is his own guy. I think Trubs has shown enough growth throughout the season to be optimistic about him taking the next step in 2018, barring injury. A lot of his problems stem for simple inexperience and I look forward to seeing what he can do with a full offseason of working with the 1's.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
61Nx3X-4whL.jpg

A classic ^

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Meh, sounds mostly like a coach blowing smoke up the upcoming oppositing team’s ass rather than an honest, objective evaluation of Trubisky.

I wouldn't go as far as Wentz, Trubs never showed that much, but I'd say he looks like a better version of Goff. We'll know for sure next season, provided the Bears improve the talent and coaching.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
First, I was a fan of Wentz. I watched him play the Bears his first year and knew the kid was legit. Then they gave him some boss weapons even got Jeffery. And yeah he's lighting it up.
Trubisky is in the same vein as Wentz however there are some modifiers. Mitch is a lesser developed talent coming into the NFL. At least a year behind. Wentz has a better surrounding cast in receivers and coaches to further his development while Mitch has a boss run game the receiver situation is pathetic and well the coaching his suspect (if i'm being nice). And the Bears would have to nail a number 1 receiver to even make a big leap next year. Simply having healthy receiver will bump his numbers. But I see Mitch being Wentz-like in 3-4 years depending on how much this staff retards his growth and gives him talent.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mitch will ball out year 2. Not a doubt in my mind