HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wentz is on pace for 4000 yards and 40-8 in TD/INT. That's in his SECOND season. Those numbers are already Rodgers-like.

Not that I am trying to take anything away from the kid but on pace doesn't mean its going to happen nor does it mean sustained success. I would make an Aaron Rodgers comparison when the kid maintains that PROJECTED season output for a couple of years at least. The NFL has a knack for figuring out offenses and humbling them with a year of film to analyze.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not seeing the correlation here. These 2 things are not alike. Plus the Bears coaching staff is far from settled. Trubisky will be in a new system next year.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
61Nx3X-4whL.jpg

A classic ^

finally...somebody gets the reference

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Whether we're making the comparison to Goff or Wentz, the comparison we need to be making is the coaching staff around our young QB. One is needed that has offensive background to develop our young franchise QB.

The other comparison we need to make is to the GM. Ours, like both the Rams and Eagles did, needs to surround Trubisky with play makers. The Rams added Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp and a solid LT in Andrew Whitworth. The Eagles added Alshon, Torrey Smith and Jay Ajayi. Mr. Biscuit needs help.
I agree with this. 2017 is all about getting Tru up to NFL speed. In 2018 it's all about building around Mich, coaching, weapons, oline. The list is long, but Pace has the draft enough cap space in free agency to get whatever he needs.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd agree except...

Mitch will likely be learning a new offense and starting over next year.

Experience this year will help Mitch, but even the greats need systematic consistency to really command an offense.

Think of how good Wentz will be once Alshon picks his game up from current mediocre stats... scary if he stays there.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Wentz is on pace for 4000 yards and 40-8 in TD/INT. That's in his SECOND season. Those numbers are already Rodgers-like.

Instead of crowning him after this season, how about we wait and see if he can do it consistently?

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I have a novel concept: quit sayign he's the next coming of...

Trubisky is Trubisky 1.0.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears

How about we give him a few more years instead of 3/4 of one before we compare him to Rodgers?

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears

How bout we give him a few more years instead of 3/4 of one before we compare him to Rodgers???

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
First, I was a fan of Wentz. I watched him play the Bears his first year and knew the kid was legit. Then they gave him some boss weapons even got Jeffery. And yeah he's lighting it up.
Trubisky is in the same vein as Wentz however there are some modifiers. Mitch is a lesser developed talent coming into the NFL. At least a year behind. Wentz has a better surrounding cast in receivers and coaches to further his development while Mitch has a boss run game the receiver situation is pathetic and well the coaching his suspect (if i'm being nice). And the Bears would have to nail a number 1 receiver to even make a big leap next year. Simply having healthy receiver will bump his numbers. But I see Mitch being Wentz-like in 3-4 years depending on how much this staff retards his growth and gives him talent.

Not to mention that Wentz is a physical beast.