TRU is Wentz 2.0

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Very good breakdown. I suspect that if this beat writer knows that Mitch has trouble throwing to his left (we all heard this pre/post draft), and apparently the Bears love the dig route....then the Eagles D knows all about it. I feel like this game is either going to be a minor step back for Trubisky or a big step forward. Schwartz is going to send a lot of blitzes. He can afford to do that since his CBs are playing well and he has one of the league's best FS's in the middle of the field. Trubisky is going to either get rid of the ball quickly and allow his guys to run after the catch or he's going to hold onto the ball too long and take a lot of sacks or throw picks. Gotta find the TEs and Cohen on mismatches today.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Very good breakdown. I suspect that if this beat writer knows that Mitch has trouble throwing to his left (we all heard this pre/post draft), and apparently the Bears love the dig route....then the Eagles D knows all about it. I feel like this game is either going to be a minor step back for Trubisky or a big step forward. Schwartz is going to send a lot of blitzes. He can afford to do that since his CBs are playing well and he has one of the league's best FS's in the middle of the field. Trubisky is going to either get rid of the ball quickly and allow his guys to run after the catch or he's going to hold onto the ball too long and take a lot of sacks or throw picks. Gotta find the TEs and Cohen on mismatches today.

Loggains needs to adjust in game to the pressure if it comes. More read option will be huge in killing the blitz, as it did against Detroit.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Tru is Glennon 2.0

As silly as this is, it's nice to see a small one-post break in the rabid homerism that seems to be abound these days.

Wentz is probably the league MVP this year. There is absolutely nothing whatsoever about Mitch Trubisky that suggests MVP potential. Yeah he might be good, he might just be average, but comparing him with legit elite players at this point is just absurd.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Mitchell Trubisky reminds me of a young Von Miller.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
As silly as this is, it's nice to see a small one-post break in the rabid homerism that seems to be abound these days.

Wentz is probably the league MVP this year. There is absolutely nothing whatsoever about Mitch Trubisky that suggests MVP potential. Yeah he might be good, he might just be average, but comparing him with legit elite players at this point is just absurd.
You gotta admit though that 2016 Wentz is a lot like 2017 Trubisky. Next year who knows what Mich will look like. Time will tell.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You gotta admit though that 2016 Wentz is a lot like 2017 Trubisky. Next year who knows what Mich will look like. Time will tell.

2016 Wentz started out like an MVP in his first 3 games and then kept looking worse and worse and worse every single game until he was just plain awful. Please refer me to the similarities.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:

It's been a nice break from the rabid hatred from emo posters around here actually.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
lmfao, Trubisky is Crap!!! wasted draft pick!

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
Trubisky reminds me of a young Kris Bryant in a football uniform trying to play quarterback for an NFL team.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Trubisky reminds me of a young kevin white.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In this game, Trubisky did unfortunately look like 2016 Carson Wentz.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Trubisky reminds me of a cold beer on a Friday night. A pair of jeans that fit just right.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
maybe a better comparison would be to call him Goff 2.0..

Goff first 7 games..
112 of 205, 54.6%, 1,089yds, 5.3avg, 5TD 7INT 63.6 rate

Trubiskys first 7

94 of 178, 52.8% 1,135yards, 6.4 avg 4TD 4INT 70.8 rate

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
2016 Wentz started out like an MVP in his first 3 games and then kept looking worse and worse and worse every single game until he was just plain awful. Please refer me to the similarities.

Trubisky has already had two games with a lower rating than Wentz's worst game last year.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Trubisky is not Wentz. That said, it looks like Wentz is the next Brady or Rogers...a better comp for Trubisky is Stafford, if you look back at Staffords rookie year. Similar lower completion %. Mitch doesn't have Stafford's arm strength but Mitch is a better athlete/more mobile.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Never understand the need for these parallels. They are all different guys in different situations.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
I'm worried about his lack of pocket awareness and footwork, also, at time he has that "deer in the headlights" look, when you basically know next pass will be an incompletion.

For the sake of Pace and complete Bears franchise, this better change in 2018, and hopefully it will with proper coaching staff and higher quality wideouts.