Trubisky’s stats vs Wentz through 16 games...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
How many college games did wentz play how many did trubisky ?

their attempts were similar over their career....at this point the pro-game experience is probably taken over any college stats....

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To play devil’s advocate, Carson also played in a competent modern offense for all 16 games though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trubisky also started with Fox and Friends and then a second playbook this year......

argument can be made both ways

Wentz had 0 games with Bowel Logends as his OC and Josh Bellamy as his primary receiver.

More reasons why it's dumb to compare the two.

Very different situations.

Wentz, starting off the second season, was much better than Trubisky has been. Probably for the reasons you all stated. Probably because he's better. Idk.

In their rookie year, Wentz also looked better than Trubisky did. Maybe it was the offense. maybe it's because Wentz is better. Idk.

We'll find out in time.

Looking at the first 16 games of one guy over two seasons and comparing it to another guy's rookie year is just pointless.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Side note, Wentz's first 4 games of year 2 [his 2nd season in the system] were not a lot better than Mitch's first 4 [his first in the system].

Wentz [2nd season in the system and with the weapons] 61% 1058 yards, 6 TDs, 2 INT

Trubisky 70%, 945 yards, 9* TDs, 3 INT

The Tampa game doesn't count...our WRs were too open....why do I have to keep repeating myself

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Side note, Wentz's first 4 games of year 2 [his 2nd season in the system] were not a lot better than Mitch's first 4 [his first in the system].

Wentz [2nd season in the system and with the weapons] 61% 1058 yards, 6 TDs, 2 INT

Trubisky 70%, 945 yards, 9 TDs, 3 INT

I'm looking beyond stats. Trubs looked absolutely awful in his first three games. His completion percentage is so high because they kept throwing sceens. Wentz looked much better.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Trubisky's first year is tossed out in my mind. It was simply on field time and nothing more. Our offense last year was a joke and no one would have succeeded in that situation. That being said, I expect average QB play from Trubisky the rest of this year.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm looking beyond stats. Trubs looked absolutely awful in his first three games. His completion percentage is so high because they kept throwing sceens. Wentz looked much better.

first three games of Wentz's second season

72 passes 10 yards or less at 62% of all his pass attempts

first 3 games of Trubiskys second year

68 passes 10 yards or less at 65% of his total passes

that is pretty fucking close to the same amount

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Sorry but that's not true. "Absolutely awful" is Craig Krenzel, Jonathan Quinn, Henry Burris, Will Furrer, Moses Moreno, Rick Mirer and other assorted clowns that have played QB for the Bears.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
first three games of Wentz's second season

72 passes 10 yards or less at 62% of all his pass attempts

first 3 games of Trubiskys second year

68 passes 10 yards or less at 65% of his total passes

that is pretty fucking close to the same amount

but he's looking beyond the stats though

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Always a nice time to make such comparison right after a fluky game against a dead D to boost his stats real quick. I still think Trubisky is fool's gold at this point. The knee jerkers always put too much emphasis on the last game played.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Always a nice time to make such comparison right after a fluky game against a dead D to boost his stats real quick. I still think Trubisky is fool's gold at this point. The knee jerkers always put too much emphasis on the last game played.

Oh the irony...

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I don’t give a fuck how he compares to Wentz or anyone else. Kid could fucking throw 9 interceptions all game but throw the game winning touchdown every game, I’m ok with that. I don’t give a damn how they do it, as long as they win. If that means he throws 6 TDs, great. If that means he throws 2 in another game and we win, great. If that means he throws 0 TDs and the defense and running game had to carry the load, fucking great. Just win, no matter what. Fuck all that comparing. So many QBs have had their stats compared to the greats and 97% haven’t even came close to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry but that's not true. "Absolutely awful" is Craig Krenzel, Jonathan Quinn, Henry Burris, Will Furrer, Moses Moreno, Rick Mirer and other assorted clowns that have played QB for the Bears.
Remember Chad Hutchinson's 3 TD game? Mirer did it too. Others mentioned were never projected as starters. It's all just a fluke til a pattern is shown.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Remember Chad Hutchinson's 3 TD game? Mirer did it too. Others mentioned were never projected as starters. It's all just a fluke til a pattern is shown.

So you agree with the OP that he was absolutely awful the first three games of the year?

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:
The Tampa game doesn't count...our WRs were too open....why do I have to keep repeating myself

Because it's an idiot's conjecture. You can say Trubisky had a good day because he wasn't blitzed or hardly pressured, but Trubisky made some throws (like the TD to Robinson) that would have worked against a good defense. All QBs throw to wide open WRs. Watch Mahomes first 3 games. Watch Rodgers. We've seen Trubisky miss wide open WRs in the past, and this time he didn't miss. You'd have to be blind not to see Trubisky played an excellent game. If you throw 5 TDs in a half, it doesn't matter if you're doing it against the worst defense in the league. That's impressive no matter what. Going forward, I'd like to see Trubisky do better against the blitz and while pressured- if he can keep his footwork tamed in those situations, he showed how good he can be last Sunday.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
At some point a QB hits a ceiling and doesn't get consistently better.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

If you're judging by current NFL QB standards, yes, he was awful. He had one of the worst ratings for a starting QB through 3 weeks. He was sub 80... which is awful in today's NFL.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL @ the mental gymnastics you're going through to avoid a simple truth. Bad defenses have existed since the beginning of football. Yet only a few have ever managed to pass for 6 touchdowns in a game. Never mind 5 in a half. Its not crowning his ass. Its being blown away by way they went from week 3's offense to week 4's offense and the extreme jump in his personal performance.

But, I mean, do you boo boo. Do you.

Reactions: Myk