Trubisky’s stats vs Wentz through 16 games...

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL @ the mental gymnastics you're going through to avoid a simple truth. Bad defenses have existed since the beginning of football. Yet only a few have ever managed to pass for 6 touchdowns in a game. Never mind 5 in a half. Its not crowning his ass. Its being blown away by way they went from week 3's offense to week 4's offense and the extreme jump in his personal performance.

But, I mean, do you boo boo. Do you.

wth are you talking about?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do you normally make arguments against an argument that someone never made?

No but its fun when you counter nonsense with nonsense. See how that works?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
the thread needs a compass

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No but its fun when you counter nonsense with nonsense. See how that works?

Me: It's dumb to compare them because your comparing a QB in two seasons to a QB in one season. Also, Wentz performed better.

You: Yeah but just because Tampa's defense sucks doesn't mean Trubisky's performance wasn't great!

Point out where I said it wasn't an impressive game. You were literally arguing against something I never said. Stop being stupid.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Me: It's dumb to compare them because your comparing a QB in two seasons to a QB in one season. Also, Wentz performed better.

You: Yeah but just because Tampa's defense sucks doesn't mean Trubisky's performance wasn't great!

Point out where I said it wasn't an impressive game. You were literally arguing against something I never said. Stop being stupid.

How can you say 1 played than the other if they have pretty much the same damn stats over 16 games? What are you basing it off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Ehh... I wouldn't compare them in that way.

Trubisky's first 16 games spans over two seasons in which he had two offseasons to learn how the NFL works. Wentz's first 16 happened all in the first year.

Wentz' first 4 games of his second season were much better than Trubisky's.

So.....Wentz had one offseason to learn his coach's system. Trubisky had two offseasons to learn two systems, and unlearn one. But somehow, that was an advantage.

Bears fans. :obama:

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How can you say 1 played than the other if they have pretty much the same damn stats over 16 games? What are you basing it off?

Didn't you read? He's "looking beyond stats."

You know, that nebulous territory where apparently no one can venture into therefore making his argument infallible. :yep:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So.....Wentz had one offseason to learn his coach's system. Trubisky had two offseasons to learn two systems, and unlearn one. But somehow, that was an advantage.

Bears fans. :obama:

It's an advantage when it comes to reading NFL defenses and knowing how to prep for games.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Did you watch Wentz play? He played better than Trubisky. That's not saying he played amazing, but Trubisky was missing guys left and right and couldn't throw deep for shit. Wentz showed that he was capable of making any throw while showing composure consistently.

Ryan Fitzpatrick had some of the best stats through the first three weeks. Would you call him one of the best QB's in the game and compare him to Brees, Rodgers, etc? No. because they were just a few games, and if you watched, you would see that Fitz actually made a lot of terrible throws and was lucky he didn't get picked multiple times.

It's not all about the numbers when making comparisons.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Trubisky's first year is tossed out in my mind. It was simply on field time and nothing more. Our offense last year was a joke and no one would have succeeded in that situation. That being said, I expect average QB play from Trubisky the rest of this year.

Average QB play in 2018 is a passer rating of about 93.4. When Joe Montana retired, he had the all-time QB rating record for his career at 92.3. Average compared to the rest of the league would be good enough to potentially win this team a championship this year.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Did you watch Wentz play? He played better than Trubisky. That's not saying he played amazing, but Trubisky was missing guys left and right and couldn't throw deep for shit. Wentz showed that he was capable of making any throw while showing composure consistently.

Ryan Fitzpatrick had some of the best stats through the first three weeks. Would you call him one of the best QB's in the game and compare him to Brees, Rodgers, etc? No. because they were just a few games, and if you watched, you would see that Fitz actually made a lot of terrible throws and was lucky he didn't get picked multiple times.

It's not all about the numbers when making comparisons.

I wouldn't compare Fitz to Brees and Brady, as they all have a body of work greater than 10 seasons.

I wouldn't say Trubisky is better than Wentz based on stats you could throw a hat over, but the fact is, for all the criticism, and calling for Chase Daniels, Trubisky's stats are actually better. That doesn't mean he will end up better. It simply illustrates the fact that premature judging of QBs is stupid.

Somehow, though, you have determined that Wentz played better, in spite of the stats. Did you seriously watch Wentz's first 16 games? I didn't, so I couldn't say. But did you?

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wouldn't compare Fitz to Brees and Brady, as they all have a body of work greater than 10 seasons.

I wouldn't say Trubisky is better than Wentz based on stats you could throw a hat over, but the fact is, for all the criticism, and calling for Chase Daniels, Trubisky's stats are actually better. That doesn't mean he will end up better. It simply illustrates the fact that premature judging of QBs is stupid.

Somehow, though, you have determined that Wentz played better, in spite of the stats. Did you seriously watch Wentz's first 16 games? I didn't, so I couldn't say. But did you?

Not all 16, but I watched a lot of him. Like I said in another thread, Sunday Ticket is great. I'm not just a Bears fan, I'm an NFL fan and watch most teams equally.

Wentz LOOKED better than Trubisky. I don't think Wentz looked amazing in his rookie year by any means, although he did look great at the start. But watching him, you could see that he was going to be special. I didn't really see that from Trubisky until this past Sunday.

Also, that Fitz thing was just an example, and strictly about those three games. People were going crazy over how great Fitzpatrick played, but it really didn't mean much. The point I was making was that stats don't mean everything. If you watched those games, while Fitz obviously played well, he also made terrible decisions that could have cost his team the game but got lucky.

Wildest5

Liked Posts:
The Tampa game doesn't count........#skewed #tooeasy #alwaysopen

This is the exact reason I keep asking myself why I keep coming back here. 75% of all you posters are either trolls or just secretly fans of other teams.

Only reason I come here is to get quick news.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Average QB play in 2018 is a passer rating of about 93.4. When Joe Montana retired, he had the all-time QB rating record for his career at 92.3. Average compared to the rest of the league would be good enough to potentially win this team a championship this year.

What’s wrong with that? Carson eventually made his jump from where he was as a rookie to where he is now? It came during his second season too. I believe Mitch can make a jump too. Not necessarily that big but a jump nonetheless

Newblood

Liked Posts:
This is the exact reason I keep asking myself why I keep coming back here. 75% of all you posters are either trolls or just secretly fans of other teams.

Only reason I come here is to get quick news.

I was wondering why you was here. Now I know!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm looking beyond stats. Trubs looked absolutely awful in his first three games. His completion percentage is so high because they kept throwing sceens. Wentz looked much better.

Ah, the subjective eye test from games a year apart. More than likely didn’t watch all of those Eagles games or re-watch them.

Got it.

The only non-subjective thing we have is the actual stats.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Always a nice time to make such comparison right after a fluky game against a dead D to boost his stats real quick. I still think Trubisky is fool's gold at this point. The knee jerkers always put too much emphasis on the last game played.
If they're already crowning Trubisky as being as good or better than Wentz after his first good game, then for the comparison to stick, Trubisky better play at the level Wentz did for starts 17 thru 29 (at which point Wentz got injured).

That means he needs to play at an MVP level for the remainder of the season.

Let's see if that happens, or if this nauseating homer fest of a thread ends up looking as ridiculous as you and I think it will. Windy and xero in particular have gone right off the deep end into the kool-aid pool. Thank goodness we still have rational posters like Toast, BNB, and yourself to keep things grounded.

Last edited:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they're already crowning Trubisky as being as good or better than Wentz after his first good game, then for the comparison to stick, Trubisky better play at the level Wentz did for starts 17 thru 29 (at which point Wentz got injured).

That means he needs to play at an MVP level for the remainder of the season.

Let's see if that happens, or if this nauseating homer fest of a thread ends up looking as ridiculous as you and I think it will. Windy and xero in particular have gone right off the deep end into the kool-aid pool. Thank goodness we still have rational posters like Toast, BNB, and yourself to keep things grounded.

you are missing the point of what most people are saying when they compare the stats......

It is too early to tell what his consistent ceiling will be....

If someone has declared him a bust or the next coming they are just pulling shit out of their ass. None of us have a clue where Trubisky will wind up at the end of the day.