Trubisky’s stats vs Wentz through 16 games...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The discussion around how bad the Tampa defense is and how that adds "context" to Trubisky's big game I wanted to look at whether context needs to be added to more performances. If we are going to come after Mitch for hanging a big number on the Bucs, then we need to look at Mahomes under the same light.

*adjusted is removal of the Chiefs or Bears game against those defenses so you have a neutral ranking

Mahomes

1. Chargers: 28th in points against, 30 ppg, adjusted 27 ppg
2. San Francisco: 27th in ppg, 29.5 ppg, adjusted 27 ppg
3. Pittsburgh: 26th in ppg, 29 ppg, 25 adjusted ppg
4. Denver: 17th in ppg, 24.2 ppg, 23 adjusted ppg

Mahomes has destroyed bad defenses in 3/4 games and the 4th game was against a mediocre defense.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trubisky

1. Green Bay: 11th in ppg, 20.8 ppg, 19.5 adjusted ppg
2. Seattle: 9th in ppg, 20.2 ppg, 19 adjusted ppg
3. Arizona: 15th in ppg, 23.5 ppg, 25.2 adjusted ppg
4. Tampa Bay: 32nd in ppg, 35 ppg, 33.5 adjusted ppg

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The discussion around how bad the Tampa defense is and how that adds "context" to Trubisky's big game I wanted to look at whether context needs to be added to more performances. If we are going to come after Mitch for hanging a big number on the Bucs, then we need to look at Mahomes under the same light.

*adjusted is removal of the Chiefs or Bears game against those defenses so you have a neutral ranking

Mahomes

Mahomes has destroyed bad defenses in 3/4 games and the 4th game was against a mediocre defense.

Even if you remove the Chiefs big scoring numbers from those defenses resumes, but those defenses are giving up 25.5 points/game.

I agree. We need to see the body of work for Mahomes and Trubisky over the course of the full season to really judge either. Mahomes could very well come back down to earth big time. Trubisky could build off last week and play lights out the rest of the year. Nobody knows yet.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree. We need to see the body of work for Mahomes and Trubisky over the course of the full season to really judge either. Mahomes could very well come back down to earth big time. Trubisky could build off last week and play lights out the rest of the year. Nobody knows yet.

I just do not think people appreciate how crappy the defenses that Mahomes has played, even if you remove the Chiefs beat downs, those defenses are still getting destroyed for over 25 ppg.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Yes, I do see it more with Watson than with Trubisky so far, because he's played better. He's had multiple quality starts and has had high production. Trubisky has had far less quality starts and very poor production before the last game. For me to see Trubisky has having "it", I'll need to see more quality games. One breakout game, as phenomenally productive as it was, isn't enough.

I really don't see how this can viewed as unfair.

I saw not "it" with Grossman without even seeing him play much (before the 2005 regular season). Something about his motion grated on my nerves.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:

Mahomes

Denver's dline is pretty trash imo and the game plan vs mahomes was also trash.. That secondary held strong for most of the game it would be awesome to have a Chris Harris type of corner.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
When Trubs has a 2nd season as good as Wentz then let's revisit. These comparisons are stupid as you can find any number of QBs with similar stats to Wentz in his first season. Proves jack shit. What matters is what they do going forward not some comparison of 2 QBs with mediocre stats over 16 games.

Not sure why people can't just judge him on a game by game basis and then at the end of the season see how he stacks up.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
When Trubs has a 2nd season as good as Wentz then let's revisit. These comparisons are stupid as you can find any number of QBs with similar stats to Wentz in his first season. Proves jack shit. What matters is what they do going forward not some comparison of 2 QBs with mediocre stats over 16 games.

Not sure why people can't just judge him on a game by game basis and then at the end of the season see how he stacks up.

People look at it because it is affirmation that QB development is often slow and non-linear.

The fact that both Goff and Wentz were in a similar spot after 16 games is also affirmation that Trubisky is not some how miles behind some of his successful peers as some would have you believe.

It is the same reason we offer context to Mahomes number, who Trubisky is often compared to, because with more context you realize that while he has been awesome he has largely been bum slaying so far this season.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The fact that both Goff and Wentz were in a similar spot after 16 games is also affirmation that Trubisky is not some how miles behind some of his successful peers as some would have you believe.

This is true, but if we're to keep with this narrative, Trubisky has to play the rest of this season at the level Goff and Wentz played at last year. That means at a pro bowl level. If he doesn't, we really need to stop with this Goff and Wentz stuff.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is true, but if we're to keep with this narrative, Trubisky has to play the rest of this season at the level Goff and Wentz played at last year. That means at a pro bowl level. If he doesn't, we really need to stop with this Goff and Wentz stuff.

No, as per usual that is you twisting a clear point into your own story line. The comparison was simply to point out its stupid to pass sweeping judgments on a quarterback. Something your dumbass never seems to learn from. Ever.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
People look at it because it is affirmation that QB development is often slow and non-linear.

It is the same reason we offer context to Mahomes number, who Trubisky is often compared to, because with more context you realize that while he has been awesome he has largely been bum slaying so far this season.

Except it really isn't proof of anything. You can find QBs who had similar stats and continued to suck. Anyone with a brain understands any player can be hit or miss. There is really no need to force these dumb comparisons.

The people that say Trubs will suck don't actually believe it is impossible for him to improve. They are simply exaggerating because that is what people do. There is always a possibility he gets better and there is always a possibility he does not. Responding to obvious trolling with something like this is simply a waste of time.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
After Brady and Brees retire and Rodgers declines, I think Wentz will be standing at the top as the clear best QB in the NFL for a long time.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yes. He would need to consistently play well for the comparison to be valid.

To this point he is very similar. If he regresses back to an 80 rated passer over multiple games it will no longer be.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Except it really isn't proof of anything. You can find QBs who had similar stats and continued to suck. Anyone with a brain understands any player can be hit or miss. There is really no need to force these dumb comparisons.

The people that say Trubs will suck don't actually believe it is impossible for him to improve. They are simply exaggerating because that is what people do. There is always a possibility he gets better and there is always a possibility he does not. Responding to obvious trolling with something like this is simply a waste of time.

Combating the ridiculous narratives is all we have to do over the bye week.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
After Brady and Brees retire and Rodgers declines, I think Wentz will be standing at the top as the clear best QB in the NFL for a long time.

I think it will be Goff. Wentz is without a doubt more physically gifted however Goff has an unteachable ability to make ridiculous pin point throws with multiple different trajectories and velocities.

It's like a closer that has 5 different pitches as opposed to just two. He's always had this.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think it will be Goff. Wentz is without a doubt more physically gifted however Goff has an unteachable ability to make ridiculous pin point throws with multiple different trajectories and velocities.

It's like a closer that has 5 different pitches as opposed to just two. He's always had this.

I also think that McVay is going to be the best coach in the NFL for the next 30 years.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I also think that McVay is going to be the best coach in the NFL for the next 30 years.

Pump the brakes on that one. I would like to see how he fares when his Special person stacked team is no more.

That isn't to say I don't think he is one of the best player's coaches in the league right now. Because he is.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Xero's answer, speaking for Windy .....

No, as per usual that is you twisting a clear point into your own story line. The comparison was simply to point out its stupid to pass sweeping judgments on a quarterback. Something your dumbass never seems to learn from. Ever.

Windy's actual answer ....

Yes. He would need to consistently play well for the comparison to be valid.

To this point he is very similar. If he regresses back to an 80 rated passer over multiple games it will no longer be.

Thanks for the clarification. We're in agreement then. For this comparison to continue, Trubisky needs to play at a similar level as Wentz and Goff did last season.

And lol @ xero for looking like an angry, bitter twat as per usual.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Xero's answer, speaking for Windy .....

Windy's actual answer ....

Thanks for the clarification. We're in agreement then. For this comparison to continue, Trubisky needs to play at a similar level as Wentz and Goff did last season.

And lol @ xero for looking like an angry, bitter twat as per usual.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize that Windy spoke on behalf of the OP and Modo and everyone else that has been saying the same shit...

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize that Windy spoke on behalf of the OP and Modo and everyone else that has been saying the same shit...
The post you responded to (like an angry, bitter twat, as per usual) was in direct response to Windy's post. I asked him a direct question, which you answered for him. Wrongly.

No matter, he's answered my question now and we seem to be in agreement. You can go back to being an angry, bitter twat, as per usual.