Trubisky’s stats vs Wentz through 16 games...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
At this moment the comparison is very accurate.

For the projection, that we are hoping happens, based on the comparison Mitch needs to play at a high level. I think Goff/Wentz is a little unrealistic, but something in that ballpark would be good.

But this should put to end the ridiculous conversation of the things that Mitch cannot do, or the Rex Grossman conversations.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I also think that McVay is going to be the best coach in the NFL for the next 30 years.
Very well could be. Let's hope for our sake Nagy is at least involved in the conversation.

As for Goff, one thing that I left out was his ability to throw with ridiculous anticipation. He sees the field extremely well for any QB let alone a young one.

Trubs has shown some glimpses of really nice anticipation which is encouraging. Something guys like Cutler never had.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
At this moment the comparison is very accurate.

Except that Goff and Wentz are both very good from the get go last year. But we can overlook three games. If Mitch is similar to them from week 4 onwards, I'll agree with the comparison.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The post you responded to (like an angry, bitter twat, as per usual) was in direct response to Windy's post. I asked him a direct question, which you answered for him. Wrongly.

No matter, he's answered my question now and we seem to be in agreement. You can go back to being an angry, bitter twat, as per usual.

Actually, you made a statement which applies universally despite saying it to one person. So no. Not buying your bullshit or your attempted setup of a narrative.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Goff and Wentz continued to get better over their 2nd season. Not always good, but the sub 80 rating games were the exception not the norm.

This is what we need to see from Mitch. As he gets more comfortabe, as he gets a critical mass of reps, as Nagy develops the offense, as the weapons get on the same page, that he continues to personally improve and find consistency.

There are going to be bad games, there is going to be talk of regression, but over the course of the next 12 games we need to see it balance out to at a higher level than weeks 1-3.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Except that Goff and Wentz are both very good from the get go last year. But we can overlook three games. If Mitch is similar to them from week 4 onwards, I'll agree with the comparison.

Goff was okay at the beginning of the year and then made huge improvements after the bye week.

Which is what I am expecting from this offense.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Actually, you made a statement which applies universally despite saying it to one person. So no. Not buying your bullshit or your attempted setup of a narrative.
The narrative of Trubisky following the early career trajectory of Goff and Wentz is not my attempted setup of a narrative, it is a narrative Windy frequently invokes, hence my response to him.

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Very well could be. Let's hope for our sake Nagy is at least involved in the conversation.

As for Goff, one thing that I left out was his ability to throw with ridiculous anticipation. He sees the field extremely well for any QB let alone a young one.

Trubs has shown some glimpses of really nice anticipation which is encouraging. Something guys like Cutler never had.

Throwing with anticipation comes with confidence. Confidence comes with time and success.

Trubisky said in his post game comments that he threw the ball to Robinson for the TD because he KNEW it was man, he KNEW Allen was going to beat his guy, and they had run that play a ton in practice against different defenses.

That is how you throw with anticipation.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The narrative of Trubisky following the early career trajectory of Goff and Wentz is not me attempted setup of a narrative, it is a narrative Windy frequently invokes, hence my response to him.

While I am not trying to sell anyone on the outcome being the same.

To this point the developmental paths, specifically of Goff, are very similar.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Throwing with anticipation comes with confidence. Confidence comes with time and success.

Trubisky said in his post game comments that he threw the ball to Robinson for the TD because he KNEW it was man, he KNEW Allen was going to beat his guy, and they had run that play a ton in practice against different defenses.

That is how you throw with anticipation.
While this is true some QB's, regardless of confidence simply can't do it. See it open and throw it. Throwing somebody open is an art form.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The narrative of Trubisky following the early career trajectory of Goff and Wentz is not me attempted setup of a narrative, it is a narrative Windy frequently invokes, hence my response to him.

LOL sure it wasn't.

If they're already crowning Trubisky as being as good or better than Wentz after his first good game, then for the comparison to stick, Trubisky better play at the level Wentz did for starts 17 thru 29 (at which point Wentz got injured).

That means he needs to play at an MVP level for the remainder of the season.

Let's see if that happens, or if this nauseating homer fest of a thread ends up looking as ridiculous as you and I think it will. Windy and xero in particular have gone right off the deep end into the kool-aid pool. Thank goodness we still have rational posters like Toast, BNB, and yourself to keep things grounded.

No, no he doesn't have to play at an MVP level for the remainder of the season to make a comparison. Never mind the fact you're assuming he would have been league MVP. We will just overlook that altogether. Because as we all know you were also dick riding Watson as league MVP. Apparently you're handing out MVP trophies like candy.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To add more context to Jared Goff's first 4 games of season 2 he was also bum slaying He regressed to the mean against the tougher competition weeks 5-7.

Ind-30th ppg
Was-27th ppg
SF-25th ppg
Dal-13th ppg

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LOL sure it wasn't.

You're literally sitting here reading a thread (one of several) where Windy is talking about the comparisons in early career trajectory between Trubusky and Goff/Wentz, and you're still denying it and trying to paint it as something I'm making up. There's no words for this level of retardedness. Please, somehow try to improve. I don't know what you need to do, but do something.

And yes, for this narrative to continue, Trubisky would have to play the rest of this season at a similar level as Goff and Wentz played at last season.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So in other words playing at a good NON-league MVP level. Got it.

bertha

Liked Posts:
Will be fun follow
o.png

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
Sorry but that's not true. "Absolutely awful" is Craig Krenzel, Jonathan Quinn, Henry Burris, Will Furrer, Moses Moreno, Rick Mirer and other assorted clowns that have played QB for the Bears.

It would take a ton of space to list the Bears QBs just in the last 25 years when the Packers have had 2 HOF QBs. Those 2 QBs are the main reasons the Packers have been so good against us in the last 25 years. The list of Bear QBs is ridiculously long and shows how little importance consistent QB play has been in the Bears organization. Pace is changing that. I am not saying Trubisky will be a HOFer, but I think he is going to be really good in a few years. I mean really good. Also he is our base. He has the Bears job as our QB. We will no longer need an endlessly revolving door of QBs, coaches and offensive schemes. That alone will help us a ton.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So in other words playing at a good NON-league MVP level. Got it.

Your revisionism is pathetic. Wentz was the leading MVP candidate at the time he was injured.

If you're determined you obsess over the MVP verbiage, we can leave it out and just say that in order for the trajectory to be like Wentz/Goff, Trubisky will have to play this season at the level they did last season. Both were top 5 QBs with triple digit passer ratings. That's the kind of level he needs to play the remainder of the season at.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Your revisionism is pathetic. Wentz was the leading MVP candidate at the time he was injured.

If you're determined you obsess over the MVP verbiage, we can leave it out and just say that in order for the trajectory to be like Wentz/Goff, Trubisky will have to play this season at the level they did last season. Both were top 5 QBs with triple digit passer ratings. That's the kind of level he needs to play the remainder of the season at.

To be fair, Wentz didn’t play at that MVP caliber level right before he got injured. Windy’s post shows that pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk