Trubisky expected to named the starter

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The same idea has been floated many times on sports talk radio by former players. They all say that the players are the first to know that a change needs to be made.

They're both wrong. It was obviously the fans since we all saw the Glennon shitshow extraordinaire coming. But on the other hand Hicks was basically calling for Trubs during his interview during the 2nd preseason game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoBears

Liked Posts:
CONTRACT TERMS:3 yr(s) / $45,000,000 SIGNING BONUS$3,000,000 AVERAGE SALARY$15,000,000 GTD AT SIGN:$18,500,000 TOTAL GTD:$18,500,000

Bears could've had me for half as much.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That would be high pay for a ball boy.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Speculating.

They have an open spot because of Demps and already have 4 active safeties.

They only have 4 WR and why not give him his BFF.

They may also consider Bug Howard since they have a good rapport. I'd think Gentry is most logical.

They might as well bring back Aguyao and dump Barth. Both are equally terrible except one has an interesting, yet doubtful upside.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
This. Trubisky obviously has the ceiling and intangibles. It will be rough going, but he cannot be any worse. Hopefully, whenever he plays, he can elevate those around him. Get him in and let him learn. This offense is prime for someone with his accuracy and ability to move around

The big thing is not whether Trubisky is better. It's whether this hurts Trubisky by getting him beaten up, or trying to do too much.

But there is just no way to put Glennon back out there. I seriously would put Sanchez out there before ever letting Glennon start again.

But Trubisky starting should at least lift the team. I look forward to seeing him, even with no pass protection and shit receivers.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
agreed, Romo had some insights that were really informative and he can predict plays like a mofo. I had no idea he was that smart.

I agree with you and Adi about Romo, I really like him as an announcer. However I didn't at all like him making excuses for Glennon Thursday night. He knows better than that.

DavidH

Liked Posts:
I agree with you and Adi about Romo, I really like him as an announcer. However I didn't at all like him making excuses for Glennon Thursday night. He knows better than that.

Still has that recent player/QB not wanting to criticize a "fellow" player thing going. It'll get better.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The big thing is not whether Trubisky is better. It's whether this hurts Trubisky by getting him beaten up, or trying to do too much.

But there is just no way to put Glennon back out there. I seriously would put Sanchez out there before ever letting Glennon start again.

But Trubisky starting should at least lift the team. I look forward to seeing him, even with no pass protection and shit receivers.

I think he's seen enough to have a decent balance and play with it to find his equilibrium. I think sitting these 4 games was good for him but it's enough.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Trubisky is on an NFL roster, active on game day, and QB2. If he’s “not ready”, then none of that should be true, and it’s all been a smokescreen lie by the Bears.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, all of my friends know I am a Bears fan. And while they question my sanity, our discussions arfter Thursday have been why wouldn't any right minded person start MT? What is there to lose and what is the downside? Fox continuing to start Glennon should get him fired at the end of the year is not sooner. The Bears are awful Glennon isn't the future or very good. I don't hate Fox but staying with Glennon is simply stupid.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let him start. If Loggains proves to field a good offense with Mitch under center, then there will be a coaching question at the end of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pepethebear

Liked Posts:
It seems a lot of player analysts have been loathe to criticize Glennon for whatever reason