Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If anything it just forces the Vikings to prepare for both Glennon and Trubisky.
Vikings defensive film room:

-Vikings DC: " OK fellas we are not sure who will be quarterbacking the Bears next week so we are going to discuss how we will defend both."

"First slide please"(click).

"Alright,first we will discuss Mike Glennon their current starter. Notice we have 10 men at the line of scrimmage, you will all rush and don't worry about any lane discipline have you seen that Frankenstein moving mofo? Free safety, you just stand in the middle and catch the errant high passes, get some rest you will need it."

"Next slide."(click)

"This is our list of approved defensive pick six end zone celebrations."

" That's it on Glennon, now, lets spend the next hour on this slippery rookie QB."

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
The Bears game planned the Steelers game to not get beaten by Glennon, and it worked...

That's not what happened....

The Steelers, for some reason, didn't stack the box.

Had they done this (like tampa and greenbay did), they would have forced Glennon to beat them - and would have crushed us.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:

Had they done this (like tampa and greenbay did), they would have forced Glennon to beat them - and would have crushed us.

Steelers did indeed stack the box dude.

What happened, or rather what didn't happen, was turnovers, and the day was a bitch in terms of heat.

Pounding the rock had that defense worn out by midway through the 3rd quarter.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:

They didn't let him pass very much, did they? You see what happens when he does.
They took the ball out of his hands, and they won. Loggains has a brain fart and trusts him to throw on first down from the three, and the game was over on their first play from scrimmage.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Steelers did indeed stack the box dude.

What happened, or rather what didn't happen, was turnovers, and the day was a bitch in terms of heat.

Pounding the rock had that defense worn out by midway through the 3rd quarter.

You should watch the game again.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Agree to disagree then. It was painfully obvious after Tampa that Glennon lacked any redeeming qualities as a QB. It shouldn't have gotten to the point where the locker room was the verge of turning on the coaching staff. That's why the best player plays

It's completely irrelevant, since the staff won't be around next year.

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
b207851d1d02f8171b8d6ad658624b966826a0c7c9d9b93f420a06b53b712969.jpg

Bear Nation

Liked Posts:
It’s about time. Monday Night is going to be magic with Trubisky leading the team out onto the field.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Name Glennon the starter, let Mitch take all the 1st team reps, game plan etc...then pull Glennon at gametime, and put him through the concussion protocol.

:crazydance:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
First I heard of Gentry coming off PR - speculating or have a source?

Speculating.

They have an open spot because of Demps and already have 4 active safeties.

They only have 4 WR and why not give him his BFF.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Speculating.

They have an open spot because of Demps and already have 4 active safeties.

They only have 4 WR and why not give him his BFF.

I'm kind of hoping that players other than Glennon are also benched or cut in the next week. I don't even care if the next man up is better or worse.

Tired of watching these bums. I want heads on pikes.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think Hicks had fuck all to do with the decision. Trubs is getting the start when most people predicted he would ie with 10 days to prepare.

Fox and Pace don't give a shit about what Hicks said or what fans think.

During the telecast, Tony Romo discussed that before a QB switch is made, it's the locker room that is the first to know that a change is needed, and they basically force the coaches hand. He made it a point to say the locker room basically makes the switch, not the coaches. So I think you're 100% wrong on this one. Also, Romo is gonna be a great color commentator.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
During the telecast, Tony Romo discussed that before a QB switch is made, it's the locker room that is the first to know that a change is needed, and they basically force the coaches hand. He made it a point to say the locker room basically makes the switch, not the coaches. So I think you're 100% wrong on this one. Also, Romo is gonna be a great color commentator.

agreed, Romo had some insights that were really informative and he can predict plays like a mofo. I had no idea he was that smart.

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:

The same idea has been floated many times on sports talk radio by former players. They all say that the players are the first to know that a change needs to be made.