Trubisky expected to named the starter

DavidH

Liked Posts:
I really wish this fucking game wasn't at the same time as a Cubs playoff game that I'll probably be attending.

Ideally, I'd DVR it and watch afterward, but I'm not sure I can go the entire game without hearing about what's happening somehow.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
its really happening

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
tenor.gif

SlipScreen

Liked Posts:
watch it be that everyone is hearing "there will be a change at QB" and assuming its Trubisky. Then come monday ... Sanchez is the starting QB. lol

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
watch it be that everyone is hearing "there will be a change at QB" and assuming its Trubisky. Then come monday ... Sanchez is the starting QB. lol

Better than watching Glennon again, and then probably only a game or two from Trubisky even then.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

thats not going to happen

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Damn this is exciting stuff. Starting Monday night against an elite D like the Vikings is wild. Hopefully he plays well, if he doesn't then he shouldn't take it too hard, this is about the toughest debut possible for a rookie QB.

I hope he doesn't go out there trying to do too much, and he'll be fine.

I don't think the Minny D is elite. They have no threat rushing the passer outside of Griffen, esp with Floyd out. They are pretty good, just not great, IMO

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Agree to disagree then. It was painfully obvious after Tampa that Glennon lacked any redeeming qualities as a QB. It shouldn't have gotten to the point where the locker room was the verge of turning on the coaching staff. That's why the best player plays

I don't think Hicks had fuck all to do with the decision. Trubs is getting the start when most people predicted he would ie with 10 days to prepare.

Fox and Pace don't give a shit about what Hicks said or what fans think.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
:yes:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Thanks to the loser protest I was going to take advantage and dump sunday ticket cause its not worth wasting sundays on 18 mil bums like Glennon. With trubisky starting guess Im back on board watching

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Fox will just have him hand it off 200 times

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I don’t see it happening.

I see no evidence that the Bears are ready to make a change at QB, especially after the Fox news conference just a few minutes ago. Fox, while not naming a starter, seemed to indicate the QB position wasn’t any more of a concern than any other position. He was defiant as ever. Now, maybe he’s just a master actor, but I don’t give Fox that much credit. The way he talked when they kept peppering him with Glennon/Trubisky questions, it didn’t seem like he’s ready for a QB change.

DavidH

Liked Posts:
I don’t see it happening.

I see no evidence that the Bears are ready to make a change at QB, especially after the Fox news conference just a few minutes ago. Fox, while not naming a starter, seemed to indicate the QB position wasn’t any more of a concern than any other position. He was defiant as ever. Now, maybe he’s just a master actor, but I don’t give Fox that much credit. The way he talked when they kept peppering him with Glennon/Trubisky questions, it didn’t seem like he’s ready for a QB change.

Fox wouldn't commit to Glennon as the starter, which he has done every other week he's been asked.

Also, this:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Fox wouldn't commit to Glennon as the starter, which he has done every other week he's been asked.

Also, this:

Well, I really hope he’s right. And if he’s not and Glennon starts, I hope there’s a mass mutiny in the locker room.

pepethebear

Liked Posts:
I don't think Hicks had fuck all to do with the decision. Trubs is getting the start when most people predicted he would ie with 10 days to prepare.

Fox and Pace don't give a shit about what Hicks said or what fans think.
The fact that Hicks said anything to the media about "big changes" is not a small thing. General ambivalence towards Glennon by other Bears players has been a recurring theme. Any defense would be frustrated with the way Glennons play constantly puts them on the field. Especially when they all know someone who is better is riding the bench. I'm sorry but you're dead wrong if you think locker room attitudes don't matter to a head coach. Their whole job is to get players to buy in, prepare for games, and execute