Trubisky expected to named the starter

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
CanuckBoy Score670‏ @CanuckBoy670AM

CanuckBoy Score670 Retweeted Silvy

I have a source who is close to the UNC coaching staff. Trubisky has been told he's starting Monday. He has requested tickets for coaches.

tumblr_inline_ou7ldye9Ht1srsuzb_540.gif

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I heard an interesting point from one of the radio shows today.

If you want to land one of the top candidates in the coaching search having tape on Trubisky is huge. Trubisky is going to be a big part of landing the next coach and I am sure he will want to see him.

If Trubisky progresses and plays well, the Bears would vault to the top of the vacancies.

Absolutely. A QB is the bedrock of your foundation. If Trubs looks good this year or at least like he has potential the Bears instantly become a hot coaching destination.

pepethebear

Liked Posts:
Made too much sense to start Trubisky the 9th. Fox is stubborn and cowardly, not crazy

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I heard an interesting point from one of the radio shows today.

If you want to land one of the top candidates in the coaching search having tape on Trubisky is huge. Trubisky is going to be a big part of landing the next coach and I am sure he will want to see him.

If Trubisky progresses and plays well, the Bears would vault to the top of the vacancies.

Agree 100%

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Made too much sense to start Trubisky the 9th. Fox is stubborn and cowardly, not crazy

Starting Glennon would have been suicidal.

I still think Fox is getting fired, but when your best defensive player and captain comes out and talks about important changes that means the locker room is turning. That is when things become a shit show and you never coach again.

pepethebear

Liked Posts:
Starting Glennon would have been suicidal.

I still think Fox is getting fired, but when your best defensive player and captain comes out and talks about important changes that means the locker room is turning. That is when things become a shit show and you never coach again.
Starting Glennon was ill-advised after week 2

I don't think there's much doubt Fox is gone either unless Trubisky lights up the league and the Bears somehow make it to the postseason. Even that may not do it

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm willing to bet at least 20% of his preseason passes were designed rollouts to cut half the field off and minimize his decision making while utilizing his mobility. The defense would have to be in containment or spy more instead of rush. Irregardless, why give the opponent any nod to what you're doing besides to appease the fanbase?

You don't think it will get out on the first day of practice? Do you think the Vikings would spend any time prior to then preparing for the Bears, or are they probably more focused on the Lions at this point?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

I don't think there's much doubt Fox is gone either unless Trubisky lights up the league and the Bears somehow make it to the postseason. Even that may not do it

Disagree. I think Trubs sitting for the first month was a good move.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'd run the ball on the first play, then throw deep to Wheaton on the next. Just to show he can do it and get teams to back the fuck off the LOS.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Damn this is exciting stuff. Starting Monday night against an elite D like the Vikings is wild. Hopefully he plays well, if he doesn't then he shouldn't take it too hard, this is about the toughest debut possible for a rookie QB.

I hope he doesn't go out there trying to do too much, and he'll be fine.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Good for Mitch. Vikings D will kick the Bears' O square in the sack though. Welcome to the NFL.

DavidH

Liked Posts:

I hate Fox so much at this point that if Mitch came in and lit it up to the point that they pulled off a playoff berth, a very small part of me would resent the fact that it almost certainly buys Fox multiple years more.

pepethebear

Liked Posts:
Agree to disagree then. It was painfully obvious after Tampa that Glennon lacked any redeeming qualities as a QB. It shouldn't have gotten to the point where the locker room was the verge of turning on the coaching staff. That's why the best player plays

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yep, that way he could see how nasty things can get around Chi-town. Better not disappoint Mitchell:yep: