CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Dr Chao says it is doubtfull Trubisky plays on Thursday.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...y-shoulder-injury-lions-bears-1120-story.html

"The dive/slide Trubisky made put his throwing shoulder in an outstretched vulnerable position, possibly leading to a stretching of the capsule/labrum or pinching/bruising of the rotator cuff."

Adam Hoge
@AdamHoge
9m9 minutes ago
Insight from @ProFootballDoc, who is usually spot on with his analysis of injuries: Points to possible "stretching of the capsule/labrum or pinching/bruising of the rotator cuff.” Does not believe there is major damage, but thinks it’s “doubtful” Trubisky plays Thursday.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
What a place, guys worried about what might be posted here if Chase plays well. Meatballs indeed.

BearDown1

Liked Posts:
There's video of Trubisky clapping laughing and pumping his right arm in the air during Nagy's locker room celebration. Vegas hasn't blinked, line hasn't moved. Trubisky is fine, he's playing. !00% chance he plays, everyone chill.:smug2:

That doesn't mean shit. It certainly doesn't mean he can throw and go through an entire game with it.

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
That quack should not have a column anywhere.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It comes down to the actual tests to determine the severity of the injury. If they did test it and found nothing wrong, that is more valuable than a doctor's take based on video replay. If he came to that same doctor, he would order a test to be done to determine the extent of the injury. Not base it off of game film.

If Trubisky can throw the ball effectively while tolerating pain, then he will play. Simple as that. If he can't, then he won't.

BearDown1

Liked Posts:
It comes down to the actual tests to determine the severity of the injury. If they did test it and found nothing wrong, that is more valuable than a doctor's take based on video replay. If he came to that same doctor, he would order a test to be done to determine the extent of the injury. Not base it off of game film.

If Trubisky can throw the ball effectively while tolerating pain, then he will play. Simple as that. If he can't, then he won't.

It's not as simple as that, especially if there is concern he could injure it further.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It's not as simple as that, especially if there is concern he could injure it further.

That's what the tests or for. When Nagy said "it's not a long term injury", that implies that he is not at risk of injuring it further.

What it's not as simple as... is looking at the replay and diagnosing the injury.

owenby83

Liked Posts:
were fucked if mitch is out. we will be only a 1/2 a game over minny. maybe everyone seems to forget that we always lose in detroit. i hope someone goes low on harrison smith next time we play

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
After watching the defense dominate the Vikings, I'm quite at ease if Daniels does play. I think we can still win.

quicksand30

Liked Posts:
A couple thoughts. I don't think this is equivalent to the Jay Cutler situation of 2011. With that situation, we started hearing in the evening after the game that there was something wrong with his hand and that he looked depressed. Soon after (like the next day), we heard he was in surgery. With the "day-to-day" and "no surgery" comments, I don't feel it's anything that will put Trubisky out for the season especially with the comparisons to Mack and Robinson.

But Thursday may not be realistic. With Chase Daniel, we would have to hope that 1) if Nagy is the smart coach that we think he is, that his judgment on Daniel is sound. Remember, back in 2011, Martz didn't like Caleb Hanie, so if Nagy's judgment is that Chase is a capable backup and we trust Nagy, then that makes me feel better; 2) the defense has to play well.

That said, even if Chase is capable, there's still the issue that over the course of the season, he may not have had a ton of reps with the receivers, so there's that chemistry issue, and sadly with the short week, there's not going to be much practice time for him.

Finally, if there is hope of winning with Daniel and not having a repeat of 2011, then the Bears need to BE SMART. No giving up a hail mary (like with Tyler Thigpen) and no "Marion Barber--accidentally run out of bounds" type crap.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
How can anyone be that comfortable with Chase? We have no idea how he will look. He's got about 500 yards and 1 TD starting in his decade long career.

Smokescreen.

Jummbo29

Liked Posts:
Smokescreen.

Totally. Trubisky plays. Nagy serving up media turkey, they're gobbling it up.

Trubisky is fine. He's dancing and high fiving and rah rah-ing (right arm raised high) in locker room Sunday night.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
CCS has become fuckin St. Elsewhere

BearDown1

Liked Posts:
Totally. Trubisky plays. Nagy serving up media turkey, they're gobbling it up.

Trubisky is fine. He's dancing and high fiving and rah rah-ing (right arm raised high) in locker room Sunday night.

Why does he need to provide smoke to a team he's already dominated 2 weeks ago? Makes no sense.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Why does he need to provide smoke to a team he's already dominated 2 weeks ago? Makes no sense.

Why does he run lineman out on goal line to go plays?... he seems to like to fuck with the other team as much as possible?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I think if Chase Daniel plays, we lose. I think we would play ultra conservative and try to run the ball and since we suck at that, we lose a close game.