Trubisky has legit ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Dan Orlovsky was on ESPN 1000 and he was saying that the deep shots to Gabriel were awesome, but the best throws Mitch made were his throws to Allen Robinson.

-On the TD throw, he has a zone defense with a box setting up around Robinson on the goal line, which you can do in the redzone because the safeties do not have to get deep. That throw needs to be out before Robinson settles down and with 0 hesitation as the box collapses in around Robinson. Trubisky knows he is throwing it pre snap as he recognizes zone and he sticks it in with 0 hesitation.

-On the 22 yard back shoulder on the sideline the CB drops and a flat defender comes underneath the route and Orlovsky said most NFL QBs won't even throw the route because technically it is covered with Robinson running a fly route into the CB at the goal line. He said what made it so impressive was that Mitch reads the coverage and goes back shoulder leading Robinson away from the over top defender, but what he said was the most encouraging thing was that Robinson saw the same thing and immediately adjusted in the exact same way.

It really appears that Robinson and Mitch are getting into a groove as the TB TD, Mia TD, and Mia back shoulder were all really nice reads, throws, routes and adjustments by both of them.

I'm glad you posted this ... when I 1st saw that play, I was like what, that was fortunate. But yes, when you watch film on it, it was way back shoulder, and it was a laser. ARob was right on it tho, and if that's a sample of them getting synced, then watch out, imo. Throw in TGab's 4.2 on the other side and ... :beerbang:

Oh, and shout out to you liking the Albert Wilson FA signing for the Bears. He looked pretty good on Sunday, didn't he.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Like some other posters, I was actually more impressed with his performance in the second half against Miami than the big Bucs game, though he did well to hit the open targets downfield in that game too.

I'm getting much more encouraged by his development under Nagy in this offense that seems to suit him. Obviously he still has some issues with head scratching overthrows particularly early in games, but he's showing much more poise than before and I think he can build on this confidence and make it work.

I retract some of the harsher statements I've made about him because he obviously does have the potential to be the QB we've long been waiting for.

I also reserve the right to continue to be a drunken twat in IGTs when he fucks up.

Thanks

Damn they got Bearmick to sell out.

Mods please retire the Bearmick name. Pours out a 40 for the poster formerly known as Bearmick.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let's hope Mitch is the former!

I can't recall how young Marino & Elway looked early on...that's were I started watching....early 80's

Elway was all over the place.

Till this day, Marino is the best passer I’ve ever seen HANDS DOWN. If he played today, I would be shocked if he did not have a 6000+ yard, 70 td season. I mean dude had a 5000+ yard, 48 td season in 19 fucking 84.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yet you and Mick would have told us how you were right if he sucked. It's an interesting line being walked here. Lets hope this thread puts an end to the the entire matter.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
so you'll be sniffing his taint then?

Taint gonna happen. Not sure if I'm confirming or denying.

They should have known Mitch would be OK once they realized that they were agreeing with runny shit.

Everyone is allowed an opinion but this cake and eat it too shit is going a bit too far.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
A lot of talk about Mitch the past two weeks but not a ton of talk about how the offense looks really simple (in a good way) for Mitch to handle. Less of Mitch trying to look around and find guys and instead, just make the right read pre-snap on the coverage and hit the primary or the dump off. As he develops, Nagy will give the offense more complexity but it's a good thing to say it's a simple read and throw for Mitch right now.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Yet you and Mick would have told us how you were right if he sucked. It's an interesting line being walked here. Lets hope this thread puts an end to the the entire matter.

No line is being walked here. The conversations were focused largely on how he was missing reads, missing wide open TDs and struggling to throw for 200 yards and 1 TD. Yes, if he continued to suck it would have continued to be a topic. Thank the universe of particles that make up his body and mind that he settled down and has produced elite output in the sample he has. It's not hypocrisy at play nor even worthy of calling out posters.

Last edited:

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
A lot of talk about Mitch the past two weeks but not a ton of talk about how the offense looks really simple (in a good way) for Mitch to handle. Less of Mitch trying to look around and find guys and instead, just make the right read pre-snap on the coverage and hit the primary or the dump off. As he develops, Nagy will give the offense more complexity but it's a good thing to say it's a simple read and throw for Mitch right now.

Agreed. And when that transition comes again, he might slip up and forget mechanics here and there and make a bad throw or have great mechanics on a bad read or something, and that's to be expected. But no more below 60% completion 170 yards and 0 - 1 TDs. I cannot see any excuse for those type of overall performances again.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I never claimed Trubs would suck or be a bust so I wouldn't be right if he sucked.

I have maintained all along it will be years before one can judge Trubs so no this thread doesn't put an end to the matter.

If Trubs plays well I will say so. If he sucks I will say he sucks. Those are one game judgments that have nothing to do with his long term success.

Ya'll really need to stop being so emo.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Next for what? I have never claimed Trubs was a bust or didnt have potential. Just said he sucked in games I thought he sucked.

You're next for whatever you mean by "sell out"

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Lol so you don't know what I meant by sell out but you just know I am next?

I don't know man I think you're taking this more seriously than I am. I was just trying to say that you would be the next one to start a thread giving an objective take on Trubisky.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Meh, I’ve seen Mitch go through multiple reads, shitloads of times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I never claimed Trubs would suck or be a bust so I wouldn't be right if he sucked.

I have maintained all along it will be years before one can judge Trubs so no this thread doesn't put an end to the matter.

If Trubs plays well I will say so. If he sucks I will say he sucks. Those are one game judgments that have nothing to do with his long term success.

Ya'll really need to stop being so emo.
Always with the nonsense digs. Ain't no thing. Much was said about his mechanics that were not correct and where he should be at certain times etc, etc. other things implied in compares but really, I'm happy to have us all on the same page :beer: and at this point we are. Still too early to know what he'll or Watson will be. Same with Mahomes but he looks like the best bet out of the bunch right now. I'd like to see all 3 face each other in the playoffs on a yearly basis.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
SMDH @ this thread.....................

199mhdjnywpbnjpg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.