Trubisky just seems....stupid

Monster

Liked Posts:
Seemed scared to blow it... then blew it

GoBears

Liked Posts:
I'm not ready to panic yet. I saw a lot of good in his performance and I want to see how much improvement there is between last night and next Monday. The flashes of brilliance we saw from the defense was incredible. Can they make the improvements needed as well?

This team is close. Fuller intercepts that ball that hit him in the hands and we win. The tight end takes one more step downfield and gets that first down and we win. I can go on and on.

I'm not ready to slit my wrists on a 1 point loss in the 4th quarter in the first game of the season at Lambeau Field. Fuck, I'm just happy we looked like we belonged out there.

lurker

Liked Posts:
It's not panic time on Trubisky yet. The tape will show him what he missed and where to go with the ball next time. It was pretty obvious that they were playing not to lose the game and mitch was trying to be very careful with the ball. He was pin point accurate in the first half. But it is fair to say that he didn't step up when he was needed. Frankly, they waited too long before giving mitch the chance to get it done. They should have opened the playbook back up when the packers made it 20-10. Nagy was clearly trying to run the clock down instead of trying to put them away. Putting it on the young guys shoulders in the new offense at Lambeau with 2:30 left is tough for anyone. But it was a little unnerving how off he was in that position. He was clearly flustered. This was a tough pill to swallow, but every team needs to go through some adversity to grow. Hopefully they all learn from this, coaches included.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
it doesnt seem like pre-snap he has any idea where the ball needs to go. thats a pretty big fcking problem

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
it doesnt seem like pre-snap he has any idea where the ball needs to go. thats a pretty big fcking problem

This is Mitch's 13 start since HS and he was in Lambo on National TV. If you don't expect him to look overwhelmed in an offense where he played two series in preseason than you are delusional. If he doesn't make adjustments and learn to read the D better we see screwed but I think he will. The true test will be second half of this season. If he's not looking like a franchise QB we are in big trouble.

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
This is Mitch's 13 start since HS and he was in Lambo on National TV. If you don't expect him to look overwhelmed in an offense where he played two series in preseason than you are delusional. If he doesn't make adjustments and learn to read the D better we see screwed but I think he will. The true test will be second half of this season. If he's not looking like a franchise QB we are in big trouble.

I didn't say he couldn't overcome it. just that its a big problem and it is. I don't expect him to look overwhelmed. I expect mental errors at times but he shouldnt be overwhelmed. That excuse goes out the window when he supposedly has all these great practices and you dont play him at all in the preseason.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

enough of that excuse already that he's only had so many starts since high school, he's not in highschool anymore he's not in college anymore he's a professional this is his second season in the NFL, he's not some rookie that just started the first time ever

and this isn't the first time he's ever played gb or on national TV

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Is he? Maybe Harvard Bronk can help him study?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Is this where all the "sky is falling" trolls are consoling themselves? Feel free to carry on. Us adults will be talking football in another thread...

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:
Not to nitpick because I agree with you, but this was his 13th start since college, not high school.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I don't think Mitch puts the bears in holes like Cutler did. But when the games on the line, I just haven't seen "it." What sucks is, that isn't one of those things that can be learned. I'm still hoping, but I am very unsettled by what I just saw. There were a lot of fuck ups by the bears this game, no doubt, but how Mitch looked down the stretch should be the biggest concern for us all right now. That was outright horrid.

Nagy was bragging the other night that Mitch went to him on the bus and asked "how do I get better?".....that scares the SHYTE out of me. What kind of alpha males asks another male how he gets better? Mofo figure it out. I still think they have him overthinking though. He actually looked better last year. He made some truly fantastic throws last year...he has already displayed a degree of skill, although not consistent skill. He was in several tight games last year and in the Baltimore game made a couple throws that he had to make to steal that game. I honestly think they've buried him in a new playbook and he's out of RAM.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

It’s more then 13 just sayin.