run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Trubisky or Watson?

It's a moot point.

Watson is in Houston. At the collegiate level he proved to be a leader, good passer and a most importantly a winner. He'll win in Texas too.

However.......
We have Trubs, so we need hope he can be the winning Qb who gets us to a SB.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I love Watson. He is a leader.

But Trubisky's accuracy is special and his accuracy on the move is unique. I think accuracy is the single most important trait for a QB.

Agree....Trubisky is just more accurate and he looked special in pre season...Somone that comes around every 5-10 years special. Hopefully that turns out to be the case with Trubisky.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I didn't care, Kizer, Watson or Trubisky. Watson or Trubisky first.
I can't find my pictures but their stats were what sold me on one or the other as first choice before the draft and I can't find them, but I uploaded them here. I'll edit in who I wanted after this posts.
trubisky.jpg
Watson.jpg

I think I was on Trubisky for the fewer interceptions last.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
People can talk stats, "accuracy" , so-called "better pure passer" etc. but in the end, it's all about W-L record.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
People can talk stats, "accuracy" , so-called "better pure passer" etc. but in the end, it's all about W-L record.

I mean yes it's all about wins and losses and that is largely on the back of the quarterback. However, it's really not that simple at all. Rodgers is a better qb than Big Ben or Eli manning, yet they both have more super bowl wins than Rodgers. Is that on a rodge for not being good enough?

I'd be curious to see kizer and Watson switch places and see how they perform.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I mean yes it's all about wins and losses and that is largely on the back of the quarterback. However, it's really not that simple at all. Rodgers is a better qb than Big Ben or Eli manning, yet they both have more super bowl wins than Rodgers. Is that on a rodge for not being good enough?

I'd be curious to see kizer and Watson switch places and see how they perform.

well it goes back to making the plays that win games. We can always talk about who's " better than the other", but ya discuss who makes the plays in crunch time.
BTW...I like Rodgers over the other 2.

I'd be curious to see kizer and Watson switch places and see how they perform
I think Watson would do a better job of "lifting" the Browns

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
well it goes back to making the plays that win games. We can always talk about who's " better than the other", but ya discuss who makes the plays in crunch time.
BTW...I like Rodgers over the other 2

You understand the irony in your statement and what I was trying to say right? If you want to say that the best QB's are the ones that win the games, then you are put in a situation where you could argue Eli or Ben are better than Rodgers becaus they have won those super bowls and 'made those plays.' Yet you openly say Rodgers is better than the others, which I agree with.

It's more than wins and losses. The defenses won those Super Bowls for the giants and also played a huge role for the steelers as well. Qb play is crucial but there's more to it than simply counting up wins and losses.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
As a Bear fan, I'm rooting for Trubisky all the way. But before the draft, I was hoping the Bears would pick Deshaun Watson. I see Trubisky as a better pure passer, but admire Watson's leadership qualities. What were others thinking on draft day?
Trubisky didn't show the same leadership when he played in preseason? You can't compare two qb's this soon, especially one who has not played a regular season snap yet

Sent from my RCT6303W87M7 using Tapatalk

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Quote Originally Posted by run and shoot View Post
well it goes back to making the plays that win games. We can always talk about who's " better than the other", but ya gotta discuss who makes the plays in crunch time.

You understand the irony in your statement and what I was trying to say right? If you want to say that the best QB's are the ones that win the games, then you are put in a situation where you could argue Eli or Ben are better than Rodgers becaus they have won those super bowls and 'made those plays.' Yet you openly say Rodgers is better than the others, which I agree with.

It's more than wins and losses. The defenses won those Super Bowls for the giants and also played a huge role for the steelers as well. Qb play is crucial but there's more to it than simply counting up wins and losses.

......but if u watch the tape those Qb's also made plays in those games......no?

......you openly say Rodgers is better than the others,

Actually I said.....

Here's 1 example.....'the media' / 'talking heads'....calls Peyton Manning "the greatest ever", however, after further review his post season record in $$$$ games is mediocre at best. When we think of winning $$ games who do we want out there Brady or Manning?

Qb play is crucial but there's more to it than simply counting up wins and losses.

LOL....apparently ownership agrees with u
.....and this is the main reason.... why we've been a loser for the past 8 seasons

Here's the takeaway:
We can always talk about who's " better than the other", but ya gotta discuss who makes the plays in crunch time.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Actually I said.....

Here's 1 example.....'the media' / 'talking heads'....calls Peyton Manning "the greatest ever", however, after further review his post season record in $$$$ games is mediocre at best. When we think of winning $$ games who do we want out there Brady or Manning?

LOL....apparently ownership agrees with u
.....and this is the main reason.... why we've been a loser for the past 8 seasons

Here's the takeaway:
Well, all the scrub QBs that have played with Houston over the past 3 years are combined winners. So far, Watson is a loser. You keep saying one thing yet Watson goes to a playoff caliber team and they have a losing record. He only played 1/2 of the 1st game but accounted for 4 positive points in that 1/2.

He's playing better overall and I hope he continues to do so but your arguments are goofy rotating nonsense as they relate to what's happened so far. These are the same things people said about Tebow. I'm not making that comparison. You are by inference. It's unfair to the kid. Let him play for a while longer and see how he and Ds adjust before you go spouting off about what a winner he is. It's not college any more. How's Clemson doing without him? Same #2 ranking as last year and they also lost the top WR in draft.

If he wins 9 games, he's no more of a winner than Osweiler or Hoyer. Let's set the bar a little higher than just record. I think he's got it him.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
BTW...I like Rodgers over the other 2.

I think Watson would do a better job of "lifting" the Browns

Circumstances are usually the key factor in making someone a winner. Kizer was not known for being a "winner", quite the opposite actually. Although he led comeback after comeback in 2015, his team was a train wreck in 2016. What if you swapped Kizer/Watson? Does Kizer all of a sudden become a "winner" with that Clemson team around him? Does Watson sustain his "winner" status playing with that atrocious Notre Dame defense? Hell, Marquise Williams led UNC to a better season than Trubisky!

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was all about Watson and Kizer, but ultimately said that I want Pace to stop being a pussy and take his guy. Was very happy with what went down in the draft. I personally think we got Trubs for relatively cheap compared to what I have seen teams give up to move up for QB. The only guy I really had no
Interest in was Mahomes. I think he has some of the same issues as Cutler had and would not be surprised to see the same narrative attached to him throughout his career.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As a Bear fan, I'm rooting for Trubisky all the way. But before the draft, I was hoping the Bears would pick Deshaun Watson. I see Trubisky as a better pure passer, but admire Watson's leadership qualities. What were others thinking on draft day?

Before the Mike Glennon acquisition:

I wanted Watson over Trubs, but really wanted a WR in the first. I wanted C. Davis after a small trade down, maybe to 5-9

After the Mike Glennon acquisition:

I wanted a QB in the first, a WR in the second. Watson was still my guy but was ok with the Trubs, was not at all happy giving up picks to move up one spot, even though most on here will tell you that it wasn't a lot, I disagree. Still would have been ok with it, until they then went with Shaheen in the second

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Was all about Watson and Kizer, but ultimately said that I want Pace to stop being a pussy and take his guy. Was very happy with what went down in the draft. I personally think we got Trubs for relatively cheap compared to what I have seen teams give up to move up for QB. The only guy I really had no
Interest in was Mahomes. I think he has some of the same issues as Cutler had and would not be surprised to see the same narrative attached to him throughout his career.

I was personally going "please not Kizer, please not Kizer" during the draft. Just like Trubisky I would have gotten behind Kizer had they gone with him but it would have been a head scratcher to trade up to #2 for him.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, all the scrub QBs that have played with Houston over the past 3 years are combined winners. So far, Watson is a loser. You keep saying one thing yet Watson goes to a playoff caliber team and they have a losing record. He only played 1/2 of the 1st game but accounted for 4 positive points in that 1/2.

He's playing better overall and I hope he continues to do so but your arguments are goofy rotating nonsense as they relate to what's happened so far. These are the same things people said about Tebow. I'm not making that comparison. You are by inference. It's unfair to the kid. Let him play for a while longer and see how he and Ds adjust before you go spouting off about what a winner he is. It's not college any more. How's Clemson doing without him? Same #2 ranking as last year and they also lost the top WR in draft.

If he wins 9 games, he's no more of a winner than Osweiler or Hoyer. Let's set the bar a little higher than just record. I think he's got it him.

Oh bullcookies. YOu have to be kidding me. Watson has a helluva lot more talent than Osweiler and Hoyer. He is doing very well as a rookie quarterback for Houston and as I am watching the scores right now his team is leading 24-7 against Tennessee and he as two tds in the first half and no ints. There is no rookie quarterback better than Watson right now in the NFL. Trubs hasn't played and that is not his fault. I hope Trubisky turns out better than Watson being a Bear's fan but bumrapping Watson isn't fair.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
2 passing TDs, a rushing TD, and counting.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
And fans will treat them as though they both went to similar situations, and therefore will make dozens of dumb comparisons and judgements.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Another beautiful TD pass by Watson.