Trubisky vs Lamar Jackson

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was listening to The Herd with Colin Cowherd the other day and he said Trubisky and Lamar Jackson are very similar. Which one do you all think will have the better career? My money is on Lamar Jackson. Baltimore was trending towards irrelevance until Lamar took over and lead them to the playoffs. He went blow for blow with the great Patrick Mahomes at Arrowhead. His first season was far better than Trubisky’s and he already has as many rushing TDS as Mitch in much fewer games. Lamar doesn’t have an offensive genius as HC to make him look better either. Lamar also isn’t partaking in the backwards hat and scooter nonsense that Trubisky is. There’s so much room for Lamar to grow even better while Trubisky has probably hit his ceiling.

What say you?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Too early to say with Jackson. Like Trubisky, I don't see anything about him that makes me say "here's a future superstar". Not at this point anyway.

Too early for a decision on this one.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I definitely don’t think Lamar will be a superstar. I just think he’ll be better than Trubisky.

It's possible. They're both QBs whose careers I see being largely defined by what kind of teams they're on.

I think they could be pushing top 10-12 on good teams but will more likely be bottom half QBs in years where their teams are average or worse.

The kind of QBs you can win with, with the right parts around them, but not good enough to put a lesser team on their shoulders and be successful.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Jackson looked good yesterday.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The couple of games I've seen from Jackson were terrible. I know he's really young, but my money is on too much too soon. He looks lost a lot.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I was listening to The Herd with Colin Cowherd the other day and he said Trubisky and Lamar Jackson are very similar. Which one do you all think will have the better career? My money is on Lamar Jackson. Baltimore was trending towards irrelevance until Lamar took over and lead them to the playoffs. He went blow for blow with the great Patrick Mahomes at Arrowhead. His first season was far better than Trubisky’s and he already has as many rushing TDS as Mitch in much fewer games. Lamar doesn’t have an offensive genius as HC to make him look better either. Lamar also isn’t partaking in the backwards hat and scooter nonsense that Trubisky is. There’s so much room for Lamar to grow even better while Trubisky has probably hit his ceiling.

What say you?
Your money would be on a person with no arms and no legs.
We get it, you don’t like Mitch.....move the fuck on.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Right now Trubz has the edge as a passer. The Ravens just don't emphasize the passing game enuff. They go with that awful Spread Option way to much IMO.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

What say you?

Wait, you are still listening to that known racist.

What does that say about you?

And his sports thoughts are even worse.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I get to see every Ravens Game, and I can say with no authority what so ever, that Lamar is a RB that can occasionally throw the ball. Defenses have already started taking away his running lanes and forcing him to throw the ball. He is NOT a very good passer, nor do I think he will ever be. He will get injured eventually because he runs like a RB, unlike Mitch, who takes advantage of the opportunities to run and protects himself. Comparing Mitch and Lamar as throwing QBs is not even close to the same level. Mitch is miles ahead of Larmar.

BTW, I know this is CMR 114 is just trolling again, but I do not want folks on this board under the impression that Lamar is even an Average Passing QB, because he is NOT.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I get to see every Ravens Game, and I can say with no authority what so ever, that Lamar is a RB that can occasionally throw the ball. Defenses have already started taking away his running lanes and forcing him to throw the ball. He is NOT a very good passer, nor do I think he will ever be. He will get injured eventually because he runs like a RB, unlike Mitch, who takes advantage of the opportunities to run and protects himself. Comparing Mitch and Lamar as throwing QBs is not even close to the same level. Mitch is miles ahead of Larmar.

BTW, I know this is CMR 114 is just trolling again, but I do not want folks on this board under the impression that Lamar is even an Average Passing QB, because he is NOT.

Yeah that no good CMR 114 is always up to no good.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Right now yes Trubz has the edge on Jackson in the passing game. We emphasis to the passing game here.

However, to call Jackson, as u say "a RB that can occasionally throw the ball" is taking it a bit far IMO. The Ravens do not give emphasis to the passing game.

They over focus on the Spread Option ( and yes, this "O" is very dangerous to a Qb health). Can Jackson be a better passer in an "O" that utilizes the pass?....yes. Take a look at the link below.
Lamar Jackson passing stats >>>>College career

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Right now yes Trubz has the edge on Jackson in the passing game. We emphasis to the passing game here.

However, to call Jackson, as u say "a RB that can occasionally throw the ball" is taking it a bit far IMO. The Ravens do not give emphasis to the passing game.

They over focus on the Spread Option ( and yes, this "O" is very dangerous to a Qb health). Can Jackson be a better passer in an "O" that utilizes the pass?....yes. Take a look at the link below.

He had 147 rushing attempts last year which was more than a lot of actual running backs.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He had 147 rushing attempts last year which was more than a lot of actual running backs.

No surprise here.

The Ravens do not give emphasis to the passing game.

The Ravens
over focus on the Spread Option ( and yes, this "O" is very dangerous to a Qb's health).

Can Jackson be a better passer in an "O" that utilizes the pass more?....yes.

Take a look at the link below.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
No surprise here.

The Ravens do not give emphasis to the passing game.

The Ravens
over focus on the Spread Option ( and yes, this "O" is very dangerous to a Qb's health).

Can Jackson be a better passer in an "O" that utilizes the pass more?....yes.

Take a look at the link below.

I watched plenty of his games at Louisville. His accuracy and ball placement in college was atrocious.