Trubisky vs Lamar Jackson

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Right now yes Trubz has the edge on Jackson in the passing game. We emphasis to the passing game here.

However, to call Jackson, as u say "a RB that can occasionally throw the ball" is taking it a bit far IMO. The Ravens do not give emphasis to the passing game.

They over focus on the Spread Option ( and yes, this "O" is very dangerous to a Qb health). Can Jackson be a better passer in an "O" that utilizes the pass?....yes. Take a look at the link below.
Lamar Jackson passing stats >>>>College career
You are kidding yourself if you think Lamar is or will ever be a good throwing QB. There is a reason that the Ravens run the spread option, it is because Lamar can not throw at the NFL level, I don’t care what his college stats say, I have actually watched him play ever game in the NFL, and when there is a defense that is capable of shutting down LJ and his run game, he is not able to win a game with his arm.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Collin is probably right. But I think Trubisky is in a system that maximises his strengths, which is fine. There are very few QBs who you can throw into any system and they'll still be great.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was listening to The Herd with Colin Cowherd the other day and he said Trubisky and Lamar Jackson are very similar. Which one do you all think will have the better career? My money is on Lamar Jackson. Baltimore was trending towards irrelevance until Lamar took over and lead them to the playoffs. He went blow for blow with the great Patrick Mahomes at Arrowhead. His first season was far better than Trubisky’s and he already has as many rushing TDS as Mitch in much fewer games. Lamar doesn’t have an offensive genius as HC to make him look better either. Lamar also isn’t partaking in the backwards hat and scooter nonsense that Trubisky is. There’s so much room for Lamar to grow even better while Trubisky has probably hit his ceiling.

What say you?

Shocking.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Take a look at the link below.
Lamar Jackson passing stats >>>>College career

When I saw this thread, I thought its too bad that run and shoot stopped posting on CCS, because the first thing he would do is link to Lamar Jackson's college passing statistics and say "SEE?!". I am privately happy that he's back now.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Why would you insult your own intelligence with this.

Trubisky is all around a more talented guy. Better at everything QB related.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You are kidding yourself if you think Lamar is or will ever be a good throwing QB. There is a reason that the Ravens run the spread option, it is because Lamar can not throw at the NFL level, I don’t care what his college stats say, I have actually watched him play ever game in the NFL, and when there is a defense that is capable of shutting down LJ and his run game, he is not able to win a game with his arm.

A few points 1) the Ravens must've seen a lot in Jackson to draft him in the 1st round. Let that marinade for a while. 2) when I think of a horrible passing Qb, it's one who doesn't protect the ball, it's one who overall has almost as many picks as td's. That's not the case with Jackson if u look at his college and pro stats. I also look at W-L record. Yes it's a team game, but if you're consistently losing with a Qb, then there's a problem. That hasn't been the case with Jackson.

I have actually watched him play ever game in the NFL, and when there is a defense that is capable of shutting down LJ and his run game, he is not able to win a game with his arm.

We can say this for any pro team that over uses the Spread ops. and doesn't give focus to the passing game. Look at that Ravens-Charger playoff game last yr. The Ravens did make a 4th qrt. run with the passing game, but it was to late. IMO, bad play calling earlier in the game.
----
With Jackson being basically a rookie, we don't know what his future will be at the Qb position. With all this said, at the 3 yr mark, of course Trubz is better.

Jcollins1977

Liked Posts:
I think they are both still projects. Mitch has a few more weapons and a more dynamic offense that covers his flaws. As far as who’s better, they are two different QBs in two different schemes so it’s hard to judge. This year will be a crucial year for both QBs. If Mitch doesn’t show major improvements over his reads and ball placement I would say we need to start looking for another QB. He was a bit of a gamble at 2 and I’d be very cautious signing him to a big contract without seeing a big improvement. Jackson on the other hand has one year under his belt in his offense so his expectations are a bit lower. In my opinion.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I watched plenty of his games at Louisville. His accuracy and ball placement in college was atrocious.
Ok looks like we have our CCS expert for Louisville college football. :)

Lets move on to the three questions below. Please give special focus to the first question.

Then why was his INTS. much lower than his Td totals at Louisville?

How was Louisville able to win with all this
"atrocious ball placement " ?
Why would the Ravens draft this
"atrocious ball placement " Qb in the 1st round?

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I think they are both still projects. Mitch has a few more weapons and a more dynamic offense that covers his flaws. As far as who’s better, they are two different QBs in two different schemes so it’s hard to judge. This year will be a crucial year for both QBs. If Mitch doesn’t show major improvements over his reads and ball placement I would say we need to start looking for another QB. He was a bit of a gamble at 2 and I’d be very cautious signing him to a big contract without seeing a big improvement. Jackson on the other hand has one year under his belt in his offense so his expectations are a bit lower. In my opinion.

Good points, @Jcollins1977 and a Good balanced way of looking at these 2 Qb's

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
I agree, I saw McCown came out of retirement and he is a system guy who I think back a few years ago did very well a crap HC and OC and pulled off a 12/1 td to int ratio, ehhh ehhh maybe we should have gone journeymen vs a rookie but let's get real and see what the kid can do with a second year in the system. Chicago is to harsh on QB's because we've never had one. Green Bay might be known for it but the bears are known for DEFENSE and RUNNING up your ass style football

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
A few points 1) the Ravens must've seen a lot in Jackson to draft him in the 1st round. Let that marinade for a while. 2) when I think of a horrible passing Qb, it's one who doesn't protect the ball, it's one who overall has almost as many picks as td's. That's not the case with Jackson if u look at his college and pro stats. I also look at W-L record. Yes it's a team game, but if you're consistently losing with a Qb, then there's a problem. That hasn't been the case with Jackson.

We can say this for any pro team that over uses the Spread ops. and doesn't give focus to the passing game. Look at that Ravens-Charger playoff game last yr. The Ravens did make a 4th qrt. run with the passing game, but it was to late. IMO, bad play calling earlier in the game.
----
With Jackson being basically a rookie, we don't know what his future will be at the Qb position. With all this said, at the 3 yr mark, of course Trubz is better.
I live in Maryland and get to see training camp, and am able to listen to the local sports radio, and ALL of the talk host agree that Lamar need to improve dramatically in order to throw at the NFL level. Again, I don’t care what you think the stats say, I see it with my own ?, he has not improved over last year.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

----

I live in Maryland and get to see training camp, and am able to listen to the local sports radio, and ALL of the talk host agree that Lamar need to improve dramatically in order to throw at the NFL level. Again, I don’t care what you think the stats say, I see it with my own ?, he has not improved over last year.

His stats don't fit your narrative. I'll bet if he were a pick thrower
that would fit your narrative;)

Right now in preseason he has a 105.5 QBR. No picks, a Td and a 62.5% comp. rate. Thus far he has improved over his 2018 preseason #'s . He's a rookie, for all practical purposes. He only played sparingly last yr. as a rookie, yet it seems u wanna almost throw his future the trash bin.

Again, at the 3 yr mark, of course Trubz is better.

OK....Great u "listen to to the local sports radio, and ALL of the talk host agree ........"

But Mdbearz, specifically what our his coaches and teammates saying???

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
His stats don't fit your narrative. I'll bet if he were a pick thrower
that would fit your narrative;)

Right now in preseason he has a 105.5 QBR. No picks, a Td and a 62.5% comp. rate. Thus far he has improved over his 2018 preseason #'s . He's a rookie, for all practical purposes. He only played sparingly last yr. as a rookie, yet it seems u wanna almost throw his future the trash bin.

Again, at the 3 yr mark, of course Trubz is better.

OK....Great u "listen to to the local sports radio, and ALL of the talk host agree ........"

But Mdbearz, specifically what our his coaches and teammates saying???
Glad we can agree that Trubisky in his 3rd year is a better passer.......I’m not ready to throw away LJs career yet, but I am pessimistic that he will improve enough to carry the Ravens to a Championship.

Liked Posts:
Lamar Jackson was an atrocious passer last year. The majority of the playoff game was especially hard to watch.